Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Livingston Game Post-Match
A cracking day out on the beers in Livingston topped off by a perfect result !

Take a bow Colin McMenamin - you are now elevated to the status of ‘County Legend.’

McMenamin was simply superb today scoring with two headers and laying on the third goal for Iain Vigurs.

Special mention also to Michael Fraser who pulled off three great saves during the second-half, to firstly prevent Livingston from going in front and later to stop them equalising.

Despite that I thought that County deserved the win over the 90 minutes both in terms of the number of chances created and their superior possession. By my reckoning County had a total of fourteen efforts on goal during the game (six of which were ‘on target’) against eleven efforts by the home side (four ‘on target’).

Overall I thought that it was a fairly entertaining game between two sides that got the ball down and played some neat football. There were signs that John Hughes has started to stamp his influence on the Livingston side as they played some neat passing football with good movement off the ball. However I thought that their young side lacked both a cutting edge and a bit of experience - two ingredients that County used to good effect both today and throughout this season.

Overall County played well and also managed to get their trademark, quick, passing game going. However, it was obvious that the County team also had that bit of extra quality, added confidence and a never say die attitude that is the mark of champions. County also played off the extra energy that the 800 or so in the away support provided. The noisy County support once again sang throughout the whole game. This was in total contrast to the very muted poor home support who - ouwith the pre-pubescent chanting of the DBM in the corner of the West Stand - did nothing to lift their side.

County totally dominated the first half and pinned Livingston back for long periods.

Colin McMenamin put County ahead on 38 minutes. He connected with a Gardyne cross - played from a tight angle at the right bye line - to head the ball into the net from a few yards out.

Livingston equalised two minutes after the restart with what was their first effort on target of the game. Ryan Boulding latched onto a neat pass from the right and showed good composure by slotting the ball low and hard into the bottom corner of the net, from about 18 yards out.

McMenamin put County 2-1 ahead on 69 minutes with a superbly worked goal. It resulted from some neat inter-passing on the right side of the pitch involving Brittain, Craig and Gardyne. It ended with McMenamin making a spectacular leap at the back post area to connect with a superb Brittain cross from the right. His header looped into the opposite corner of the net giving home keeper McNeil no chance.

With seven minutes left Iain Vigurs scored a third by blasting a low shot into the net from 8 yards out after connecting with a pacy McMenamin cross from the right bye line.

A deserved win. Champions in all but name. Well-done lads……

[A Full match Report will follow].

Great day out, good to meet a few of you, slateford, strilingshire and also good to see a few old faces.

As for the game, fantastic performance, mcmenamin was superb, pity falkirk couldn't get something at dens.

loved the post could not make game cos o work Sad but good to read that the boys played well . thanks

(04-07-2012, 08:49 PM)Chewbacca Wrote: As for the game, fantastic performance, mcmenamin was superb, pity falkirk couldn't get something at dens.

TBH it was totally expected that Falkirk would get beat today.

They are bottle merchants.

They have lost five of their last six league games (with the other game being a draw).

They have been totally ‘carried’ this season by two of their players including County’s former keeper - who has won a string of M.O.M. awards for them. Take Michael McGovern out of the picture and they could well have been fighting for a relegation play off place this season. They are only twelve points away from a play off place at the moment.

Stephen Pressley’s excuses have now run out and the reality has kicked in.

Is he still “excited” by his team ?

Was a total pleasure meeting folk today. Today's atmosphere was way better than the cup final.

All to do again on Wednesday night!
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

I'll leave the match reporting to the experts, but another efficient win today, nothing outstanding but it was enough. Amazing to see the change from the last few years, we've always played the attractive football but never really had the ability to consistently finish off teams and pull points out of nowhere, that we seem to have now.

Special mention needed today I think for stirlingshire_staggie with the drum, sounded great and just added to the atmosphere! Any plans to take it to more away games, or is it too much hassle?

It's never a hassle for me. I'll phone ayr united on Monday to see if I'm allowed.

Massive kudos to the livi stewards for letting us have fun.

[quote='stirlingshire_staggie' pid='5840' dateline='1333837773']
It's never a hassle for me. I'll phone ayr united on Monday to see if I'm allowed.

[/quote
must have a massive blister now ? and no more rangers songs lol

Ffs it wasn't a rangers song!!! People were getting into it aswell!

Hope to see you on Wednesday

ill be there pal if the league aint won on the tuesday and yes it is a [censored] song end off lol

Motherwell have there version of it. Plus there's nothing religious about the song I sang today. Its just having a go at inverness.

Excellent day out from, the weatherspoons packed out with County fans to the fantastic atmosphere inside Almondvale. As has been mentioned before, fair play to the stewards today for allowing most of us to have a right good laugh and allowing us to stand for the entire match. Good sensible attitude which is a breath of fresh air in this league. Well done County, another great result.

Great turnout from the County support and credit to the Livi stewards.

I thought it was a good game after the first 10 minutes. Both teams played some nice stuff but County deserved to win, bar a poor spell after the Livingston goal. On the subject of the Livingston goal, that was a cracking finish. Fraser made a couple of great saves and Livi squandered a couple of good chances.

McMenamin's second was a great header and his control and cross for Vigurs was nice.

Roll on Wednesday.

Well done to the team and staff. You had to focus on getting the win and you did that, what happened elsewhere was out of your control.
We go marching onSmile
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Good to see stewards returning the beachball ..... More than our own ones did last home game!!
AngelAngel

(04-07-2012, 11:35 PM)snowball3117 Wrote: [quote='stirlingshire_staggie' pid='5840' dateline='1333837773']

[/quote
When i spoke to stirlingshire at half time he was putting a plaster on his finger, he must have played on through the pain. Well done sir!!

(04-08-2012, 07:40 PM)StaggieNoName Wrote: Good to see stewards returning the beachball ..... More than our own ones did last home game!!

They probably saw my efforts in blowing it up (a poor job I must admit) and felt sorry for me.

(04-08-2012, 11:14 PM)dawyckstag Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 11:35 PM)snowball3117 Wrote: [quote='stirlingshire_staggie' pid='5840' dateline='1333837773']

[/quote
When i spoke to stirlingshire at half time he was putting a plaster on his finger, he must have played on through the pain. Well done sir!!

I was bursting for a pee more than anything else. I'm glad the support made noise for the full 90 even when livi scored we kept on going.

I'll let everyone know tomorrow if I can take it on Wednesday.

Who was the chap with the vuvuzela?

(04-08-2012, 11:49 PM)stirlingshire_staggie Wrote: Who was the chap with the vuvuzela?
Jailender Junior

Uploaded a wee video from yesterday of some of the pre-match stuff, including Strathy's beachball Cool

EDIT: Not sure where the sound's gone halfway through, any ideas??