Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v TRFC/RIFC/Sevco Sun 6th Nov
Good game of football I thought we should have won it the stewards were absolutely crap how Rangers fans got into our end of the ground I will never know and I am also annoyed that I get my flag taken off me before the game started in the SS

(11-06-2016, 08:41 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Good game of football I thought we should have won it the stewards were absolutely crap how Rangers fans got into our end of the ground I will never know and I am also  annoyed that I get my flag taken off me before the game started in the SS

Very disappointed to hear that.
Flag taken off you, wow is that the strength of our stewards?
As the people in the other end spout out bile about the pope and walls being guarded on some island, afraid it does not make sense.
Big question, are some of these stewards doing their job properly, I mean free from their prejudice of supporting a team?
Quite possible they are Rangers supporters?
Suggest you write to the club and get this one sorted out.
I never noticed flags being removed from the North Stand.

(11-06-2016, 09:13 PM)Harry Gow Pie Staggie Wrote: Very disappointed to hear that.
Flag taken off you, wow is that the strength of our stewards?
As the people in the other end spout out bile about the pope and walls being guarded on some island, afraid it does not make sense.
Big question, are some of these stewards doing their job properly, I mean free from their prejudice of supporting a team?
Quite possible they are Rangers supporters?
Suggest you write to the club and get this one sorted out.
I never noticed flags being removed from the North Stand.

Don't worry I will be going in tomorrow

McEveley was a real bomb scare today, made some really basic, unforced errors that a better team would have punished us for.

(11-06-2016, 09:43 PM)Drakies Staggie Wrote: McEveley was a real bomb scare today, made some really basic, unforced errors that a better team would have punished us for.

I agree

The only thing dow brings is savings on the cost of shirt name

(11-06-2016, 09:43 PM)Drakies Staggie Wrote: McEveley was a real bomb scare today, made some really basic, unforced errors that a better team would have punished us for.

I don't think it was just today. I'm yet to have any confidence in him.

The players did well today. A good performance (except for some comical defending) against a rank rotten Rangers. They were there to be beaten at the end but a draw was a fair result. Burke stood out and looks like he could be very important for us (praying he gets/stays fit).

The stewarding was appalling. In the west stand there was a row of about 8 or 9 away supporters who weren't hiding that fact very well. When confronted, the stewards just stood and looked about, before finally 2 went to turn them down. They kept quiet after that, but should have been chucked out. I'm yet to see a steward contribute any use at a game.

(11-06-2016, 11:51 PM)Iker Wrote: I don't think it was just today. I'm yet to have any confidence in him.

The players did well today. A good performance (except for some comical defending) against a rank rotten Rangers. They were there to be beaten at the end but a draw was a fair result. Burke stood out and looks like he could be very important for us (praying he gets/stays fit).

The stewarding was appalling. In the west stand there was a row of about 8 or 9 away supporters who weren't hiding that fact very well. When confronted, the stewards just stood and looked about, before finally 2 went to turn them down. They kept quiet after that, but should have been chucked out. I'm yet to see a steward contribute any use at a game.

Nothing new with the Stewarding being appalling, it's consistently appalling.
Don't shout too loud and encourage the home team, you might get a strange look, or thrown out.
Lad in ESE, has been checked off for a wee swear word now and again.
These Rangers supporters, who knew what they were doing, deliberately and arrogantly took seats in the home end.
Were they local and thought we are "BIG RANGERS MEN" and we can do what we want?
Judging by the behaviour od their fellow supporters on the High Street before the game, I'm not surprised.
The old ancient song being some by a bunch of young Muppets (sorry Miss Piggy) your only sheep >>>>>>> >>>>>>>, for goodness sake grow up!
The other MOB with the Polmont Loyal flag, knocking past all they could on the High Street looking for trouble, were they allowed out of the institution for the weekend?
And the other MOB singing the anti Catholic song, aye they soon shut their gobs when the Policeman clocked them.
Wish they would grow up.
Just a pity we never beat them, that would really have silenced them.
Notice they were happy to sing when it was going their way, but quickly turned on their players.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Is it a surprise that the local Rangers supporters were in our end? Let's be honest the crowd for the home seating areas was significantly larger than normal and I would reckon that there must have been as many as 1000 away fans in these areas. Seemingly the Rangers Supporters Club get a bigger allocation when they are at the dump but not at Dingwall !!??. I'll take their money any day as long as they behave in the home section which most seemed to do. Enjoyed the game and the terrible passing from both teams added a certain excitement !!!!

Enjoyed the game yesterday. Thought we could of won yesterday at the end.

Rangers huffed and puffed but they didn't really deserve to win. They create a few chances in the first half but in the 2nd they were poor. In the 2nd there was a 10-15 minute period where they were pressing high and dominating possession but i wasn't very worried. We defended well in the 2nd half especially. Rangers subs helped as well. No idea why he took O'Halloran off and also did that Dodoo even touch the ball?! Jason Holt is a good player but what a wee dive he is. Or did he get clipped? Can't really tell from the highlights.

Game could of ended 3-3. Really enjoyed it. Miller and Garner should both have scored in the first and we were unlucky when it looked like Davies had a header off the line. We should deffo have had an indirect free kick too which was a ridiculous decision. We had the better chances late on too with Boyce who should of took a touch but sliced it wide. He is so short of confidence. Schalk as well right at the end could of easily ended up in the back of the net.

Most of the team impressed me.

Fox again with some big saves in the first half.
Van Der Weg impressed me. He kept tavernier quite quiet imo. He had a couple problems with O'Halloran at a time though.
Davies was arguably our best player along with Burke apart from Rangers goal where he was nowhere to be seen.
McEveley is a bit of a bomb scare. He was slipping all over the shop and is slower than a week in jail.
Fraser did ok. I reckon if Cikos didn't go off and Fraser stayed at CB we would of lost.
Burke was brilliant. Outstanding down that wing. He was good against Celtic but even better yesterday. What a steal!
Dow did ok. Nothing to remember though.
Routis played well. He has to start every game. Becoming one of my favourites.
Chow seemed to done well too. Him and Routis played well together.
Curran impressed me. He had big Clint Hill on his back all day and held the ball up well for the most part.
Boyce. I know he works hard but my god he is frustrating to watch. He can't jump. It infuriates me. He rushes the pass alot too which leads to us losing it. He just needs a few goals to get his confidence up.

Schalk and Dingwall impressed me when they came on. Dingwall runs like hes **** himself though.

Will we get a fine for having 6 yellow cards?

(11-07-2016, 11:28 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Will we get a fine for having 6 yellow cards?

That's an EPL rule (where the fine is, I think, £25k). Don't know if a similar rule exists up here, although I expect not as it would have bankrupted most of Dick Campbell and Billy Reid's sides
Decent performance, although as Rocco's Wheelie Bin alluded to, why can't we produce that level of performance against the teams around us when Sky aren't there? And what is it that Dow actually does?
Re away fans in the home end- if they've bought a ticket, they've every right to be there. Some bigger clubs operate a system where, in order to purchase a ticket for a Category A game, you have to have some sort of purchase history from the club (i.e. you have to have bought a club membership or have bought a ticket for a previous game), however I suspect such a scheme would be too labour-intensive (and not particularly cost-effective) for the club to operate. The easiest solution would of course be for the interlopers to not act like total buffoons when sat amongst County fans. Failing that, it's something that the stewards should be more on top of should they start acting up (I'm assuming even "Old Firm" fans aren't daft enough to wear club colours in home ends)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Disappointing to only take a draw at home to such poor opposition, but I guess that given our recent form we should be fairly content with that.  We'll have a tougher test against St Johnstone in a couple of weeks.

There were definite improvements there compared to last week's abomination against Motherwell.  Hopefully they can build on those and improve further next time out.  However, we should be wary of getting carried away.  There were a lot of positives against Celtic (despite the scoreline) which were completely forgotten about three days later.  I'll wait and see how we get on in Perth and against Hamilton before I'll believe a corner has been turned.

Routis' performance was a particularly highlight and shows that we need to have someone with a tough-tackling work ethic in central midfield.  More of him, please.

On the issue of Rangers fans infiltrating the home end, that was always going to happen (as I mentioned earlier in the thread).  It happens against Celtic too, and can't really be stopped unless we adopt a policy of only selling tickets to people who are already on the database.  Even then, there's the folk who "support" both Ross County and one of the Old Firm *shudders*

However, if they behave and stay quiet then it's not really a problem.  Obviously, those muppets who blow their cover should be turfed out.

I also enjoyed the irony of Rangers fans outside the ground (albeit unwittingly) disrupting the minute silence pre-match.

Well done to the staggies who shouted down the Rangers fans who celebrated their goal in the Jailend, leading to them being removed. Obviously there were far more spread around the 3 home stands but not much we can do about that, thanks for your money.

As for the performance, much better than my last experience (at Aberdeen), more energy and a functioning midfield. Chow and Routis although not spectacular kept it simple and did their job.
Interesting that McShane dropped, with Woods already missing..
Pity about Cikos injury, was delighted to see him back.
20mins not really long enough to judge Fraser at CB.
McEveley continues to terrify me every time he has the ball, looks composed and then just passes it straight to opposition.
Boyce frustrated many around me but I thought he put in a good shift, he links the play so well when he drops deeper like that. A few slack passes though and should have done better with that chance at the end though.
Burke excellent, and corners mostly very good.
Schalk looked excellent when he came on and nearly got the winner, was chatting to his Dad before the game.

Disappointed we didn't get a winner to be honest, thought Rangers were there for the taking in the final 15mins. But given our current form I suppose we should be grateful for a point.

Midge and Woods injured apparently, not sure about Quinn.
It would be harsh on yesterdays performers for those players mentioned above to come straight back into the starting 11 for the next game in Perth, although I'd rather Quinn than McEveley and Midge than Dow.

(11-07-2016, 02:51 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Well done to the staggies who shouted down the Rangers fans who celebrated their goal in the Jailend, leading to them being removed. Obviously there were far more spread around the 3 home stands but not much we can do about that, thanks for your money.

As for the performance, much better than my last experience (at Aberdeen), more energy and a functioning midfield. Chow and Routis although not spectacular kept it simple and did their job.
Interesting that McShane dropped, with Woods already missing..
Pity about Cikos injury, was delighted to see him back.
20mins not really long enough to judge Fraser at CB.
McEveley continues to terrify me every time he has the ball, looks composed and then just passes it straight to opposition.
Boyce frustrated many around me but I thought he put in a good shift, he links the play so well when he drops deeper like that. A few slack passes though and should have done better with that chance at the end though.
Burke excellent, and corners mostly very good.
Schalk looked excellent when he came on and nearly got the winner, was chatting to his Dad before the game.

Disappointed we didn't get a winner to be honest, thought Rangers were there for the taking in the final 15mins. But given our current form I suppose we should be grateful for a point.

Midge and Woods injured apparently, not sure about Quinn.
It would be harsh on yesterdays performers for those players mentioned above to come straight back into the starting 11 for the next game in Perth, although I'd rather Quinn than McEveley and Midge than Dow.

Good points Stuart, fairly accurate, just hope the teams stays something similar, and the same effort in our next games, a couple of players in the January window, and hopefully  we will be ok.
On the Rangers supporters, yep! thanks for your money, all donations to Ross County gratefully received.
However, when in the home end, please show some respect and manners, when this breaks down as it clearly did in several cases, get them out, I witnessed a couple turning round, gesturing up the stand, mouthing off and swearing, well thanks you for your donation, but out you go.
I am not a Celtic supporter, but, I can't say I ever witnessed any of that behaviour from them, actually they tend to be better behaved.
On the minutes silence, as mentioned earlier, I would say this was impeccably observed on Sunday by both sets of supporters, the Rangers supporters we could hear were outside the ground making their way in, therefore did not realise the minutes silence was on, they did go quiet when they realised, so full marks to them all on that one.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

(11-07-2016, 11:01 PM)Cit Reath Wrote: I am not a Celtic supporter, but, I can't say I ever witnessed any of that behaviour from them, actually they tend to be better behaved.

Hmmmmm  Confused Confused

(11-08-2016, 10:05 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Hmmmmm  Confused Confused

Pete!

Just think widely about the comments!

Wink Wink
Wink! Wink!
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Just watched the highlights again. Our goal what the [censored] were rangers doing? Keirnan was grabbing Hill. Thats your own player mate haha