Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chick Young
Just been listening to Radio Shortbread and Chick was talking about Celtic and their next Euro tie which will be sandwiched between trips to Inverness and Dingwall and the suggestion was that the SPL should shift games to help Celtic (and any other Scottish teams in Europe) however there was no mention of Celtic or others being bothered about travelling thousands of miles in Europe, but 160 miles to the Highlands are considered a mare.
I think Celtic have on occasion flown up to Inverness for games so i can't see the real issue for them.
Of course there was no balanced argument about Caley and County going south for games.
I quite like Richard Gordon and Jim Spence but wish Chick would go and join his pal at Sevco.

(12-11-2012, 08:48 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Just been listening to Radio Shortbread and Chick was talking about Celtic and their next Euro tie which will be sandwiched between trips to Inverness and Dingwall and the suggestion was that the SPL should shift games to help Celtic (and any other Scottish teams in Europe) however there was no mention of Celtic or others being bothered about travelling thousands of miles in Europe, but 160 miles to the Highlands are considered a mare.
I think Celtic have on occasion flown up to Inverness for games so i can't see the real issue for them.
Of course there was no balanced argument about Caley and County going south for games.
I quite like Richard Gordon and Jim Spence but wish Chick would go and join his pal at Sevco.

I think you might be obsessed with the Jimmy Saville 11... ? That's 4 times you mentioned them and only 1 mention of County.

I believe the best phrase to describe Chick Young is "the man's a fud".

Only interested in teams from the Central Belt or should that be- an ex-team from the Central Belt, no matter how hard he tries to pander towards St. Mirren. A total tit.

It's hard to tell where Chick Young starts and 'Only an Excuse' Chico ends, i can't believe that he is still given airtime to give us his views on Scottish football.
Traynor has gone from the Beeb we also need rid of Chick and replace them with guys like Bill Leckie and Des McKeown who don't have hidden agendas.

He is a joke...I cannot stand listening to him...
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

A lot of the time he lives in journalistic wonderland. He was murder when doing YOUR CALL when Jim Traynor was absent. You've heard of the phrase car crash TV?

Much prefer Chico to "The Blob" (John Robertson). Sometimes I even feel sorry for him, he gets bullied something rotten on Sportsound. Was even worse for him when Master Jabba was still there.