Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County tactics
After our solid start I was just thinking what would be County's best way to set up and play from now on? As a long distance supporter was wondering the reasons why and what were the favoured personel.
Many on here seem to favour 442 some 451, my favoured view is 4231 but I look forward to being educated

There's no magic formula.

Today it was 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 with fluidity and with Ian Vigurs mainly in behind Colin McMenygoals and it worked pretty well. Kettlewell and Corcoran tried to support McMen too, and less frequently Brittain (in central midfield) and Quinn (on the Right).

When things are going our way it can be more 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 but we had to work hard to keep Celtic from controlling too much.

While we'd love to get more support and service for the forward(s) I can't argue with the performance and the points won so far, with a strong midfield and defence.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

(08-18-2012, 04:33 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Today it was 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 with fluidity and with Ian Vigurs mainly in behind Colin McMenygoals and it worked pretty well. Kettlewell and Corcoran tried to support McMen too, and less frequently Brittain (in central midfield) and Quinn (on the Right).

When things are going our way it can be more 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 but we had to work hard to keep Celtic from controlling too much.

While we'd love to get more support and service for the forward(s) I can't argue with the performance and the points won so far, with a strong midfield and defence.

These were the starting formations, Les.

[Image: abDcTSnaox.jpg]

(08-18-2012, 04:38 PM)bunglebonce Wrote: ...
These were the starting formations, Les.

[Image: abDcTSnaox.jpg]

It worked well. I thought County did a good job of keeping the celebrity Celtic players quiet.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Only current issue I have with the current tactics are from corners as we seem to be leaving the back post unprotected for corners. Not quite sure what Tokeley's role was against Celtic as he seemed to be doing some form of zonal marking. It seemed to work for the most part but I really don't like leaving the back stick without a man on it.