Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee United, 2nd October
Big game this, played well against Motherwell but we didn't get the second and a blunder at the back seriously costs us.

I think we can get something from this game, United have started well and we've looked decent, we're just very short of goals as White isn't overly clinical and Callachan while working hard looks he is short of confidence in front of goal.

1-1.

Spittal for us.

can county fans get tickets for this game?

(09-28-2021, 10:32 AM)willwelcome Wrote: can county fans get tickets for this game?

Aye.

No cheap, mind. There's a bus running down as well.

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...icket-info

(09-28-2021, 03:29 PM)Diotor Wrote: Aye.

No cheap, mind. There's a bus running down as well.

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...icket-info
cheers

Stuck offshore this weekend working with 2 Utd fans, gonna be fun.
They're convinced that their players are going to be well up for this and determined to win at all costs.
Apparently, after the penalty injustice last week, they're still raging and more determined than ever to stay above Celtic going into the international break and see this game as the perfect opportunity to do that.
They just laughed when I said it'll be 2-1 county, well hopefully we'll see about that
Callaghan to score first and I'd love to see hungbo burst the net with the winner.

(09-30-2021, 07:39 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Stuck offshore this weekend working with 2 Utd fans, gonna be fun.
They're convinced  that their players are going to be well up for this  and determined to win at all costs.
Apparently, after the penalty injustice last week, they're still raging and more determined than ever to stay above Celtic going into the international break and see this game as the perfect opportunity to do that.
They just laughed when I said it'll be 2-1 county, well hopefully we'll see about that
Callaghan to score first and I'd love to see hungbo burst the net with the winner.
I like and share your positivity ,3 0 County Big Grin

Either keeper for me but probably makes sense to keep Maynard-Brewer

Full back areas are problematic at this moment so how about a back three of

Right - Clarke, Centre- Baldwin, Left - Iacovitti

Wing backs. Right - Burroughs, Left - Ben Paton

Midfield. Right - Spittal, Centre - Callaghan, Left - Hungbo

Up front. White with Alex Samuel playing off him

United are no mugs this will be another hard game. But we must feel capable of a win which would really start our season rolling. I believe there are goals in our team Saturday is a good time to start scoring them. ??

We can't buy a win at the moment when the likes of the lower teams round about us can eg St Mirren and Livi.
Not sure how things are going to change to help achieve this away to a decent Dundee Utd team. However, statistically somethings got to give sometime. Lets hope its against that delightful team on Saturday.

We're certainly a better outfit than last season and our results don't necessarily reflect the quality of our play, but I don't think we're going to shoot up the table if one of the first names on the teamsheet is White. He's obviously there because he's supposedly a proven goal scorer, a good target man and strong in the air - but he's not . Surely one of the new strikers brought in should be given a start

For me I’d go with

Maynard-brewer

Baldwin
Clarke
Iacovitti
Paton

Charles cook
Spittal
Burroughs
Hungbo

Callachan

D.Samuel

Supposedly Baldwin can play right back so that’s what I’d go with and Burroughs returning to his natural position , vokins can’t be far away surely? Was a toss of a coin for me between the samuels just feel we need to mix it up a bit white is ok but nothing more than that at the moment

(10-01-2021, 12:01 PM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: We're certainly a better outfit than last season and our results don't necessarily reflect the quality of our play, but I don't think we're going to shoot up the table if one of the first names on the teamsheet is White. He's obviously there because he's supposedly a proven goal scorer, a good target man and strong in the air - but he's not . Surely one of the new strikers brought in should be given a start

There is nothing worse than a big target man who is honking in the air.

Even at Caley White was never a target man and always liked it more to his feet and chest.

slow second to everything cant string 2 passes together cant think of anything good to say so far

(10-02-2021, 03:38 PM)county AML Wrote: slow second to everything cant string 2 passes together cant think of anything good to say so far
Is it too early in the season to start panicking!

(10-02-2021, 03:54 PM)cdam Wrote: Is it too early in the season to start panicking!
not panicking yet just a statement of fact real improvement required now

(10-02-2021, 04:39 PM)county AML Wrote: not panicking yet just a statement of fact real improvement required now

Yet every week we're told how improved we have been? Very confusing. 

Malcolm is starting to look like a man under pressure.

Unfortunately there seems to have been some idiotic comment from our set of supporters towards the end of the first half towards Fuchs of Dundee United. What is this club becoming?!

(10-02-2021, 04:53 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Yet every week we're told how improved we have been? Very confusing. 

Malcolm is starting to look like a man under pressure.

Unfortunately there seems to have been some idiotic comment from our set of supporters towards the end of the first half towards Fuchs of Dundee United. What is this club becoming?!
No doubt instigated by Malky, at least you can go and enjoy your evening

A poor game and performance today.  First half as bad as the second half last week was good. Clarke and Burroughs had their worst games for the club, although Jack improved second half. Yet another GK error cost us although he made at least one save he had no right to.
Midfield was ineffective and we offered little up front, although White and D Samuel did improve that too..

International break comes at a good time in this run of games.
We need to draw a line under the early season and come fresh on the return.

Not great today, but it’s the only under-par performance of late.

Roll on the start of the season v St Mirren

(10-02-2021, 05:16 PM)RCChimp Wrote: No doubt instigated by Malky, at least you can go and enjoy your evening

Pardon? Are you suggesting I'd be happy that our fans have made a racist comment towards an opposition player? Incredible take. 

If anything it seems Mackay had a word with our "support". 

To suggest I'd enjoy our fans making racist remarks is frankly sickening.

(10-02-2021, 05:38 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Pardon? Are you suggesting I'd be happy that our fans have made a racist comment towards an opposition player? Incredible take. 

If anything it seems Mackay had a word with our "support". 

To suggest I'd enjoy our fans making racist remarks is frankly sickening.
I’m pretty sure you know that’s not what I’m suggesting. 

you seem to delight in our demise and Malky being the root cause to everything bad.  

but fair play to you for for sticking up for him tonight, credit to you for seeing he’s not all bad. 
Have a good evening.

(10-02-2021, 05:16 PM)RCChimp Wrote: No doubt instigated by Malky, at least you can go and enjoy your evening

A poor game and performance today.  First half as bad as the second half last week was good. Clarke and Burroughs had their worst games for the club, although Jack improved second half. Yet another GK error cost us although he made at least one save he had no right to.
Midfield was ineffective and we offered little up front, although White and D Samuel did improve that too..

International break comes at a good time in this run of games.
We need to draw a line under the early season and come fresh on the return.

Not great today, but it’s the only under-par performance of late.

Roll on the start of the season v St Mirren

I think I may have done us a disservice. Just watched the first half again as we travel north. Couple of errors by Burroughs that didn’t get punished and a clanger dropped by Maynard Brewer but that aside they were both solid enough. Clarke also nothing out of place. Iacovitti a couple of mistakes. But I now think the first half was a decent effort. Also Samuel would have been through early on. That was never a foul and their player slipped.