Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Winter 2021 transfer window
(01-13-2021, 01:37 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Mohamed Maouche  has returned to France . Unsure if this is permanent or not.
Nothing on the club website to say either way.

(01-14-2021, 03:22 PM)SGB Wrote: Nothing on the club website to say either way.
In paper today(P+J), that it is a leave of absence to go back to France as his mother is ill.
(If you want the latest news about County, don’t go to the website)!

Sam Stanton has been offered a contract ,and if he signs will go straight in to the squad for the Aberdeen game tomorrow (P+J)

(01-15-2021, 09:40 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Sam Stanton has been offered a contract ,and if he signs will go straight in to the squad for the Aberdeen  game tomorrow (P+J)

Where was he lately?
Hopefully Big John knows what he is doing, time will tell.
Does not look like Stewart is going to Aberdeen, again time will tell.
Strange one, but Aberdeen Manager stated the other day, they would be no more signings, looks like Rangers move for wright has changed that.
If Ross Stewart stays, just hope he can get back to scoring form, used properly, he can score goals.
Wishing for home win tomorrow.

(01-15-2021, 01:49 PM)MOGO Wrote: Where was he lately?
Strange one, but Aberdeen Manager stated the other day, they would be no more signings, looks like Rangers move for wright has changed that.
If Ross Stewart stays, just hope he can get back to scoring form, used properly, he can score goals.
He was at Phoenix Rising in the USA.
Rangers are offering Greg Stewart as part of the deal for Wright ,so the Ross Stewart link to Aberdeen may have cooled. Roy has told Yogi he does not have to sell Stewart, but money talks at the end of the day.

[url=https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/2812657/ross-county-manager-john-hughes-hoping-to-rekindle-best-form-of-aberdeen-target-ross-stewart/][/url]

Another bang average central midfielder.

(01-15-2021, 01:49 PM)MOGO Wrote: Where was he lately?

He was on trial at Dundee and they thought he offered them little.

(01-15-2021, 03:00 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Another bang average central midfielder.
Reality is that is the budget we are working in

(01-15-2021, 03:09 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Reality is that is the budget we are working in

Spud on Tattie.
The new Manager has obviously been given some money, so what does he do, buy several “average” players, or one good player?
Guess it’s a case of balancing to the best of his budget.
If there are good players out there without a club, tell them to contact Ross County football club.
Stanton was at Phoenix Rising , as for Dundee fans opinion, I would take that with a pinch of salt, some of them probably still have the hump factor, as he played for Dundee Utd.
Going off the subject, I was rather saddened to hear John Robertson on the news last night talking about his personal problems over the last few months.
Sooner we are out of this covid mess the better for us all.
Keep the head up John Robertson, but take the team down a league or two.
Tongue

I'm hoping either he really doesn't rate the midfield players we have in just now, and is going to punt a couple, or Stanton is going to be used as a CB.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

(01-15-2021, 05:24 PM)central staggie Wrote: I'm hoping either he really doesn't rate the midfield players we have in just now, and is going to punt a couple, or Stanton is going to be used as a CB.

could see draper being used as a cb

(01-15-2021, 05:24 PM)central staggie Wrote: I'm hoping either he really doesn't rate the midfield players we have in just now, and is going to punt a couple, or Stanton is going to be used as a CB.
Moving some players out seem to be the logic of his moves so far. He knows and says he trusts the ex ICT players. Not a good time to be a young midfielder here.

(01-12-2021, 07:54 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: “You've got very low standards/expectations for a top flight keeper if you think Laidlaw has been "decent enough". He's simply not good enough for this level
A lot of his issues this season perhaps aren't obvious to the untrained eye the way some of his howlers last season were, but he's absolutely cost us goals and points this season. “
Laidlaw had a great game against Aberdeen today,  two great saves, could do nothing about the goal.
Some  of the criticism has been unfair, and over the top.
He will do for me with performances like that.

(01-16-2021, 06:31 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Laidlaw had a great game against Aberdeen today,  two great saves, could do nothing about the goal.
Some  of the criticism has been unfair, and over the top.
He will do for me with performances like that.

Good points Tattie.
Laidlaw had a good game, no doubt kept us in the game, couple of crucial stops.
He has to maintain that level every single match.
Cant put my finger on ( no pun intended) this punching the ball, it looks easy enough to catch some of them.
Also, if he is being coached to punch rather than catch, make sure you punch it as hard as you can to clear it well away.

(01-17-2021, 01:46 PM)MOGO Wrote: Good points Tattie.
Laidlaw had a good game, no doubt kept us in the game, couple of crucial stops.
He has to maintain that level every single match.
Cant put my finger on ( no pun intended) this punching the ball, it looks easy enough to catch some of them.
Also, if he is being coached to punch rather than catch, make sure you punch it as hard as you can to clear it well away.
Can't understand why keepers are so keen to punch.
Sure sometimes you are not going to be able to get two hands securely on the ball so punching and punching hard is a sensible option. Sometimes you think you can start a counter with a good punch.
But sometimes you need to catch and hold just to take a bit of strain off the defenders. I wonder if anyone has ever done an analysis of the number of times punching produces a positive v negative affect?

Hoping that Saturdays result and performance might make Dingwall a more positive option for any targets.

GK, defender and striker according to JH in the P&J.

The fascination with CM's thankfully appears to be on the wain after Stanton turned us down. One signing imminent apparently.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

County have taken young defender Leo Hjelde on loan from Celtic until the end of the season
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55763303

17 year old Leo hjelde signs on loan from Celtic , main position left back but can play centre back too , seems like a sensible signing

Has Blair spittal returned from his loan spell? Any others out on loan that I've forgotten about?

I don't think we'll see Spittal back at County.

Interesting signing another center half.