Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 3.8 Average
SPL U20 League
Ross County's U20s get their season underway next tues night v Hibs at the Global Energy Stadium 7pm ko according to the SPL website.
Is this actually in Viccy park or the pitch beside the all weather pitch? and if in Viccy park will it be free entry or a couple of quid?
A good chance to see some of the potential players of the future.

All U20's games have to be played in a stadium. So it looks like County will have to play them in Victoria Park, unless of course we get a change of venue to a local highland league club, but I can't see us doing that.

I notice that Celtic are playing their games at Partick's Firhill.

It dose not matter that the U20's home games at Victoria park cos they play there games on a sunday

(08-05-2012, 05:53 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: It dose not matter that the U20's home games at Victoria park cos they play there games on a sunday

I don't think the Grass minds what day the games on!!
No sacrifice no victory 

(08-05-2012, 05:53 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: It dose not matter that the U20's home games at Victoria park cos they play there games on a sunday

All U20 games are being played on Tuesday's this season - with a few moved to Monday nights - where there is other competitions organised for for midweeks.

There is a full list of Ross County's U20 fixtures Here

Hibs won 3-1 tonight. Coops got sent off!

Gary glen scored with a looping header for us

Making the short train journey to St.Mirren later on with a couple of mates. 3pm k.o

Bateson, Glen, MacPhee, Ross and Quinn are the ones playing today from the 1st team. Not sure about keeper.

Will post updates and team line-ups later on.

I might head along too it. Got rehearsals for a gig that finishes at 3
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

county team: McCarthy, Bateson, MacDonald, porritt, macphee, Finlayson, Quinn, Ross, Hutchison. glen, grimes

3-0 down at HT. County are poor and and look like they'll take time to gel. Too many long balls. St.Mirren pass the ball about well but have only really had 3 shots. Gary Glen's had a couple of decent efforts but that's about it. Young Centre back Porritt's been at fault for a couple of the goals, 3rd one was a wicked deflection.

Finished 5-1. Played better second half. Good play by county for the goal, Quinn played a through ball for Steven's younger brother Ryan Ross to slot in the corner. St.Mirren's 4th was great drilled cross to the backpost and header leaving McCarthy no chance. 5th was a penalty.

(08-14-2012, 03:06 PM)staggy4life Wrote: county team: McCarthy, Bateson, MacDonald, porritt, macphee, Finlayson, Quinn, Ross, Hutchison. glen, grimes

3-0 down at HT. County are poor and and look like they'll take time to gel. Too many long balls. St.Mirren pass the ball about well but have only really had 3 shots. Gary Glen's had a couple of decent efforts but that's about it. Young Centre back Porritt's been at fault for a couple of the goals, 3rd one was a wicked deflection.

We are Ross County, we play the long ball Tongue

at home v Motherwell Tuesday night, 7pm.

So whats the scoop for getting in to watch these games?

Also why is Glen playing for U20s when he is 22 years old?

(08-20-2012, 01:05 PM)theweehighlander Wrote: So whats the scoop for getting in to watch these games?

Also why is Glen playing for U20s when he is 22 years old?

I think you're allowed 3 over age players in the games as there is no reserve league anymore.

1-0 up so far. About 20mins to go. Hutchison with the goal.

Finished 2-1 with two well taken Hutchison goals in second half. Motherwell scored right at the end. About 200 there I would guess.

McCarthy had a good couple of saves, Cooper and McPhee stood out, Morrow set up the second goal well with a break down the right and a great cross. Kovacevic is a beast, seems to cover half the length of the pitch with about 6 strides! Would like to see what he can do at right back.

(08-20-2012, 01:05 PM)theweehighlander Wrote: So whats the scoop for getting in to watch these games?

Just rock up to the ground, walk through the open door free of charge and sit down to enjoy the match.

I believe some of the other teams charge, but County's game will be free of charge.

The only warning is to check the day before the game to find out when they kick off, as sometimes they will be moved to afternoon kick-offs.

Why was there only 200 people if it was free entry? Wish I still stayed in Invergordon, I would have been there.

200 is pretty good for an U20 match. We will be lucky to get 3 figures in the winter months.