Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rangers vs County
No thread yet...

Strangely I think we might grab something here, we seem to get the unexpected point or points against quality opposition, while dropping them against the dross. 

Will Davies be back?
Will Routis be on the naughty step?
Will Lalkovic get his first start?

It's a drum that I've beaten too often, but I'd like to see Curran getting some game time - his very presence on the pitch seems to unlock Boyce's goals.

Unless JM can work some managerial magic I think we might get a humping. Two bad teams, but I think we are worse at the moment and the game is at Ibrox. Could be wrong!

A quick look on their forums shows them to be an unhappy bunch, imagine RSB finding out County had torn down the Highland Academy. That is where they are in terms of happiness.

Sell out tomorrow, so got to make sure we don't concede early on and frustrate the natives. Which shouldn't be too difficult.

Plenty of crosses into the box to test Foderingham who seems rather dodgy.

(02-03-2017, 11:11 AM)Rosscubed Wrote: No thread yet...

Strangely I think we might grab something here, we seem to get the unexpected point or points against quality opposition, while dropping them against the dross. 

Will Davies be back?
Will Routis be on the naughty step?
Will Lalkovic get his first start?

It's a drum that I've beaten too often, but I'd like to see Curran getting some game time - his very presence on the pitch seems to unlock Boyce's goals.
I see what you did there, so no points for County tomorrow Angel

Would like to see Gobern just to see what he is like. Can't imagine he is much worse than what we have had to witness these past few games.

(02-03-2017, 11:11 AM)Rosscubed Wrote: It's a drum that I've beaten too often, but I'd like to see Curran getting some game time - his very presence on the pitch seems to unlock Boyce's goals.

Liam Boyce has scored 6 of his last 8 goals without Craig Curran being on the pitch.

Craig Curran has scored 14 of his 16 Ross County goals with Liam Boyce on the pitch.

Right a new game and a new thread so time to be positive again. Sorry for the prolonged Jan blues on the Motherwell thread the other night.......

So then, come on lads we need a result and with the squad we have we can get easy a result again here. Best of luck and safe travels to all. COME ON COUNTY

It's been a long held ambition of mine to see County play at Ibrox, so I will be heading there tomorrow. (I missed the last game). I thought I'd mention it, as the last time I was at Ibrox was 1972! This was for a League Cup match between Rangers and Clydebank (my cousin was a Bankie), and before the match, Rangers paraded the European Cup Winners Cup, won at the end of the previous season. John Greig, Colin Stein, Sandy Jardine, Peter McCloy etc. - some team. Things have changed a bit since then, with both those teams having gone out of business Wink

Anyway, hoping it will be as memorable a day if the Staggies can play to their potential. Looking forward to seeing the latest Rangers team and their impressive stadium. (It's still Rangers).

3-1 county with a Boyce brace and a screamer by Woods!

One of the 3? (Annan and Edinburgh City) recent additions to the current SPFL that we have never beaten, so time to get that monkey off our back.

Can't say I'm confident though going by the reports/highlights of the last two games

Hope all travelling have a great day

Rangers are a wounded animal after Wednesday. Fear for us today sadly.

Remember Sevco are closer to the bottom than the top of the league, this current team is not the '72 team or the finacially doped team of the '90's and '00's this team is made up of journeymen, loans and free's.
Going forward they are semi decent but at the back they are awful Kiernan and Tavernier can be turned inside out, Hill falls over a lot and looks for help from the ref which he usually gets, Wallace is the only good defender but he can't be everywhere at once, McKay is ok but is no where the £6m player the Daily Ranger would have you believe.
Their most dangerous player is Miller we can't allow him to drop deep pulling players with him therefore creating space at the back for others to exploit.
If we can defend for 90mins and let Boyce loose through the centre at Hill and Kiernan i believe we'll get a result today.
I'd go for the following line up (if fit)
                        Fox
Fraser, Davies, McEveley, VDW
                       Chow
Midge,Routis,O'Brien,Lalkovic
                      Boyce
Quinn and Naismith if Davies and McEveley not fit
C'mon Jim and Billy get in about them and don't give them too much respect they haven't earned it yet.
C'mon the County!!

(02-04-2017, 12:09 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Remember Sevco are closer to the bottom than the top of the league, this current team is not the '72 team or the finacially doped team of the '90's and '00's this team is made up of journeymen, loans and free's.
Going forward they are semi decent but at the back they are awful Kiernan and Tavernier can be turned inside out, Hill falls over a lot and looks for help from the ref which he usually gets, Wallace is the only good defender but he can't be everywhere at once, McKay is ok but is no where the £6m player the Daily Ranger would have you believe.
Their most dangerous player is Miller we can't allow him to drop deep pulling players with him therefore creating space at the back for others to exploit.
If we can defend for 90mins and let Boyce loose through the centre at Hill and Kiernan i believe we'll get a result today.
                        Fox
                       Chow
                      Boyce
C'mon Jim and Billy get in about them and don't give them too much respect they haven't earned it yet.
C'mon the County!!

Brilliant, positive post!
We need more folk like you coming on here.
And few more like you attending games and backing the team.

(02-04-2017, 12:09 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Remember Sevco are closer to the bottom than the top of the league, this current team is not the '72 team or the finacially doped team of the '90's and '00's this team is made up of journeymen, loans and free's.
                        Fox
                       Chow
                      Boyce
C'mon the County!!

I like the look of that but will Davies be available?  I think Routis can be a good player but he was hopeless in centre midfield against motherwell, Chow played as poor as I've seen him too, I'd have Woods in before both of them.  

I'd definitely like to see Lalkovic start on the left but Midge looked way of the pace, maybe Naismith wide right in front of Fraser as he is more of an attacking wide right player and Fraser can give good cover for Wallace pushing on down their left side.  

Schalk's pace in against their aging big centre halves could work in our favour too I think.

A County win is 6-1 on bet365, pretty generous odds I'd say.
Hear Me Roar!

I'm not going today because I've got no wish to give any money to Rangers or to experience that cauldron of hate, but I'm hopeful we can take something from the game. Rangers have some pretty glaring deficiencies, so with luck we can click and exploit those. I'd certainly be disappointed with a defeat.

Routis not even on bench, is he on the naughty step?????

(02-04-2017, 03:33 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Routis not even on bench, is he on the naughty step?????

Dylan Dykes is on the bench.  Had to look him up on the website.  Midfielder, apparently.  Any further wisdom from the development squad watchers?  What is French for "kick up the backside"?

(02-04-2017, 01:08 PM)pheasant66 Wrote: A County win is 6-1 on bet365, pretty generous odds I'd say.

Wish I taken a bit on that

(02-04-2017, 03:33 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Routis not even on bench, is he on the naughty step?????

Na, he was just pi$h against the 'Well on Tuesday night, did ya no see him like?