Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aberdeen Away 25/2/17
(02-25-2017, 12:46 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Yep.  Hope I am wrong though.

COME ON COUNTY

I think Frank was aiming his comment at Buff!!!

I'm thinking of starting a thread called cloak and dagger just for Buff.

Anyway, this thread is meant to be about the Aberdeen game.
County to suprise everyone by taking a 2-1 win away from Pittodrie. Jay will start beside Davies and will score the 1st goal. Schalk coming on as a sub and scoring a deflectedwinner in the last minute........Poetic justice!

Aberdeen line-up: Lewis, Taylor, Considine, Logan, Shinnie, Reynolds, Jack, McGinn, McLean, Hayes, Rooney

Haven't seen ours yet.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Fox, Curran, Davies, Boyce, Woods, Quinn, Naismith, Fraser, Chow, Schalk, Gardyne.

So I'd assume
Fox
Naismith Davies Quinn Fraser
Boyce Woods Chow Gardyne
Curran Schalk

In which case I'm even less optimistic about getting anything out of this. That Aberdeen front 4 is going to rip us apart with Fraser at LB again.

(02-25-2017, 03:27 PM)Spain Wrote: Fox, Curran, Davies, Boyce, Woods, Quinn, Naismith, Fraser, Chow, Schalk, Gardyne.

So I'd assume
Fox
Boyce Woods Chow Gardyne
Curran Schalk

In which case I'm even less optimistic about getting anything out of this. That Aberdeen front 4 is going to rip us apart with Fraser at LB again.

I never thought about the wing backs switching. I thought it might have been 3 at the back with all 3 strikers being on.... then I remembered our top goal scorer is suddenly a winger.

Very rare that Curran and Schalk start together - even more so with Boyce in the line up.

Fraser went to LB last week when Naismith came on, that's why I've made that assumption.

(02-25-2017, 03:27 PM)Spain Wrote: Fox, Curran, Davies, Boyce, Woods, Quinn, Naismith, Fraser, Chow, Schalk, Gardyne.

So I'd assume
Fox
Boyce Woods Chow Gardyne
Curran Schalk

If Quinn is in a have nae don't
Eberdoom will turn us inside oot
Seriously I agree they will,rip,us apart ,Johnny Hayes brilliant Mginn strong Rooney strong Shinney strong Logan overlapping ,long afternoon for us , it would be nice to be wrong

Sportsound saying we're playing a back 3. I'd assume that would be with Naismith playing further forward. In which case I'd assume something more akin to:
Fox
Fraser Davies Quinn
Naismith Woods Chow Gardyne
Boyce
Curran Schalk

Well, the only good thing about today's scores is that hopefully it'll make the management and the team pull their collective heads out of their arses and stop talking about the top six. They need to realise that we're in real danger of relegation.

Yet another defeat. How much longer are JM&BD going to last? They have to go now, relegation will be a disaster, please just go

I want McIntyre gone. Been given too many chances.

(02-25-2017, 05:36 PM)Spain Wrote: Well, the only good thing about today's scores is that hopefully it'll make the management and the team pull their collective heads out of their arses and stop talking about the top six. They need to realise that we're in real danger of relegation.

You are quite right young man it is unbelievable that it is allowed to go on, take the responsibility away from them ,my honest belief,is half the dressing room lost ,
Steven Ferguson Stuart Kettlewell  Richie Britain ,take us to end of season ,it is sleeves rolled up,time

Almost all of last years major trophy winning managers have gone, Jim McIntyre last man standing, But for how long?

A 1-0 loss away to an in-form Aberdeen is disappointing but hardly unexpected. It just looks worse set against wins for Dundee, Partick and Killie. Of course we are in trouble, nobody could doubt that but we have games coming up against most of the sides around us so the opportunity is there to improve our position, starting at Tynecastle with a Hearts team who are on the slide a bit. Changing the management team at such a critical point would be a huge gamble. I doubt Roy and the board are even considering it. There are 12 games left, most of which will be against teams in a similar position to ourselves, for sure we need to improve our form but today may just possibly have been the start of the revival. Onwards to Wednesday and (hopefully) upwards.
Hear Me Roar!

(02-25-2017, 06:52 PM)pheasant66 Wrote: A 1-0 loss away to an in-form Aberdeen is disappointing but hardly unexpected. It just looks worse set against wins for Dundee, Partick and Killie. Of course we are in trouble, nobody could doubt that but we have games coming up against most of the sides around us so the opportunity is there to improve our position, starting at Tynecastle with a Hearts team who are on the slide a bit. Changing the management team at such a critical point would be a huge gamble. I doubt Roy and the board are even considering it. There are 12 games left, most of which will be against teams in a similar position to ourselves, for sure we need to improve our form but today may just possibly have been the start of the revival. Onwards to Wednesday and (hopefully) upwards.

IMO it's got nothing to do with Dundee, Patrick, and Kilmarnock winning, it's all about that we are grossly underperforming. The stats don't lie. It gets worse every week, cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel. Management have to go, we need management that can get these players to perform

(02-25-2017, 03:55 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: If Quinn is in a have nae don't
Eberdoom will turn us inside oot
Seriously I agree they will,rip,us apart ,Johnny Hayes brilliant Mginn strong Rooney strong Shinney strong Logan overlapping ,long afternoon for us , it would be nice to be wrong

1-0 to Aberdeen .
Not quite ripped apart!

(02-25-2017, 06:52 PM)pheasant66 Wrote: A 1-0 loss away to an in-form Aberdeen is disappointing but hardly unexpected. It just looks worse set against wins for Dundee, Partick and Killie. Of course we are in trouble, nobody could doubt that but we have games coming up against most of the sides around us so the opportunity is there to improve our position, starting at Tynecastle with a Hearts team who are on the slide a bit. Changing the management team at such a critical point would be a huge gamble. I doubt Roy and the board are even considering it. There are 12 games left, most of which will be against teams in a similar position to ourselves, for sure we need to improve our form but today may just possibly have been the start of the revival. Onwards to Wednesday and (hopefully) upwards.

Onwards to Wednesday and (hopefully) upwards.
More like it!
Immoral Cow Den Bender

If you look at the run we are currently on which leaves us just 3 points above the relagation spot then I am deeply concerned.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

How many teams come away from Pittodrie with 3 or even one point? So today's not necessarily the problem. It's games like St J last week. Look at what happened to them today. We're seriously underperforming - that's obvious but is a change of management the right thing to do?
It'll be interesting to read comments from those at the game today. For example how did Gardyne play? How did Woods play? How did our best striker play in midfield? Did we create any chances? Did we look competitive? DId Fox keep the score respectable again?!
Let's grab the positives - at least Motherwell seem to be falling apart.

(02-25-2017, 07:32 PM)Ed Wrote: If you look at the run we are currently on which leaves us just 3 points above the relagation spot then I am deeply concerned.

I would be a liar to say I was not concerned.
Honestly thought we would be safely in the top six by now.
However, that's football for you.
Some fans calling for the managers head!, not sure if that is the sensible approach?
It's all very well for Buff to keep harping on about throwing in Steve Ferguson, however, there is no guarantee that would work.
Personally , I think if all the keyboard warriors would get along to GEG Stadium and back the team, it might help.
Don't see any big change in the bottom 4 league places this midweek.
Saturday  11-March-17 is a big day at GEG, against Kilmarnock, just hope the above mentioned keyboard warriors get along in numbers and back the COUNTY!
Immoral Cow Den Bender

It's not necessarily the result that's the issue this time, but it's the manner of our performance again. I wasn't there, but I've heard that we were terrible yet again. More concerning, is the fact that we seem to have the return of the Jim McIntyre Tactical Tombola ™ in recent times. I just have zero confidence in this being turned around by the current management team anymore.