Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee Away - Christmas Jumper day
This is our last Away day before Christmas so must be the Christmas Jumper day!

Supporters bus taking bookings through the office.  30 booked so far so seats still available. 
We are having a short stop at the Letham before heading to Dundee.   

Derek Soutar (ex county and Dundee GK) has taken over the drinking establishment called The High Corner - on Facebook as Soapy's High Corner.  10 min walk from stadium

Hopefully a good day!

Bloody hell, forgot he was with us.

Got my bus ticket, should be a interesting game. A win would be another big result.

Come on Guys lets get as many as possible down to Dundee and get behind the team.
3 points please!
Another display , similar to that against the "children" of Hearts.
My porridge was cold, after waiting on the Hearts actors to get up from the ground.
Hop! hop ! fall down.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

I'll be there, will be my first trip to Dundee does anyone know any good places to park near the ground? I've seen that woods is back for this Saturday, and I've got a bad feeling MacIntyre will put him straight back into the team just as routis and chow are starting to make a decent partnership. Does anyone know when Burke will be fit again? Would like to see Dingwall start again but think Burke will make a big difference when he's back!

P&J saying Burke still out and no timescale on his return, he had further tests this week. That's pretty concerning.

Quinn and Woods both rated as 50/50, although with Woods making an appearance v Hearts last week he must be almost ready.

Same team I'd imagine.

(12-09-2016, 07:31 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: P&J saying Burke still out and no timescale on his return, he had further tests this week. That's pretty concerning.

When Burke was at Rangers he was ridiculed for fainting at Aberdeen, because many presumed it was sunstroke. It turned out to be a virus and he missed most of that season with it.  Hopefully it isn't anywhere near as long term this time!

(12-09-2016, 08:45 AM)john@THHP Wrote: When Burke was at Rangers he was ridiculed for fainting at Aberdeen, because many presumed it was sunstroke. It turned out to be a virus and he missed most of that season with it.  Hopefully it isn't anywhere near as long term this time!

When Walter Smith was asked about Burke's protracted absence when with Rangers he replied " We just don't know what's wrong with the boy"
Unfortunately nothing has changed and he is a gamble. No use having a good player if he can't play!

Surely when Chris Burke was with Rangers it was a decade or so ago! Might be some substance to your contention if it happened on a number of occasions but otherwise no.

(12-09-2016, 05:08 PM)Strathglass Wrote: Surely when Chris Burke was with Rangers it was a decade or so ago! Might be some substance to your contention if it happened on a number of occasions but otherwise no.

Some viruses the body never totally gets rid of but can lie dormant and flare up due to certain physical triggers. I hope it's not a reoccurrence of whatever that was, but it's certainly physiologically possible!

(12-10-2016, 12:14 AM)Rocco Wrote: Some viruses the body never totally gets rid of but can lie dormant and flare up due to certain physical triggers. I hope it's not a reoccurrence of whatever that was, but it's certainly physiologically possible!

Are you talking about the herpes virus?

(12-10-2016, 12:17 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Are you talking about the herpes virus?

Trust you Pete..... Yes, that's one example, the chickenpox/shingles virus being another

Longish article in the Ross-shire this week re Tony. Jim actually praising his efforts this season, particularly his defensive work. Looks like he might start again today. Personally I though he was quite poor last week. Missed a good chance early on and didn't look comfortable the first 20 minutes or so. Improved later though.

If Woods is fit I hope he doesn't start ( nothing personal :-)) I think Chow and Routis deserve their places. Ditto Mceveley instead of Quinn if he's fit. Though maybe Mceveley's got too many yellow cards?

A win today would be very welcome and important for us to start looking up the table and not down at Caley!

Hope we keep this mini run we are on going. Thankfully we have picked up otherwise it would be worrying as there is nothing in the league as we all know.

Come on lads, another good away win would be cracking...

Same starting XI as last week. That's good imo.

Another 0-0 draw. Could have been worse and we seem to have shored up the defence. It'll be interesting to read reports from those who were there.

Should have won , also had a couple of decent shouts for a penalty.150 there

Boycee goal chopped off too.
By all reports it was a one sided affair with Bain pulling off some fantastic saves.
Sounds like 2 points dropped!!

Disappointed not to win that game some great chances, excellent team performance if Dundee had lost 2 or 3-0 they couldn't have complained, only real criticism was the final pass or cross into the box which we were guilty of, some of the build up play was a joy to watch at times we looked a decent team just a pity we couldn't have taken one of our chances
Fox didn't have much to do, Fraser excellent again back to his form of 2 seasons ago, Davies and mceveley at the moment are our best centre back partnership, big Kenny solid again he's deceptively mobile for his size, Tony dingwall uses his pace and trickery to cruise past defenders but too often his final cross & pass don't pick anybody out, chow and routis excellent particularly routis who was box to box in the 90th minute, gardyne again just needs a goal to kick start his season, Boyce played a bit deeper linked up well had a goal disallowed for a soft foul, Curran again is a nuisance to defenders just hope he can score more regularly to merit his work rate for the team, Franks and Dow both made an impact on each wing, McIntyre will be delighted with performance but again wondering how we didn't get 3 points, well done county keeps the run going

(12-10-2016, 10:28 PM)Gmont82 Wrote: Disappointed not to win that game some great chances, excellent team performance if Dundee had lost 2 or 3-0 they couldn't have complained, only real criticism was the final pass or cross into the box which we were guilty of, some of the build up play was a joy to watch at times we looked a decent team just a pity we couldn't have taken one of our chances
Fox didn't have much to do, Fraser excellent again back to his form of 2 seasons ago, Davies and mceveley at the moment are our best centre back partnership, big Kenny solid again he's deceptively mobile for his size, Tony dingwall uses his pace and trickery to cruise past defenders but too often his final cross & pass don't pick anybody out, chow and routis excellent particularly routis who was box to box in the 90th minute, gardyne again just needs a goal to kick start his season, Boyce played a bit deeper linked up well had a goal disallowed for a soft foul, Curran again is a nuisance to defenders just hope he can score more regularly to merit his work rate for the team, Franks and Dow both made an impact on each wing, McIntyre will be delighted with performance but again wondering how we didn't get 3 points, well done county keeps the run going
i agree . we should have won