Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Ross County's next manager
Who really cares where Yogi goes.......
I think Roy saw it as I do. Thanks for keeping us up but he's not the right man going forward for Ross County.
A good decision by Roy IMO.

(05-24-2021, 07:56 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Who really cares where Yogi goes.......
I think Roy saw it as I do. Thanks for keeping us up but he's not the right man going forward for Ross County.
A good decision by Roy IMO.

Now! now!
Come on Jamie, admit it, you were warming to Yogi.
Seriously, who do you fancy?
Some names being thrown about.
Adams!
Fadams.
Barry Ferguson.
Barry Manilow.

It will be Tommy Wright

(05-24-2021, 08:15 PM)MOGO Wrote: Now! now!
Come on Jamie, admit it, you were warming to Yogi.
Seriously, who do you fancy?
Some names being thrown about.
Adams!
Fadams.
Barry Ferguson.
Barry Manilow.
Available and out of work......

Stuart McColl
Derek McInnes
Steven Pressley
Paul Lambert
Paul Dickov
Gary Caldwell

It depends on how enthusiastic/hungry they are, and obviously they'd have to live here full time.

I'd still have Tommy Wright in a heartbeat, even though he looks to be taking Killie down. It was rotten before he got there and he has improved them despite the end result.

Could be a Gary Caldwell with Don as his number 2.
Caldwell was a player at Wigan with Don and then became his manager.

(05-24-2021, 09:03 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Available and out of work......

Stuart McColl
Derek McInnes
Steven Pressley
Paul Lambert
Paul Dickov
Gary Caldwell

It depends on how enthusiastic/hungry they are, and obviously they'd have to live here full time.

I'd still have Tommy Wright in a heartbeat, even though he looks to be taking Killie down. It was rotten before he got there and he has improved them despite the end result.

Could be a Gary Caldwell with Don as his number 2.
Caldwell was a player at Wigan with Don and then became his manager.

Caldwell, Hmm! Don’t think he set the heather on fire at Partick.
Not sure about the others on your list.
Tommy Wright, maybe, not sure I fancy any of the Kilmarnock players coming with him.
BBC pundits got their way, Big club Dundee back in the big league, how will Tannadice & Dens cope?
Funny how events turn out, Dundee fans were screaming for McPake’s head early in the season.

Bit like our support with Kettlewell I guess.
Doesn't sound like Tommy Wright is going anywhere after hearing his post match interview. Same can't be said for the players, aside from Lafferty, I wouldn't want them up here either.

I would ask Alex Neil if he fancies it. Preston just sacked him but he's a good coach, knows Scottish football obviously and needs to rebuild his reputation.

(05-25-2021, 10:31 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Bit like our support with Kettlewell I guess.
Doesn't sound like Tommy Wright is going anywhere after hearing his post match interview. Same can't be said for the players, aside from Lafferty, I wouldn't want them up here either.

I would ask Alex Neil if he fancies it. Preston just sacked him but he's a good coach, knows Scottish football obviously and needs to rebuild his reputation.

I would take Tommy Wright’s comments last night with a pinch of salt.
John Hughes was talking the same way, there was hints of next season etc. thrown in.
However it would appear as if is looking for a “bigger job”, he was the same when at Caley, had his mind set on another job which did not materialise.
Fact is , in the present Scottish climate, Ross County Manager position is one of the top 10/12 jobs in Scottish football.
Alex Neil, yes please!

Please don't go for the likes of Caldwell, pressley citing their experience at "big" clubs in England, that's just going back down the Owen Coyle route..
As much as I like don cowie, he'd probably be too loyal to certain players .
Need a clean break with someone from outwith the club who would be prepared to move locally and be here full time,, not a part time commuter.
There'll be plenty of folk wanting the job, it would be their suitability and commitment that concerns me.

Could quite easily see it being Cowie.

Looks like Malky Mackay who interestingly enough managed cowie at Watford , Cardiff and Wigan......

(05-25-2021, 01:35 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Looks like Malky Mackay who interestingly enough managed cowie at Watford , Cardiff and Wigan......
Please lord no surely we could get someone better who at least aligns with the values of the club

(05-25-2021, 01:35 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Looks like Malky Mackay who interestingly enough managed cowie at Watford , Cardiff and Wigan......

A few bookies have stopped taking bets, but it doesn't take a lot of cash to do that. 

Hopefully not, Malky MacKay is a horrible bloke. If he did get the job, I would not be surprised to see numerous fans chuck it, and I certainly wouldn't blame then.

(05-25-2021, 10:31 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Bit like our support with Kettlewell I guess.

That's a good shout id be delighted with Alex Neil

I hope to god it isn't.

After the chairman came out with his "community club" statement we're honestly linked with Mackay? Really?

Will be absolutely gutted if Malky Mackay is our next manager and won't be renewing my season ticket, would be an absolute waste of an opportunity.

A real dark day for the club. Pushing things like the Staggie Army, then employing this racist, homophobic, sexist [censored]. Outwith that, when did he last manage a club?

A message to our SLO, surely you have to do something and let the club know how the majority of the fans feel about this. Don't sit on the fence, do something to stop this.

(05-26-2021, 06:52 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: A real dark day for the club. Pushing things like the Staggie Army, then employing this racist, homophobic, sexist [censored]. Outwith that, when did he last manage a club?

A message to our SLO, surely you have to do something and let the club know how the majority of the fans feel about this. Don't sit on the fence, do something to stop this.
His last club management job was at Wigan in 2015

(05-26-2021, 07:53 AM)weeyin86 Wrote: His last club management job was at Wigan in 2015
 Outdated in every sense of the word.

The sanctimony is rife today. The guy made mistakes, he's served his time, is deemed fit and proper by the SFA. If David Martindale can manage after drug dealing and money laundering.....?

Am I the only who WILL be renewing my season ticket if he's appointed?

(05-26-2021, 08:11 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: The sanctimony is rife today.  The guy made mistakes, he's served his time, is deemed fit and proper by the SFA.  If David Martindale can manage after drug dealing and money laundering.....?

Am I the only who WILL be renewing my season ticket if he's appointed?

Deemed fit and proper by the SFA is hardly a glowing recommendation.

It's good to see so many County supporters say they'll be chucking both season ticket and Staggie Army membership if the appointment goes through.

Also telling that a few sponsorshios have made noises they'll be looking to withdraw any backing to the club as well.