Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the highlight for you so far of season 2012/13
With 2012 drawing to a close I thought I would see what fellow staggies highlights of the season so far have been. For me there has been plenty to cheer about.
1-The opening fixture v Motherwell on the 4th August. We were an ex Highland league team who had gained promotion to the SFL and finally the SPL. We were playing a team who were competing for a place in Europe after finishing second in the SPL last season-who would have thought that possible 18 years ago? It was a lovely sunny day and despite the 0-0 scoreline it was a fantastic start to our season.
2-Ritchie Brittains free kick v Celtic. A fabulous goal and for pub quiz fans it will be the answer to the question 'Who scored Ross Countys first goal in the SPL?'
3-The goal scored by Steven Ross v Aberdeen. A fabulous strike and it was great to see a local lad make the breakthrough and score in the SPL.
4-The games v ICT in the Scottish Cup. We did lose eventually but a great second half performance in Dingwall and Inverness I felt meant we could hold our heads high.

So what were yours?
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Would love to say the opening game of the season but someone spoiled that for me by nearly getting chucked out the stadium for standing up, but not going to say anymore in that so am gonna say RB goal against Celtic. I was in a pub down in Hamilton which was full of Celtic fans talking about how much they were gonna thrash us but up stepped RB and bang!! There she goes!! Although we did draw think after that people relised wot were all about!!! And since then no one takes us lightly!!!

Highlight for me is that I have yet to see County lose, in the flesh that is. Every game I have been to has resulted in a draw!

Richie's world class free kick against Celtic.

I still think the Celtic game was the best game of football County have been involved in this season.

It was our biggest attendance too, I think, and there was atmosphere that day that hasn't been matched since.

Kettlewell, Vigurs and Brittain dominated an international class Celtic midfield for long periods that day.

It was just gutting at the end, but that match still stands out for me as the highlight of the season so far.

Either:

The win against Hibs in Dingwall or Richie's free kick against Celtic.

Brittain against Celtic without a doubt.

Apart from the late equaliser I loved the 2-2 draw against Hearts. Shows how far we have come as a club.

Never been more proud to call myself a Staggie!

yeah def for me was the goal rb scored against celtic and being so proud to se county run out for our first spl game , and hope to see many more come 2013 SmileSmile

beating the dons made my work most enjoyable. hope the bragging rights continue.

The come back against Hibs was brilliant, was such a tight game. I left the stadium in a really good mood that day. Also the 90 odd seconds we were 3-2 up against Caley was particularly fun, I dont think anyone saw it coming. Shame the moment got spoiled so quickly!

Looking forward to 2013, I guess being able to still be optimistic on survival this late in the season is a big bonus Smile

1 Young Steven Ross's goal against the Dons, highland lad called Ross from Ross Shire playing at home in Ross Shire for an x highland league team called Ross County - poetic & Pure class.
2 RBs goal against Celtic again pure class