Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Song for County coming onto the field
(08-14-2012, 12:43 PM)Chewbacca Wrote: Welcome to the North by the Music was another idea i had....... still not entirely sure if it is a good one or not.

CHOON!!! (as they say). That could definitely have a place on the playlist. Great song, and pretty appropriate given our geography. Probably not iconic enough to greet the teams, however.

(08-14-2012, 01:05 PM)Chewbacca Wrote:
(08-14-2012, 12:51 PM)dingwall.cof Wrote: What is wrong with what we already have??? meets all your above criteria Chewbacca

What do we currently have? I haven't been to VP in some time.

Zeto by Wolfstone and has been since 1996
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

Having been all over England watching football in my time, the most rousing songs for teams to run out to that I have seen are:

1) Mr Blue Sky - ELO - Birmingham City
2) Annie's Song (aka The Greasy Chip Butty Song) - John Denver - Sheff Utd

(08-14-2012, 01:55 PM)dingwall.cof Wrote:
(08-14-2012, 01:05 PM)Chewbacca Wrote:
(08-14-2012, 12:51 PM)dingwall.cof Wrote: What is wrong with what we already have??? meets all your above criteria Chewbacca

What do we currently have? I haven't been to VP in some time.

Zeto by Wolfstone and has been since 1996

Great tune!

I am majorly confused now, what is the point in this thread if we already have a local band playing an uplifting tune? Or have we run out of things to moan about so just picking things at random?

By the way not meant to be an attack on the OP.

Just an idea that has come to mind as I was waiting for the (slow) work computers to upload that last post...... again not sure it's a great one.

1) We keep the same tune to run out to
2) We develop a song list before the game/half time that includes bands with a local Heeland sound and songs with a apt lyrics (welcome to the north being an example but I'm sure there are loads more...... are there any songs about sheep)

As said, we should use our highland location as a USP, it will get exposure and hopefully get fans from other SPL clubs wanting to travel (and also probably individuals from other teams/countries/sports etc). That and it will make a good atmosphere at games.

Music 
I've just come down from the Isle of Skye
I'm no very big and I'm awful shy
The lassies shout as I go by:
"Tonald where's yer troosers?"
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

In a Ga Da Da Vida by Iron Butterfly is a short and snappy number for running out to.

eurythmics - sweet dreams

(08-30-2012, 09:20 PM)staggiemanishe Wrote: eurythmics - sweet dreams

not for running on, but for a Runrig song during the game how about...

And I can't believe
That it's taken all this time
I can't believe
My life and my destiny
After the clans, after the clearings
Here I am
Recovering

Any chance we can get Zeto back next season? Don't know what that music is the players have been coming onto the field to this last season but it's not as good as the old track. Maybe Zeto is to County what the Michael Jackson statue was to Fulham?!

Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone

It's that or nothing I'm afraid.

If it's not "Everything Is Awesome" from Lego Movie, I'll be emotionally fragile.

Len (the tannoy man) has been doing requests at HT. There was a news article on the official site, email your requests.
Doubt they would change the entrance tune though. I couldn't even tell you what it has been recently tbh.
I'm sure I was told we stopped playing Zeto at the request of the manager or players. :-(

News story: http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...ease!.aspx

Something that is up beating that will get the fans and players up for the game

(05-23-2014, 08:39 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I'm sure I was told we stopped playing Zeto at the request of the manager or players. :-(

As a Wolfstone fan for the past 20 years, that makes me sad. A good song that differentiated us from other clubs and has some local character rather than being a generic upbeat pop song.

Bring back Zeto!

(05-23-2014, 02:52 PM)Forfinn Wrote:
(05-23-2014, 08:39 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I'm sure I was told we stopped playing Zeto at the request of the manager or players. :-(

As a Wolfstone fan for the past 20 years, that makes me sad. A good song that differentiated us from other clubs and has some local character rather than being a generic upbeat pop song.

Bring back Zeto!

Couldn't agree more, we need a campaign to bring back Zeto! For me Zeto was all part of the build up to a match, which I certainly miss. It is a good choice for all the reasons that Forfinn gave.
Chances are, if it was the players who did not want it, they have gone, and if it was Adams, well perhaps the manager has to go......*
As uncle Roy has said, ''The heart of the club is the fan,The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

* I am not seriously calling for Mr Adams to go!

Zeto or nothing!

New Twitter campaign?

I like Zeto a lot, actually.

As a bit of background Zeto the Bubbleman was written by Gordon Duncan who is sadly no longer with us. I reckon he would have been a St Johnstone fan, I know his brother is.

Something played by a local band definitely gets my vote!

Just had a listen to Zeto - seems a rousing enough tune and appropriate having the pipes!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Got to stick with AC/DC and play it a lot louder!