Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Swamp Soccer World Cup
I know a lot of you guys like to play football in your spare time, but not sure if you were aware of the Swap Soccer World Cup is being held in Inverness this summer on the weekend of 23/24th June.

They are also looking for teams.... Unlike the real world cup it's not just one from each country, so as many as you like from Scotland can register..

Looking at the rules, it's pretty much 5-a-side rules on a muddy pitch. With the exception that free kicks and penalties are drop kicks as opposed to kicking off the ground.
Six a side, but rolling subs, and I believe as many subs as you want.
Also games are 12 minutes each way... But that's probably more than enough on a muddy pitch.

Each teams costs £180 to enter (not too bad if you've got 10 or 12 players say)

All the Info you need here - SwapSoccer.co.uk

Anyone interested ?

(03-04-2012, 09:36 PM)thejailender Wrote: I know a lot of you guys like to play football in your spare time, but not sure if you were aware of the Swap Soccer World Cup is being held in Inverness this summer on the weekend of 23/24th June.

They are also looking for teams.... Unlike the real world cup it's not just one from each country, so as many as you like from Scotland can register..

Looking at the rules, it's pretty much 5-a-side rules on a muddy pitch. With the exception that free kicks and penalties are drop kicks as opposed to kicking off the ground.
Six a side, but rolling subs, and I believe as many subs as you want.
Also games are 12 minutes each way... But that's probably more than enough on a muddy pitch.

Each teams costs £180 to enter (not too bad if you've got 10 or 12 players say)

All the Info you need here - SwapSoccer.co.uk

Anyone interested ?

I quite liked the sound of this, reckon it'd be really good banter so if there was a few guys up for it, i'd maybe be in!?

This is the first time I have heard about this, sounds great craic. Im going to try and get a team.
Highlander29