Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Jambos
(12-29-2012, 05:36 PM)Soldier staggie Wrote: Hopefully DU do the business...

Well, they didn't. Ended Dundee Utd 3, St Mirren 4! Sounds like a good game. Anyway, moving on - I know that given our performances this season I have no right to think this way but 8th place is only 4pts away and 6th place only 6pts away. A win on wednesday would definitely help our cause.

Ref never gave the game the go ahead. He gave County additional time to sort the problem area.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(12-29-2012, 10:35 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 10:32 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: but there's always going to be an issue with drainage due to where the ground is situated.

I'm afraid that is just plain wrong. Suds my man, all about the right suds.

The pitch problem is down to clay underneath...and poor drainage...they can put in as much artificial drainage as possible, but the pitch sits pretty close to water level, so even artificial drainage struggles....Dingwall has and always will have this issue...unless they raise the pitch by about another metre there is no where for the water to go....although run off tanks etc will help...just like the ones built into the ground at Dingwall academy ...these still won't cure it, and at the academy have filled up in no time ....it's a total pain in the ass....but clay holds the water table very high.....

(12-30-2012, 01:56 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Not if the site is situtated on impermeable clay aquiclude.... Wink

Problem in Dingwall is there is a lovely river...which is tidal...which allows water to seep in between the soil and clay layer....this causes flooding as the water just cannot move...the highland council and URS are looking into how they can resolve it (It can't be resolved) so far they reckon a reservoir out past the business park is the best place for them to hold the water from the river...but there is no cure....Just to expensive ....a suds system like they have for an engineered surface may help...but like at the academy...( where they have one) it still doesn't cure it....it really needs less engineered areas to allow for flooding but that's not going to happen....
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(12-30-2012, 09:27 PM)dereknic Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 10:35 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote:
(12-29-2012, 10:32 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: but there's always going to be an issue with drainage due to where the ground is situated.

I'm afraid that is just plain wrong. Suds my man, all about the right suds.

The pitch problem is down to clay underneath...and poor drainage...they can put in as much artificial drainage as possible, but the pitch sits pretty close to water level, so even artificial drainage struggles....Dingwall has and always will have this issue...unless they raise the pitch by about another metre there is no where for the water to go....although run off tanks etc will help...just like the ones built into the ground at Dingwall academy ...these still won't cure it, and at the academy have filled up in no time ....it's a total pain in the ass....but clay holds the water table very high.....

(12-30-2012, 01:56 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Not if the site is situtated on impermeable clay aquiclude.... Wink

Problem in Dingwall is there is a lovely river...which is tidal...which allows water to seep in between the soil and clay layer....this causes flooding as the water just cannot move...the highland council and URS are looking into how they can resolve it (It can't be resolved) so far they reckon a reservoir out past the business park is the best place for them to hold the water from the river...but there is no cure....Just to expensive ....a suds system like they have for an engineered surface may help...but like at the academy...( where they have one) it still doesn't cure it....it really needs less engineered areas to allow for flooding but that's not going to happen....

That was what I was going to sayTongue
So the high tide does affect the water table at GES
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Groan. I am far from convinced by the geological interpretation on display guys. You are confusing surface water or perched water, with groundwater and the water table.

The fact remains that it can be sorted with the correct drainage design. Winter break will be the ideal time to get the diggers in.

(12-31-2012, 01:02 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Groan. I am far from convinced by the geological interpretation on display guys. You are confusing surface water or perched water, with groundwater and the water table.

The fact remains that it can be sorted with the correct drainage design. Winter break will be the ideal time to get the diggers in.

For Pete’s sake! (Pardon the pun Pete).
Seriously, you are 100% correct.
Of course the drainage problem can be resolved, with the proper drainage and subsequent disposal of the water.
There are countries around the world with far greater rainfall than we have in Scotland and they deal with it.

This may be the most intellectual debate I've seen on this forum in a long time. Keep it going, guys!

Personally, I haven't a clue about drainage, but it beats talking about hot chocolate...

Hearts looking for compo because they can't handle a 3hr bus journey before a game!

Now I stay in a lot of hotels for work, and I'm pretty sure very single one of them charges you the full amount if you cancel less than 24hrs before arrival.

So basically Hearts wanted us to call off the game on Friday before 3pm.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top...-1-2712522

Roy has already offered free buses for the fans which is more than our Central based fans get.

If this goes through then I say we Boycott the next game at tynie. £25 x 300 is way more than £4000 (its 7500).

That might make them think twice given Hearts current situation
No sacrifice no victory 

(12-31-2012, 10:31 AM)Slatefordstag Wrote: Hearts looking for compo because they can't handle a 3hr bus journey before a game!

Now I stay in a lot of hotels for work, and I'm pretty sure very single one of them charges you the full amount if you cancel less than 24hrs before arrival.

Roy has already offered free buses for the fans which is more than our Central based fans get.

If this goes through then I say we Boycott the next game at tynie. £25 x 300 is way more than £4000 (its 7500).

If they were that cash strapped then they wouldnt/shouldnt of stayed overnight. Its only 3 hours, this is typical from the Central Belt, think they are driving to the sodding Arctic Circle

(12-31-2012, 10:31 AM)Slatefordstag Wrote: Hearts looking for compo because they can't handle a 3hr bus journey before a game!

Hearts are perfectly entitled to ask for compensation given the circumstances.

The club can't control the weather, or have foreseen the drainage problem with that part of the pitch until we had considerable rainfall, but in the end it's still the club that takes responsibility for what happened.

To suggest boycotting Tynecastle is just plain childish.

Shouldnt the SFA foot the bill or at least part? The club doesnt decide to call the game off.

Travelling costs should be compensated. Accommodation costs shouldn't be.

Out of interest, did QotS pay the travel costs for the two abandoned games? I'm almost certain they did.

(12-31-2012, 11:29 AM)Billy7Ferries Wrote:

The club can't control the weather, or have foreseen the drainage problem with that part of the pitch until we had considerable rainfall, but in the end it's still the club that takes responsibility for what happened.

Yes Hearts are entitled to ask for comp but it is the ref who is a folt he shood be ariving at 10 or 11 to look at the park not at 1 and onley giving the ground staff 1hr to get it scorted will we be in the s**t with the SFA and SPL for what happend

(12-31-2012, 11:47 AM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Yes Hearts are entitled to ask for comp but it is the ref who is a folt he shood be ariving at 10 or 11 to look at the park not at 1 and onley giving the ground staff 1hr to get it scorted will we be in the s**t with the SFA and SPL for what happend

By all accounts we didn't report any problem with the pitch though, so Brines arrived at lunchtime unaware of any issue.

In hindsight, maybe he should have called it off then, but he's given us an hour to try and sort it out, then he's made the call it's still unplayable at 2 o'clock.

Worth noting that the article doesn't actually quote anyone from Hearts saying they'll ask for compensation. McGlynn is asked if they'll claim compensation and he brushes it off by saying it's for the directors to decide.

If indeed it's standard practice, I can understand us footing their travel bill, but no way should we be responsible for the hotel costs - staying overnight was optional on their part.

What's actually the most scandalous part of this whole affair is McGlynn's shocking shirt/tie, tracksuit trouser combo...

[Image: 1986152320.jpg]

Ok an over reaction in some ways

I agree we can maybe pay the travel costs but the hotel was whole unnecessary.
No sacrifice no victory 

Hearts aren't entitled to anything. Not a penny. From anyone. Uncle Roy shouldn't have offered to pay for their buses.

(12-31-2012, 11:41 AM)theweehighlander Wrote: Shouldnt the SFA foot the bill or at least part? The club doesnt decide to call the game off.

The SPL you mean? Probably.

(12-31-2012, 11:45 AM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Travelling costs should be compensated. Accommodation costs shouldn't be.

Out of interest, did QotS pay the travel costs for the two abandoned games? I'm almost certain they did.

I don't think anything should be compensated. Such is life. Hearts are a financial basketcase, so once they get their own house in order they can have a go at us. John McGlynn's a complete fud though.

Why should the SPL or anyone else for that, cover the cost of their overnight stay.
They chose to travel up the night before! Which given the financial problems Hearts have I was surprised they could afford that in the first place!

It is a strange one as McGlynn also pointed the finger at the ref in the report I read, saying "We have seen games go ahead in far worse circumstances. We are very disappointed, to say the least,"

Therefore it is harder for them to now say give us some money as it was your pitch that caused the problem. Notice there is some more news regarding both clubs now hitting the headlines.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20877263
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20843079

Hearts haven't asked Ross County for Compensation from County
Mcglynn is quoting issues with the old pitch. He is full of contridictions.
'The pitch was fine'
'we have played in far worse'
to
' The Ross County should have told us earlier that their was a problem'

How could they anyway.

The Heavy rain fell between 10 and 12.30.

Even if the game was called off at 11am it would not have saved them any funds as the were already up here.
@JackMunro9