Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
Ross County's next manager
Disaster..... Yogi Hughes will get us relegated......gutted!!

I was feeling quietly optimistic about the rest of the season yesterday. I am not now. Such an uninspiring appointment. I hope to be proved wrong, but there is no evidence Hughes has the skillset required to keep us up. At ICT he took months to instil his philosophy (we don't have that kind of time) and his recruitment was terrible (we need better players). At Raith he was hired when they were 8th in the Championship to save them from relegation (he did not). He hasn't had a job in management for 3.5 years despite being touted for every one going by his friends on Sportsound. It seems like such a lazy appointment. Absolutely scunnered by it, tbh.

(12-21-2020, 01:18 PM)Forfinn Wrote: It seems like such a lazy appointment. Absolutely scunnered by it, tbh.

Seems to be the new Ross County way.

(12-21-2020, 01:02 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Disaster..... Yogi Hughes will get us relegated......gutted!!
I am going to reserve judgement because I thought Coyle was a good appointment at the time!
Rumours have been around for a while that he was on standby.

(12-21-2020, 01:46 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I am going to reserve judgement because I thought Coyle was a good appointment at the time!
Rumours have been around for a while that he was on standby.
not impressed but having said that he did make the Tinks very hard to beat we will become stronger on and off the ball or dirtier depending on your point of view dont expect anything from the next 3 games but St Johnston on the 2nd is a  MUST WIN

(12-19-2020, 06:01 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Okay it's just after the 0-2 defeat at home to Hamilton. Stuart Kettlewell (nice guy and whatever) must surely be removed from his role as manager. 

I don't feel i have to justify this too much as the team have been so bad for so long. 

Who do we get in that can get us out if this Kettlewell shaped hole? Please not Ferguson, i think he'll serve the club best if he continues in his current position.

Frank! I just took the first post on this one, amazing some of the following comments.
Jamie! Good judgement!
Perhaps the clue is in Franks question?
Who do we get in that can get us out if this Kettlewell shaped hole?
Whatever has gone wrong, does not stem from last night or last week, the rot has been there for sometime.
Stated above, “ I don't feel i have to justify this too much as the team have been so bad for so long“

Can't see yogi being offered the job beyond the end of the season if he takes us down which is now looking increasingly likely.
With derek Mcinnes saying he's looking for another club I wonder if Roy will be getting in touch.

(04-23-2021, 01:57 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Can't see yogi being offered the job beyond the end of the season if he takes us down which is now looking increasingly likely.
With derek Mcinnes saying he's looking for another club I wonder if Roy will be getting in touch.

Is he a personal friend? If not then rule him out. 

I would imagine Hughes will stay on.

(04-23-2021, 02:55 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Is he a personal friend? If not then rule him out. 

I would imagine Hughes will stay on.
Or Adams will be back?

(04-23-2021, 08:49 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Or Adams will be back?

Confused
Tattie, regardless, and if Hughes stays?
Ross County have to get this next manager appointment right.
I am personally sick fed up of the constant chopping and changing, failed promises from Managers.
I will admit, at the initial O.... C.... meeting, I was taken in with all the promises, he failed to deliver.
Surely there is someone out there that can deliver decent attacking, attractive, football?
It’s not rocket science, just some coordination and teamwork.

(04-23-2021, 01:57 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Can't see yogi being offered the job beyond the end of the season if he takes us down which is now looking increasingly likely.

I dont think anyone could have saved this season in all honesty.

The defense is so inexperienced and he can only work with what he has.

A good 3/4 of the team needs to go.

(04-26-2021, 10:26 AM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: I dont think anyone could have saved this season in all honesty.

On first reading I read that as 3 or 4 and thought you were being very generous , your absolutely correct three quarters need to go and I bet we will struggle to hold on to the ones we want to keep like Shaw and Naismith

(04-26-2021, 10:26 AM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: I dont think anyone could have saved this season in all honesty.

I don’t think the defence is that inexperienced,Morris,Watson,Naismith,Tremarco,Randall, just not very good.

(04-26-2021, 07:21 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I don’t think the defence is that inexperienced,Morris,Watson,Naismith,Tremarco,Randall, just not very good.
why does everyone seem to blame the back 4 what every one forgets is there are 10 outfield players on the park who are all defenders to get to our keeper the opposition have to get past the forwards then the midfield that is approx 50% of the team if they are not prepared to track back when required then the back line gets out numbered which is exactly what has happened all season i have watched every game home and away this season and would suggest the majority of slack play missed or negative passes etc has come from midfield 
there are 1 or 2 midfielders who when they screw up seem to think ok its past me its now the defenders problem and simply saunter back as if on a Sunday Stroll
nobody is blameless but to see B Mackay defending behind some of our midfield says it all 
i personally would like to see spittal patton etc given a chance they have more pace are more aggressive going forward and have a point to prove cant be worse than drivel we have seen so far

(04-26-2021, 10:07 PM)county AML Wrote: why does everyone seem to blame the back 4 what every one forgets is there are 10 outfield players on the park who are all defenders to get to our keeper the opposition have to get past the forwards then the midfield that is approx 50% of the team if they are not prepared to track back when required then the back line gets out numbered which is exactly what has happened all season i have watched every game home and away this season and would suggest the majority of slack play missed or negative passes etc has come from midfield 
there are 1 or 2 midfielders who when they screw up seem to think ok its past me its now the defenders problem and simply saunter back as if on a Sunday Stroll
nobody is blameless but to see B Mackay defending behind some of our midfield says it all 
i personally would like to see spittal patton etc given a chance they have more pace are more aggressive going forward and have a point to prove cant be worse than drivel we have seen so far
Set pieces?
 Agree about Spittal and Paton though.

That's yogi away, who next for Ross county?
They've tried promoting from within before and it didn't work, will they try it again with don cowie or Richard Brittain ?

This is a huge appointment. County need to rediscover a style, as we've played horrible football more often than not since before McIntyre left. We haven't even really played pragmatic direct football, it's been rubbish. We need a rebuild from top to botton. Not just players, the scouting system needs sorted, our physios as well, as players just seem to disappear for months once they get injured. We've been papering over the cracks and it almost didn't hold last season (and we were in big trouble last season before the league was called).

Best wishes and sincere thanks to Yogi as he moves on. Hopefully the right post is out there for him, decent guy that he is.

Actually I believe it is absolutely the right time for a new manager to shake everything up. It may have been hard for Yogi to do that as he has had to get close to the squad to try and get the best squeezed out of them.

It will be much easier for a new broom to sweep clean. On the understanding of course that he has good contacts. There are some really good players in the squad but we need some important strengthening right down the spine of the team.

Interesting and exciting!

Derek McInnes for me. He went to Aberdeen when they were struggling and turned them into a good side competing at the top of the league. I understand the budget he'd get at County would be a fraction of what he had at his disposal at Aberdeen. Point being, he's got good contacts and can build a new team, exactly what County need at the moment.

(05-24-2021, 06:38 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Derek McInnes for me. He went to Aberdeen when they were struggling and turned them into a good side competing at the top of the league. I understand the budget he'd get at County would be a fraction of what he had at his disposal at Aberdeen. Point being, he's got good contacts and can build a new team, exactly what County need at the moment.

NO THANKS!

All the best Yogi, I hope you pick up a job in football.
You did the job and kept the club up.
Just guessing, perhaps in discussions, he was trying to put a clause in, that he must be free to speak to other clubs.
He had some issue at Caley, was it the Dundee Utd job? when it came up, Caley refused permission.
Of course, Caley are looking for a manager, could he end up there?

What a surprise!
Mellon has just left Dundee Utd.
Just saying!