Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Ross County's next manager
(05-26-2021, 09:52 PM)MOGO Wrote: Eh Hello.
We get your point, you don’t want Mackay.
Oddly enough, I am failing to read the sentence where I said that I wanted him as County Manager.
Please calm yourself down, sit back and read very carefully what I posted.
And please stop making up accusations about things you think I posted.

Again, can you show me his apology? Still waiting on this one.

What has been pleasing and probably shows the difference of demographics between the likes of OTB and other social media is the amount of younger fans who are going to boycott whilst Mackay is in charge.

The likes of Twitter, FB, LinkedIn and then forums such as P&B are awash with messages of fans saying they'll chuck it and spend money at clubs where they feel welcomed. 

No matter if you're for (I can't see how) or against the decision, today's news has gone down terribly and rightly so.

(05-26-2021, 09:39 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: In relation to Tattiedave and others mentioning his Scotland tenure, whilst it being yet another case of whataboutery, from memory the one fixture he took charge of was at a less than full Pittodrie. 
Correct ,we played Holland at Pittodrie, got beaten 1 nil. My point is,where was everyone’s angst at this appointment, albeit an interim one? The attendance was poor as it was a friendly,and Scotland were on a very poor run.
County do not have a full house at every game, so in your view,will that make it ok for MacKay to be in charge if that is your take on it?Mixed message there?

(05-26-2021, 10:07 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Again, can you show me his apology? Still waiting on this one.

What has been pleasing and probably shows the difference of demographics between the likes of OTB and other social media is the amount of younger fans who are going to boycott whilst Mackay is in charge.

The likes of Twitter, FB, LinkedIn and then forums such as P&B are awash with messages of fans saying they'll chuck it and spend money at clubs where they feel welcomed. 

No matter if you're for (I can't see how) or against the decision, today's news has gone down terribly and rightly so.

BBC website 21 August 2014
Malky Mackay apologises for being involved in inappropriate texting, which he admitted were disrespectful to other cultures.
It is there in plain English, unless the BBC made it up.
Now please, I would appreciate if you would stop making false accusations and inventing things that you claim I posted on this thread.

(05-26-2021, 10:21 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Correct ,we played Holland at Pittodrie, got beaten 1 nil. My point is,where was everyone’s angst at this appointment, albeit an interim one? The attendance was poor as it was a friendly,and Scotland were on a very poor run.
County do not have a full house at every game, so in your view,will that make it ok for MacKay to be in charge if that is your take on it?Mixed message there?
ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Wrote:In relation to Tattiedave and others mentioning his Scotland tenure, whilst it being yet another case of whataboutery, from memory the one fixture he took charge of was at a less than full Pittodrie. 

The crowd was 17,883 which was very good under the circumstances, certainly not less than half full, Scotland’s crowds at Hampden recently are nothing brilliant, SFA giving away tickets for some games.
Furthermore, the argument about whataboutery, it is irrelevant whether it was one game in charge, fact remains he was in charge and not word was said about it.

Why are people still saying this is Mackay's second chance?

After the texts broke, he had the Wigan job which he failed at miserably. That was his second chance.

Then he walked into a cushy SFA director job.

Then he managed the national side as an interim manager.

Then he returned to his cushy SFA director role.

Now he's at County. A second chance implies that you were castigated and have had to work your way up. Mackay has been raking in the money since he left Cardiff (and left them in a financial mess through bad transfer policy). It's not exactly having to manage around the junior/amateur leagues before getting a part time shot at Livingston as a ground maintenance man/basic trainer.

The Malky said "hold on for the ride ahead", he wasn't kidding, it's going to be an interesting few months ahead.

Not much to add here, however would point out that the question marks surrounding Mackay's conduct at Cardiff go way beyond the infamous text messages. And the less said about MacGregor's article in the P&J this evening the better
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(05-27-2021, 09:21 AM)Diotor Wrote: Why are people still saying this is Mackay's second chance?

After the texts broke, he had the Wigan job which he failed at miserably. That was his second chance.

Then he walked into a cushy SFA director job.

Then he managed the national side as an interim manager.

Then he returned to his cushy SFA director role.

Now he's at County. A second chance implies that you were castigated and have had to work your way up. Mackay has been raking in the money since he left Cardiff (and left them in a financial mess through bad transfer policy). It's not exactly having to manage around the junior/amateur leagues before getting a part time shot at Livingston as a ground maintenance man/basic trainer.
I’m guessing you are happy with the appointment Big Grin

(05-28-2021, 10:48 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Not much to add here, however would point out that the question marks surrounding Mackay's conduct at Cardiff go way beyond the infamous text messages. And the less said about MacGregor's article in the P&J this evening the
His “ conduct” got them in to the holy grail of the Premiership. If you class conduct as good management, which this equates to, I’m in to that and going to ,hopefully enjoy the ride

(05-28-2021, 11:34 PM)tattiedave Wrote:

His “ conduct” got them in to the holy grail of the Premiership. If you class conduct as good management, which this equates to, I’m in to that and going to ,hopefully enjoy the ride

This is a dreadfully ill-informed, myopic take. Would strongly recommend you do a bit more research into his time at Cardiff (the relationships with certain agents, the leaked team sheets etc) but I'll give you the gist of it from a purely footballing angle:
That 2012/13 Cardiff team basically bought the Championship (getting Craig Bellamy back on truly obscene wages, for one), playing a particularly grim style of football along the way. And his Wigan tenure (now what was the name of that other ex-County manager who also had a particularly disastrous spell there?) speaks for itself
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

The only reason I can think of why the decision has been made to appoint MM as manager is his past relationship with Don Cowie. Don will be his number 2 and MM is here to "groom" him into our future manager.
If that's not why, I'm really struggling to see the reasoning!

jamiepscot Wrote:The only reason I can think of why the decision has been made to appoint MM as manager is his past relationship with Don Cowie. Don will be his number 2 and MM is here to "groom" him into our future manager.
If that's not why, I'm really struggling to see the reasoning!

That's exactly what I was thinking the long term plan might be, a year or 2 with cowie as assistant before taking over with the Malky moving upstairs in a director of football role.
Not too sure about the use of the word "groom" though

(05-29-2021, 01:45 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote:  
That's exactly what I was thinking the long term plan might be, a year or 2 with cowie as assistant before taking over with the Malky moving upstairs in a director of football role.
Not too sure about the use of the word "groom" though
Neither was I, hence the "  ".  ;-)

I’ve only just caught up with the Chairman’s statement in the P &J and I really can’t believe what I read. If the quotes are accurate he’s managed to make matters worse. It’s petulant and arrogant- and if he thinks that MM was “exonerated” he has no understanding of the meaning of the word. This was an opportunity missed, all he needed to do was to reach out to the fans by acknowledging the issues and treating us like adults. Yes, we’ve all said and done stupid things but to imply that we might all have sent anti Semitic, racist and homophobic texts is utterly pathetic.