Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lifted Over The Turnstiles 2
Mogo ,does Tucker still hold the record for the fastest hat trick ,or has that record gone ?

(05-01-2021, 05:46 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Mogo ,does Tucker still hold the record for the fastest hat trick ,or has that record gone ?

Tattie

You threw a spanner in the works there!
Different person.
You are thinking on Tommy Ross.
Tommy was from Tain, brilliant player and a gentleman.
Actually had the privilege of playing against him, he was one of the great players who tried to encourage and help everyone around him.

Any information anywhere on this 'Queens of the North'? I'm intrigued!

(05-01-2021, 09:13 PM)NVACA Wrote: Any information anywhere on this 'Queens of the North'? I'm intrigued!

More interesting information OR Not! Choice is yours!

Queens of The North were based in Dingwall.
One has to remember that football was about the only game in town around the middle of the last century.
Apart from going to the Picture House in Dingwall, Invergordon or Tain, there was not much else, no Ipads or fancy electronic games to keep folks occupied.
Invergordon had an open air swimming pool, for the brave hardy souls! Then we got soft and built indoor swimming pools in Dingwall and Tain.
There was Women’s football teams back then.
I could stand corrected, but if memory serves me in the 60s 70s there were 4 divisions of Welfare football teams, the Amateurs had 2 divisions.
There was also the Second Eleven League, which is now the North Caledonian today.

(05-01-2021, 06:09 PM)MOGO Wrote: Tattie

You threw a spanner in the works there!
Different person.
You are thinking on Tommy Ross.
Tommy was from Tain, brilliant player and a gentleman.
Actually had the privilege of playing against him, he was one of the great players who tried to encourage and help everyone around him.
Duh,of course.