Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fallout from Rangers
This thread is like an icy road. Car crashes around every corner.....

Mike Ashley is the best thing that can happen to Rangers.
He is not a popular owner down here due to his lack of ambition (especially in FA Cup) but from a financial management point of view, there are very few better owners. He has taken NUFC from being on the verge of bankruptcy to being one of the few Premiership clubs in the BLACK.
Rangers are a shambles and via his cynical business ways, Ashley will save them.
As for the "dodgy loans", well they are 5 players who will never get anywhere near the first team again and it looks like a favour to Rangers to me.
Personally, I'd love Ashley to pack up, leave NUFC and move 100% to the Rangers circus but he could turn them into major contenders too.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(02-06-2015, 10:53 PM)staggie34 Wrote: Mike Ashley is the best thing that can happen to Rangers.
He is not a popular owner down here due to his lack of ambition (especially in FA Cup) but from a financial management point of view, there are very few better owners. He has taken NUFC from being on the verge of bankruptcy to being one of the few Premiership clubs in the BLACK.
Rangers are a shambles and via his cynical business ways, Ashley will save them.
As for the "dodgy loans", well they are 5 players who will never get anywhere near the first team again and it looks like a favour to Rangers to me.
Personally, I'd love Ashley to pack up, leave NUFC and move 100% to the Rangers circus but he could turn them into major contenders too.

It is certainly easier to win in the SPL than the EPL. The glass ceiling is far lower. Maybe the fat cat Ashley might be the saving grace.... However out of respect for our league and the govening body he should handle himself in a more open way. Respecting the league, the Rangers fans is not a lot to ask for someone who is going to make a fair bit of cash from them both.
Highlander29

He has no respect or time for anybody or anything unless it is directly related to his interests.
He has not spoken a word to Newcastle fans since 2008.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Attendance for the Rangers vs Raith game: 11,422.

A drop of around 40,000 from the last few seasons.

That's close to a £1,000,000 less every home game.

"Scottish football needs Rangers back in the top division."

"Scottish football needs Rangers back to their former glory."

"Scottish football needs the Old Firm derby."

The Scottish media continues to peddle the above statements as fact on a daily basis. They simply are not true. Scottish football has changed for the better since Rangers had to re-join the league. The only fans that miss their presence in the top tier are Celtic's. There might be a bit less money in the game now, but there's a more level playing field and clubs are cutting their cloth accordingly rather than trying to keep up with Rangers and Celtic. This is a Good Thing.

Imagine a play-off final between County and Rangers? We could be the team to finally put Rangers out of their misery. I'm far from convinced they would survive without promotion this year. I wouldn't mind being a fan of the team responsible for ridding Scottish football of their bigotry and arrogance, and based on what I've seen of them this season, even our current team could beat them!

(02-09-2015, 04:20 PM)Forfinn Wrote: "Scottish football needs Rangers back in the top division."

"Scottish football needs Rangers back to their former glory."

"Scottish football needs the Old Firm derby."

The Scottish media continues to peddle the above statements as fact on a daily basis. They simply are not true. Scottish football has changed for the better since Rangers had to re-join the league. The only fans that miss their presence in the top tier are Celtic's. There might be a bit less money in the game now, but there's a more level playing field and clubs are cutting their cloth accordingly rather than trying to keep up with Rangers and Celtic. This is a Good Thing.

Imagine a play-off final between County and Rangers? We could be the team to finally put Rangers out of their misery. I'm far from convinced they would survive without promotion this year. I wouldn't mind being a fan of the team responsible for ridding Scottish football of their bigotry and arrogance, and based on what I've seen of them this season, even our current team could beat them!

It would be an enormous struggle for Rangers to survive if they don't get promoted this season.

The club is losing £2 million a MONTH in the Championship, I don't see how that could possibly continue for two seasons.

When you mentioned the play-off final involving Rangers, I think Hibs have a far better chance of getting promoted than Rangers do.

I think Hibs will beat Rangers this weekend and I think Hibs will be in the play-off as I think both QOS and Falkirk are better than Rangers!

Hearts - Champions
Hibs - Play-Off

County could be playing Rangers next season in the Championship - at least we'll still have TV money :OP
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(02-09-2015, 04:37 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: When you mentioned the play-off final involving Rangers, I think Hibs have a far better chance of getting promoted than Rangers do.

I agree on that point. I saw Hibs vs Rangers at Easter Road over Christmas on a freebie ticket. Rangers were atrocious and Hibs just tore them apart. If Hibs find some consistency between now and the end of the season they'll probably finish second and I wouldn't rate our chances against them at all.

That said, Hibs are still quite inconsistent and those Newcastle loan signings could make the difference for Rangers.

I would take solace from us going down against Hibs and have the opportunity to beat Rangers next season. However, I'd rather have away days at Tynecastle and/or Easter Road though. By all accounts, the away fan experience at Ibrox has even less going for it than Celtic Park. At least you don't coins thrown at you at Celtic!

(02-09-2015, 05:45 PM)Forfinn Wrote: ...I would take solace from us going down against Hibs and have the opportunity to beat Rangers next season...

WTF are you on about, that's a ridiculous statement Undecided

I think we may be getting that nauseating but oh too familiar smell of dirty tim wafting from an alleged County fan againBlush maybe time for Spain to do some digging againTongue

(02-09-2015, 10:15 PM)frankthetank Wrote: WTF are you on about, that's a ridiculous statement Undecided

I think we may be getting that nauseating but oh too familiar smell of dirty tim wafting from an alleged County fan againBlush maybe time for Spain to do some digging againTongue

I meant I would rather lose a play-off against Hibs than against Rangers. I'd rather not get relegated at all though, obviously.

I won't go into detail about my views on the Old Firm, but suffice to say, I hold a healthy disdain for both sides of the divide. I really don't like Rangers though.

(02-10-2015, 10:42 AM)Forfinn Wrote: I meant I would rather lose a play-off against Hibs than against Rangers. I'd rather not get relegated at all though, obviously.

I won't go into detail about my views on the Old Firm, but suffice to say, I hold a healthy disdain for both sides of the divide. I really don't like Rangers though.

Verified.

(05-23-2012, 11:26 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: I'm getting just a bit tired of the whole shambles that is Rangers Football Club.

An utter embarrassment to Scotland.

On one hand you'd like to see them stutter on in some shape or form into next season, as you feel County deserve the chance to play them - you reach the SPL, and out with the Caley game, the majority of us would look to the games against Rangers and Celtic as the biggest ones for obvious reasons.

But Rangers are no longer that Scottish giant in football terms, their recent history is now clouded in allegations of financial cheating and corruption, it's looking increasingly possible, there may not be any Rangers in any form next season.

I'll wildly speculate that HMRC will now move to remove Duff and Phelps, liquidate Rangers and sell off the carcass.

you meant you would like to see Rangers No more, well looks like that's not going to happen,and in fairness to their supporters they deserve to get their club back ,what that club and support went through is the real shame of scottish football,for me it's niether here nor there ,but is it not innocent until proven guilty in this country,and they have not been found guilty of any accusation so far, it's good for us we'll now get them up to our stadium,generate more money,that can only be good,it was not those supporters who did wrong,
Incase you think I'm a Rangers man not really just like FairPlay,if it was County how would we deal with it, I was born in this county grew up in this county will Die in this county supporting Ross County,
And I was livid with Refferee against Milan and Delia if he'd left Garry Mackay Stevens on we woukd still have been n Europe ,and no I'm not a celtic man well not really just like to see FairPlay.

(02-10-2015, 11:26 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: Verified.

Coveted comes to mindBig Grin

(05-23-2012, 11:26 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: I'm getting just a bit tired of the whole shambles that is Rangers Football Club.

An utter embarrassment to Scotland.

On one hand you'd like to see them stutter on in some shape or form into next season, as you feel County deserve the chance to play them - you reach the SPL, and out with the Caley game, the majority of us would look to the games against Rangers and Celtic as the biggest ones for obvious reasons.

But Rangers are no longer that Scottish giant in football terms, their recent history is now clouded in allegations of financial cheating and corruption, it's looking increasingly possible, there may not be any Rangers in any form next season.

I'll wildly speculate that HMRC will now move to remove Duff and Phelps, liquidate Rangers and sell off the carcass.

Egg on face today for you,I'm a county man to the core ,but I must say and agree with,huge numbers od celtic supporters ,the Rangers support did nothing to deserve this Rangers themselves have to this day not been proven guilty, scottish football has suffered,ask the teams from 1 ,division 3. 2. championship,who were delighte at Rangers supporters pouring money into their coffers, 45. 50 thousand every other Saturday at ibrox bigger crowds than spfl all told some weeks, depending on who the Celts were playing ,like it or not Celtic who were robbed against Milan will rule scottish football ,with Rangers on their tails second place will always be the main position for the hearts Hibs aberdeen.with D United falling away over next five years
The Rangers support have shown the world what fan power can do well done to them they now have the power in their hands after having to stand helpless watching their club being punished punished again every spiteful characters taking a kick at them when they were down the club was raped robbed pillaged now is that what you cal Fair

In all honesty this has to be the worst thread on this site. Hopefully they can get their ship in order as it is beyond tiring hearing about it constantly now. Before anyone asks no I am not a closet Celtic fan Wink

Have to say it's annoying it's constantly the headline news - it's a total train wreck and the sooner it's sorted the better for Scottish Football.

To be honest the best thing they could have done was sell Ibrox, Murray Park and start a fresh new football club and remove any association with the baggage they have. This should have been their plan from the third division - Young side with no debt and a brand new stadium and marketable new name - and brand.....they have definitely missed a trick by not taking the opportunity to start from scratch and create a new product!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(03-06-2015, 04:13 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Have to say it's annoying it's constantly the headline news - it's a total train wreck and the sooner it's sorted the better for Scottish Football.

To be honest the best thing they could have done was sell Ibrox, Murray Park and start a fresh new football club and remove any association with the baggage they have. This should have been their plan from the third division - Young side with no debt and a brand new stadium and marketable new name - and brand.....they have definitely missed a trick by not taking the opportunity to start from scratch and create a new product!

2509 ican understand your annoyance about each and everyday something springs up, but after toady the healing begins for Rangers support, they have shown what a support can do if they get together, what a lot of people don't realise IBrox park is not just a football ground, and although the majority go to watch football many go to mourn, their loved one who died there on a New Years day game against Celtic ,and
That the ground is a place of worship,a real ease of the terrible sad loss for them,
After all it was not the support who did wrong. Sir David Murracy did the wrong
But I can agree with you sentiments on what you say,
Back to our team we must survive we must be ready to play both old firm teams if the Rangers make it,money in the bank for our Club Ross county,
.born in the county went to school in the county was away doing service for a while ,but came back to the county support the county,will die in the county,
And that is the feeling I had for the Rangers supporters who lost loved one.
Hope you guys are singing sat night,

(03-06-2015, 09:45 AM)wemyss77 Wrote: In all honesty this has to be the worst thread on this site. Hopefully they can get their ship in order as it is beyond tiring hearing about it constantly now. Before anyone asks no I am not a closet Celtic fan Wink

The only Wemyss I know from Dingwall Conon staunch celtic men and good craic too
Did you know J lynas

McCall surely gives Rangers a better chance of getting promoted, obviously a far better manager than McDowall.

I still don't think Rangers will get promoted, Hibs look a good side and I really doubt they'd beat an SPL team over 2 legs.

(03-06-2015, 04:46 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: The only Wemyss I know from Dingwall Conon staunch celtic men and good craic too
Did you know J lynas

Nope not me and don't think I know him! Family have been in Dingwall a few years now, grandparents on that side originally Wester Ross.

Yesterday's result has made the play-offs a little more interesting.

I thought Hibs were miles ahead of Rangers on the pitch before yesterday, especially after the 4-0, but that result really threw a spanner into the works. I didn't expect it at all.

McCall is one of the best managers in Scotland, surely going to be a huge improvement on the two clowns before him.