Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.8 Average
SPL U20 League
(08-21-2012, 11:52 PM)County73 Wrote: Why was there only 200 people if it was free entry? Wish I still stayed in Invergordon, I would have been there.

It was far more than I had imagined, was expecting about 50!
A few familiar faces, including Ferries and Ketts.

I thought it was actually a very good match and quite enjoyable to watch.

Some good players in both teams. and seeing our sub keeper Sean MacCarthy made an excellent double save at one point was re-assuring givent hat he'll be on the bench this Saturday.

But there is a lot of promise in some of our younger player I would say

How is Kovacevic looking? Ready to take over from Tokes when the time comes?

Just saw this:

Just to remind everyone that this coming Sunday the 23rd we are playing Ross County in the second round of the Scottish F.A. Youth Cup at the Global Energy Stadium kick off 2pm

http://www.facebook.com/ClachFC/posts/467056923328471

I'm presuming the home game tomorrow v Aberdeen is in the evening, not afternoon?

7pm kick-off

Good. Wonder what over-agers we will see tonight.

FT 2-2. Good game.
Brown, Brittain, McMenamin and Glen started.
Brown had some excellent saves. Brittain and McMenamin got 75mins. Glen scored with a header, and I think it was Steven Ross with a stunning 35yd shot over the keeper.

Away to ICT next Tuesday, but I don't know if I can cope with 2 visits to the dump in 5 days...

According to the fixture list on P&B, this game is a 2pm kick off.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...r-20s.aspx

Hearts tonight, in case anyone was planning it but has forgotten!

Malin, Bateson and Duncan starting.

FT 2-4. Pretty even first half, Hearts went ahead shortly before the interval when a headed corner crashed off the woodwork and the ball was fired home from the edge of the box.
We equalised quickly when the second half started through Steven Ross, but then went to pieces and it was soon 1-3. Defence given a torrid time.
Malin had a few good stops.
Kyle Macleod pounced on a defensive mix up to make it 2-3, but Hearts scored again immediately. They seemed to be able to step up a gear when required.
Not sure of the ages involved but some of our boys looked a good bit younger than the Hearts lads.

Cold night, quite a few players struggling to keep on their feet on a slippery pitch.
The car park is like a lake by the way! Typical Dingwall drainage.

Next game on Sunday 2pm v Pars in the cup, who tanked us 1-6 a few weeks ago. The pitch is in for a heavy weekend.

Notice the linesmen switched touchlines last night, wonder if that was at our request to help save the pitch?

How did Bateson play?

These 2 Ross lads seem to be doing well for the U20s, does anyone have any more info on them, positions style of play etc. I seem to remember someone said they were making the bench for the first team, are they genuine contenders or is it a bit premature and they're filling the quota?

Bateson played CB. Steven Ross has certainly been involved with the first team squad, came on v St Mirren. Like the look of him, good finisher. Scored a wonder goal v Aberdeen a couple of weeks ago.

Watched the last 2 games. Although we lost last night, and sit lowly in the table I feel we have some real potential in the team.

What they lack is depth in certain positions and leaders on the park.
Apart from Archie Macphee they were almost silent last night, all the shouts/claims were coming from Hearts.

From a standing start the team is doing well enough.

I think Steven Ross and Archie Macphee are the best players over the two games I seen with Tony Dingwall looking decent. I don't know the ages of the team, but some look well below 20.
Good crowd last night, and I would recommend going along to watch, the football is very open and entertaining.

I think it is great the game is free, but I would happily chuck a few quid in a donation box etc if it went directly to youth/u20 developement.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Most of the team are only 17 or 18 years old.

Archie McPhee and Steven Ross being the exception, who are around 20 years old.

I think the main difference when we see them against other teams is that a lot of their players appear to be older, and I think at that age a couple of years makes a big difference.

(10-16-2012, 12:20 AM)dorsetstaggie Wrote: These 2 Ross lads seem to be doing well for the U20s, does anyone have any more info on them, positions style of play etc. I seem to remember someone said they were making the bench for the first team, are they genuine contenders or is it a bit premature and they're filling the quota?

I was a couple years older than Steven at Tain Royal Academy. He was good but I wouldn't say he was an absolute stand out so he must have improved over the last few years. Him and his brother Ryan are both pretty fast and decent on the ball from what I can remember. Ryan is a couple years younger than Steven.

(10-16-2012, 04:34 PM)Capital_Stag Wrote: What they lack is depth in certain positions and leaders on the park.
Apart from Archie Macphee they were almost silent last night, all the shouts/claims were coming from Hearts.

McPhee acts like the captain he is. Thought Bateson was trying his best to organise those around him too. Duncan looked a bit slimmer/sharper from what I've seen of him previously.