Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Pre-season
Do you think a Friendly with ICT was considered?
Maybe too much distracting significance.

Anyway, here's what County's own website has promptly reported:
Stuart Kettlewell & Steven Ferguson deployed the troops to matches at Forres & Nairn this afternoon with two impressive victories coming from both matches.

At Mosset Park, Forres, the Staggies took part in a testimonial match for long serving Ross MacPherson. In what was a superb atmosphere the Staggies ran rampant with an 11-0 victory over their Highland League counterparts. Keith Watson opened the scoring before Declan McManus grabbed 4 and Brian Graham knocked in 3. Paton, Murray and Armstrong rounded off the scoring on a very impressive Staggies performance.

Only a few miles further West, another Staggies XI managed a 3-0 victory over Ronnie Sharp’s Nairn County. Returning from injury, Billy McKay scored in between strikes from Ross Stewart and Joel MacBeath.

The Players and Management would like to thank both teams, their committees and supporters for a very warm welcome this afternoon and for providing great, competitive matches for both the home and away fans. The club also thanks Ross MacPherson for selecting us as opponents in such an important match for him. All the very best in your testimonial season from all at Ross County Football Club.

Finally a big thank you to all the Staggies fans that travelled to both Nairn and Forres to cheer us on today. Our club is built on your support.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Heard there was a big match at Victoria Park today. Not sure of the final score.

(06-29-2019, 05:36 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Beat Forres 11-0, McManus 4 and Graham 3, beat Nairn 3-0, Mackay and stewart scoring, can't remember other scorers.

Don't think Mullin and Keillor-Dunn were in either squad.

Josh mullin was sitting in the stand at Forres along with Lewis Spence who's just undergone a shoulder operation , says he will be out for a couple of months

Spoke to Fergie before the Forres match and he says still looking to bring another one or two in in the next couple of weeks. Didn't say what positions they are looking at tho.

(06-30-2019, 12:08 PM)lewie Wrote: Josh mullin was sitting in the stand at Forres along with Lewis Spence who's just undergone a shoulder operation , says he will be out for a couple of months

Spoke to Fergie before the Forres match and he says still looking to bring another one or two in in the next couple of weeks. Didn't say what positions they are looking at tho.

Spence, KVDW and DKD didn’t appear to travel to the Netherlands, judging by the photos on social media. Not spotting any trialists but better internet sleuths than I may beg to differ.

(07-02-2019, 06:04 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Spence, KVDW and DKD didn’t appear to travel to the Netherlands, judging by the photos on social media. Not spotting any trialists but better internet sleuths than I may beg to differ.

There's a few people now told me DKD wants away (totally unconfirmed) but it's disappointing if true.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Update from training camp (P&J):

Armstrong - returned home for treatment on a broken jaw received in a training collision. Ketts saying he could be out for 4-6 weeks.

Draper - didn't travel, ankle injury. Hopefully ready to start training next week.

Cowie - didn't travel, has had knee op.

VDW - didn't travel, hamstring injury has flared up again.

I'm heading out today, hope to see some staggies for a beer or 10.

Does anyone know what the kick_off time on Friday is?
Live score has it as 6pm . But is that BST or local time here?

Only vaguely connected to pre-season but impressed that the club have twigged onto using social media videos to promote the upcoming season. Both promoting season tickets and some of their footage from the Netherlands camp.

Less impressed with the mid-90s video effects but it's still a step forward!

I'd advise whoever is doing it for the club to get in touch with the Motherwell social media team who do a fantastic job with their online promo stuff.

(07-04-2019, 08:20 AM)gujeecof Wrote: Does anyone know what the kick_off time on Friday is?
Live score has it as 6pm . But is that BST or local time here?

I've had a look but all times are just saying 1800. Best fire an email to the Club to find out for certain,

Is there an arranged meeting place in Assen for those Staggies who have travelled ?

Lost 2 nil, to Gronigen, hopefully one of the guys who were there can give us a report

(07-05-2019, 07:52 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Lost 2 nil, to Gronigen, hopefully one of the guys who were there can give us a report

From what I've seen on Twitter Gronigen looked a very smart outfit. Brian Graham missed a penalty late on. Finished 8th in the Dutch top flight last season, no shame in that result at all.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(07-05-2019, 09:29 PM)Despot Wrote: From what I've seen on Twitter Gronigen looked a very smart outfit. Brian Graham missed a penalty late on. Finished 8th in the Dutch top flight last season, no shame in that result at all.

Cheers,saw report in pape as well,,Fergie was happy with a "tough scrap" against a team with full and under 21 internationals.
Red tape stopped Powers making his first start for County

Won our second friendly 3-1.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(07-04-2019, 07:47 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Update from training camp (P&J):

Armstrong - returned home for treatment on a broken jaw received in a training collision. Ketts saying he could be out for 4-6 weeks.

Draper - didn't travel, ankle injury. Hopefully ready to start training next week.

Cowie - didn't travel, has had knee op.

VDW - didn't travel, hamstring injury has flared up again.

I'm heading out today, hope to see some staggies for a beer or 10.

Oh dear, I do hope you’re joking mr Taylor. Alcoholism is a terrible thing. Have a shandy for me boy.

Only 15 days to our first competive game in the league cup.
Anyone know if there are any pre-season friendliest lined up before then?

I see 2 of our league cup group rivals are playing friendlies today.
With no news of any pre-season games lined up and only 1 confirmed signing, I'm beginning to wonder if we'll be ready for the new season, it's only 14 days away.

Elgin away on Saturday can be watched via Elgin tv , fans are allowed to attend the game but only home fans…

Bring along a black and white scarf?

(06-29-2021, 01:17 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Elgin away on Saturday can be watched via Elgin tv , fans are allowed to attend the game but only home fans…
Better than watching England cruise into the semifinals of the Euro's I suppose!