Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Season opener against St Johnstone 31/08
Here we go again then. Be great to get some points on the board early, we managed it last season and that points kept us up.
Wonder if we will get another couple of bodies in this week as we're still short in numbers.

Surely there will be some new signings , I believe the starting 11 will be similar to the weekend for me I would go

Laidlaw
                  Watson Donaldson iacovitti
        Spittal Callachan Tillson Robertson vokins
                                Shaw  white

The only two changes I’d consider are Samuel for shaw and maybe cancola if he’s ready for either Robertson or tillson , Randall could also play Rwb allowing spittal a central role , there’s options there for us but I wish Paton was back for this game and Charles cook too

(07-26-2021, 09:34 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Surely there will be some new signings , I believe the starting 11 will be similar to the weekend for me I would go

Laidlaw
                  Watson Donaldson iacovitti
        Spittal Callachan Tillson Robertson vokins
                                Shaw  white

The only two changes I’d consider are Samuel for shaw and maybe cancola if he’s ready for either Robertson or tillson , Randall could also play Rwb allowing spittal a central role , there’s options there for us but I wish Paton was back for this game and Charles cook too
Well ,we won 4 1 on Saturday, so why change it? Spittal was excellent out wide ,really gave us width and quality passes.

(, 07:25 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Well ,we won 4 1 on Saturday, so why change it? Spittal was excellent out wide ,really gave us width and quality passes.

just thinking of options more than anything as we are pretty thin on the ground

(, 07:33 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: just thinking of options more than anything as we are pretty thin on the ground
Your right, really need Shaw to push on. Samual had two decent chances on Saturday, one he should have definitely scored ,but then he was getting in the positions to get on to them. Defence is still a concern though,not much different to last season. On saying that,2 1 County win.

Tends to be tight against StJ. They don’t score many but they’re v good at the back. One-off game we have a chance. No chance of finishing above this lot in the league. 1-1 but perhaps sneak a 2-1.

Why is the confidence so high of beating last season's top half, double winning St. Johnstone side when our defence is virtually the same? We'll be lucky to grab a point unless we make some more decent transfer moves.

The weight of expectation will put pressure on st Johnstone and drag them down, they'll only finish 6th/7th this season, get stuck into them from the start and we may just get a point or 3.

St Johnstone have a settled squad who achieved great things last season. We have a squad that's been overhauled after barely surviving last season. The new players need time to settle in and the squad still needs bodies.

I think it's unreasonable to expect a victory, but what could work in our favour is that St Johnstone are yet to kick a ball competitively this season. Despite the COVID-19 situation, we've at least managed two "proper" games so might be a bit sharper.

The optimist in me says a draw, the realist says a narrow defeat.

Anyone received their ticket(s) for Saturday yet? A Saints supporting colleague has her ticket for the away end. I’m sure the admin staff will be busy enough without me pestering them. I was very surprised that we were giving opposition supporters tickets at all. Pretty sure we could have filled the reduced capacity with our own support?

Here's hoping for a win and one of the new players opening thier goal account Wink

Keith Watson officially confirmed as captain , happy enough with that as long as he’s treated the same as all other players in that if he’s off form he’s dropped regardless of being captain, fwiw he didn’t set the Heather alight last season but no one did , in our promotion season he was outstanding and close to player of the season for me

So back to topic let’s hope his first competitive game as captain can be doing over his old team st Johnstone

()Deke Slayton Wrote: Anyone received their ticket(s) for Saturday yet?  A Saints supporting colleague has her ticket for the away end. I’m sure the admin staff will be busy enough without me pestering them. I was very surprised that we were giving opposition supporters tickets at all.  Pretty sure we could have filled the reduced capacity with our own support?
I got mine yesterday, as did my mates.

Thought we would have announced a couple of more signings this week. Still time though!
Born a Highlander always a Highlander.