Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.8 Average
SPL U20 League
Yes, but no need to for U20 games. Not sure of the exact cost each time we have to use it but it's no cheap!

(01-21-2013, 04:11 PM)dereknic Wrote:
(01-21-2013, 03:28 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: OS saying frozen pitch.

Thats a bit scary....are they not allowed to use the undersoil heating?

They were going to be playing the game on the HFA raised pitch, not the stadium pitch.
You're allowed to play 3 games a season away from your designated pitch (hence why we played Utd at St. Andrews).
And given the issues with the pitch inside the stadium they were going to play it on the raised pitch, but given the weather lately it's frozen.

County 3 St Mirren 4 today apparently, no idea of team.

Whether it is the U20's or the full team, it seems matches against St Mirren result in a goal fest.

(01-30-2013, 02:52 PM)County73 Wrote: Whether it is the U20's or the full team, it seems matches against St Mirren result in a goal fest.
Except the 0-0 snoozefest in November when the most exciting bit was waiting for the floodlights to come back onSad

County U20's are playing Motherwell U20's at Airdrie's stadium today at 2pm. Planning heading along as there's nothing else to do with all this snow!

Never mind. Just got a text to say it's postponed!

We are due to play Hamilton at home tomorrow, any word where/when?

7pm on the GES pitch.

We're also playing Celtic at Firhill on Friday at 3pm so I'll be heading along to that.

What's the script with payment at Firhill, is it free like home games?

(02-11-2013, 07:24 PM)StrathclydeStag Wrote: What's the script with payment at Firhill, is it free like home games?
It's free.

(02-11-2013, 05:51 PM)staggy4life Wrote: 7pm on the GES pitch.

We're also playing Celtic at Firhill on Friday at 3pm so I'll be heading along to that.

Good, I'll head over then.
I thought they might save the pitch and play it elsewhere.

Fair chance of Hainault getting a game tonight I would have thought?

(02-12-2013, 09:23 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 05:51 PM)staggy4life Wrote: 7pm on the GES pitch.

Good, I'll head over then.
I thought they might save the pitch and play it elsewhere.

Fair chance of Hainault getting a game tonight I would have thought?

Be nice to know which senior players are geting game time in these matches.

Fraser, Hainault, Fotheringham, Glen and Ross all starting tonight.

0-1, against run of play. Hainault took a sore one but is ok now.

Glen equalised after good build up play from Tony Dingwall, but Hamilton have just scored again.

FT 1-2
Unlucky not to equalise, Porritt hit bar with a great shot and then Ross (I think) hit the post. Baltic.

(02-12-2013, 08:08 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Fraser, Hainault, Fotheringham, Glen and Ross all starting tonight.

0-1, against run of play. Hainault took a sore one but is ok now.

Thank you for keeping us up to speed. Any thoughts on how Hainault is developing.

Branislav Micic hasn't looked great so far. Hand balled in the air to give away a penalty, Great save by McCarthy but I think Micic bundled it in the net for an own goal to Celtic. His distribution is good though and County seem to be playing with a back 3.
22mins in and he's gone over his ankle and left the pitch on crutche..

1-0 Celtic at HT but County have played really well. only Jimmy Scott is over age.

Oh dear, Micic seems to have been injured since he arrived.

FT 3-0 apparently.

(02-15-2013, 04:24 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Branislav Micic has had a dodgy few minutes. Hand balled in the air to give away a penalty, great save by McCarthy to his bottom left corner but I think Micic bundled it in the net for an own goal to Celtic. His distribution is good though and County seem to be playing with a back 3.
22mins in and he's gone over his ankle and left the pitch on crutches..

1-0 Celtic at HT but County have played really well. Only Jimmy Scott is over age.

Finished 3-0 to Celtic but the boys put in a good performance. Celtic's goals came from 2 penalties and a header. 2nd half Celtic scored an early penalty due to a player being pushed at the backpost. The 3rd goal came not long after as a lovely cross from the right was headed past McCarthy at the back post.

I'd say the last half an hour though County started to play a lot better and didn't look out of place anyway. Steven Ross had a great game upfront and despite being isolated from time to time he held the ball up well and linked with the rest of the team. He nearly scored from a header but the keeper managed to palm it away. His younger brother Ryan almost scored in stoppage time after hitting the bar from a cracking 25 yard shot. Jimmy had a good game in the middle of the park too. Micic walked out the changing room fine after the match so I imagine his ankle isn't too bad. Can't fault all the lads effort though as they restricted Celtic to very few chances.

Not 100% but I think the team was

McCarthy
Porrit--???--Micic
Finlayson----------------McPhee
MacDonald--Scott
Dingwall-----------------Ross
Ross

Home v Dundee tonight, 7pm.