Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee United at home
(02-06-2021, 06:36 PM)MOGO Wrote: Hard to disagree with the comments above.
Just about sums up today’s overall performance.
Yes, we need shooting practice.
We are back to the old ways, one touch too many, back to the keeper, getting caught cheaply in possession, in particular midfield.
All our crosses into the box were easily met by the defence,  some straight to the keeper.
Thought Tremarco put  a good shift in, good solid tackles.
Against Motherwell I was not confident, which proved my fears.Today ,against DU I felt confident, hugely disappointed with our performance,after losing first goal we were done,and the substitutions made no effect on the game.
I remember being in a taxi in Dundee going to Dens Park,we were on a bad run.
The taxi driver said to me, if you are on a bad run and need 3 points ,play Dundee.
That seems to be the case with County now. Motherwell, and DU today.
Im in a glass half empty zone when it comes to County and us staying up.

(02-06-2021, 11:29 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: Yogi can only do so much with the $h*te he has to use tbh.
That is not an acceptable excuse,and also we do have decent players but I do not believe we are fit enough

(02-06-2021, 11:47 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Who in their right mind let’s Kelly take corners?
In the lead up to their goal it was a shocker,but I thought Paton could have fed it back out,and why did Tremarco jump up and allow an easy pass into the box.Stand your ground mun,stop the cross!

(02-07-2021, 01:39 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Against Motherwell I was not confident, which proved my fears.Today ,against DU I felt confident, hugely disappointed with our performance,after losing first goal we were done,and the substitutions made no effect on the game.
I remember being in a taxi in Dundee going to Dens Park,we were on a bad run.
The taxi driver said to me, if you are on a bad run and need 3 points ,play Dundee.
That seems to be the case with County now. Motherwell, and DU today.
Im in a glass half empty zone when it comes to County and us staying up.

That is not an acceptable excuse,and also we do have decent players but I do not believe we are fit enough

In the lead up to their goal it was a shocker,but I thought Paton could have fed it back out,and why did Tremarco jump up and allow an easy pass into the box.Stand your ground mun,stop the cross!

Late post Tattie!
Don't tell me you sat up to watch Sportscene?
Afraid to say, I could not be bothered watching it again.
Dundee Utd are a poor side, there for the taking.
Which leaves us with the question/s, how poor or good are we?
It’s a frustrating watch!
Some good play, then some moments of madness, slackness, and basic fundamental errors.
It would appear from  the comments posted, general consensus, we need to step up our game, be a bit more switched on, practice corners, change the player taking corners, free kicks.
Whatever folk say about Vigurs, at least he can cross a ball, ping it all over the park.
We can excuse errors, nobody is perfect, but the long and short is, some of the current squad are on doze mode.
Look on the bright side, we have Hibs and Celtic at home coming up.
Tongue

Played okay in bursts without ever truly having United on the ropes.

Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. It's been the story of the season. Bad decisions. bad marking, bad pass selection, unwillingness to shoot, not matching runners...it's been the same thing week to week 95% of the time.

(02-06-2021, 11:47 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Who in their right mind let’s Kelly take corners?
i said it at half time
Kelly should have been replaced he was having a horror day  missed passes pushed of the ball every time as you say corners not getting passed the first man  he is too light weight for an aggressive DDU but that was a Management decision Hughs 100% to blame Dont agree with the comments by some on here that our team are s!!!! we have some really good players if we spent half as much time putting the ball forward as we do passing it back to Laidlaw we would not be in the position we are now we have the pace up front to get behind defences we just need the midfield to grow some and start attacking forget stats that say we had 70% of the ball every team could have that if they sit in there own half passing backwards and sideways that sort of play does not win games if it did we would be top of the league

We have a large squad of very mediocre players. Paton is the only one for me who is performing at the required level, the rest are bang average.

(02-07-2021, 03:35 PM)county AML Wrote: Dont agree with the comments by some on here that our team are s!!!! we have some really good players if we spent half as much time putting the ball forward as we do passing it back to Laidlaw we would not be in the position we are now we have the pace up front to get behind defences we just need the midfield to grow some and start attacking forget stats that say we had 70% of the ball every team could have that if they sit in there own half passing backwards and sideways that sort of play does not win games if it did we would be top of the league

A fair point but, that's exactly what Hearts fans kept saying about their team last season.