Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v TRFC/RIFC/Sevco Sun 6th Nov
We really make things hard for us losing early goals. I fear ankther hiding, hope I am wrong.

I'm still not understanding why we never seem to have anyone on the post for corners. Is it a tactical thing or does Fox prefer it that way?

...and I thought our set piece marking was bad!

Well I wouldn't have picked Hill and Davies as the first scorer for each side... Apparently nobody in Dingwall today can mark!

Great come back, come on lads, come on....

Both sides doing some of the worst defending I've seen in a single match this season!

I'm enjoying this, but dear god there's some hopeless football being played by both sides.

I know Boyce generally thrives on taking chances quickly, but if he takes a touch to steady himself at the end, that's a home win.

Dingwall was then very greedy not to find the unmarked Schalk minutes later. Schalk was brilliant when he came on.

Dare I say it, that midfield seemed more balanced today. Not overly convinced by him, but I thought Chow played okay beside Routis. Not a fan of Dow at all, but he did put in a good shift. Burke is streets ahead of this side.

Defence had a few worrying moments but defended well over the piece. Gutted for Cikos.

Decent point which could have been three at the end. A bit like Partick a few weeks ago, we seem to be turning up in the last ten minutes of games.

Both teams could have won today but no team should have. Draw was a fair result.
CM did very well against a 3 and Boycee worked his socks of helping them.
Curran was immense holding the ball up and making space for Boyce. Hill would have been delighted when he got subbed.
Thought Dow did well defensively but didn't offer much in an attacking sense.
As mentioned, Burke was outstanding.
Kenny did really well, really solid.
Fraser much better at CH IMO.
If that County turns up every week then we'll be fine!!!

A really good point, some absolutely inept defending on both sides though! Was surprised with the wholesale changes in the middle, was refreshing to see. Was surprised to see Chow involved after his first start went south very quickly, but he looked energetic at times. Burke was excellent again, turning out to be a very very good signing. Once again, Fox kept us in it on more than one occasion. Thought we should have had a free kick in their box in first half, looked to me like their keeper picked up a back pass, did anyone else see this or was it just me?

Not long in from the game and I pretty much agree with what jamiepscot has said, they were there for the taking at the end, a wee bit more composure and we'd have got 3 points. If they are the 2nd best team in Scotland then Scottish football is done.
The only black mark on today was their fans sitting in the home section, it took a while for the stewards to weed them out and then we had one in the ESE who was abusive to a County fan who had pointed him out to a steward and was allowed to sit back down before he was eventually shown the door at half time but not before he had another go at the County fan and why were the buses allowed to park on Station road? it's usually got police cones on it, I thought the extra buses had to park down Ferry road.
Anyway happy with today's performance and if we stick with that line up over the next few weeks we'll be ok.

(11-06-2016, 03:59 PM)Rocco Wrote: Thought we should have had a free kick in their box in first half, looked to me like their keeper picked up a back pass, did anyone else see this or was it just me?

I don't think he picked it up but he certainly seemed to stop/slow it with his hand which to me would seem to be a foul.

(11-06-2016, 04:02 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Not long in from the game and I pretty much agree with what jamiepscot has said, they were there for the taking at the end, a wee bit more composure and we'd have got 3 points. If they are the 2nd best team in Scotland then Scottish football is done.
The only black mark on today was their fans sitting in the home section, it took a while for the stewards to weed them out and then we had one in the ESE who was abusive to a County fan who had pointed him out to a steward and was allowed to sit back down before he was eventually shown the door at half time but not before he had another go at the County fan and why were the buses allowed to park on Station road? it's usually got police cones on it, I thought the extra buses had to park down Ferry road.
Anyway happy with today's performance and if we stick with that line up over the next few weeks we'll be ok.

Delighted to see them thrown out, there should have been no consulting from the Stewards, they should have thrown out immediately, when they were stupid enough to celebrate, talk about arrogance!
Our supporters were quite right in asking the stewards to eject them.
And their true colours were shown when they reached the exit, the rude gesture and language proves it was correct to get them out.
Still, thanks for purchasing the ticket. (be better donating to your own club, in financial strife AGAIN?)
Be under no illusions, if this happened at Ibrox, you would be shown the door, no questions asked.
If it happened at Perth or Kilmarnock, remember one of our fans was thrown out for adjusting the flag?
I took in a SPL game in Dundee, as I was down there for the weekend, got ticket for the away end, the Dundee stewards were throwing fans out for looking the wrong way.
It was like the Gestapo; some guys were having a fly puff in the toilets (ok, I know) but, judging by the stewards over reaction, you would think it was a major incident.

Back to the football, feel that was 2 points dropped by County today, we should have won.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Fairly even first half, but Rangers had the better second I thought. As the game wore on we did create some chances, but overall a draw was a fair result.
Two very similar goals, but poor defending for both.

Looking back to the Rangers teams who we played in the Scottish and League cups in Dingwall then the present side is a shadow of the teams we played then. I thought today they looked a run of the mill side and nothing special. To imagine we would play them and get 2 draws from 2 league games would have been unimaginable back then.

Fox kept us in it on a few occasions. Burke looked lively. I hope Cikos is OK.
Lots of yellow cards dished out, cant argue against any of them really.
Its a point, but nothing to get excited about. More hard games coming up.

It was cold.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(11-06-2016, 04:23 PM)Cit Reath Wrote: Delighted to see them thrown out, there should have been no consulting from the Stewards, they should have thrown out immediately, when they were stupid enough to celebrate, talk about arrogance!
Our supporters were quite right in asking the stewards to eject them.
And their true colours were shown when they reached the exit, the rude gesture and language proves it was correct to get them out.
Still, thanks for purchasing the ticket. (be better donating to your own club, in financial strife AGAIN?)
Be under no illusions, if this happened at Ibrox, you would be shown the door, no questions asked.
If it happened at Perth or Kilmarnock, remember one of our fans was thrown out for adjusting the flag?
I took in a SPL game in Dundee, as I was down there for the weekend, got ticket for the away end, the Dundee stewards were throwing fans out for looking the wrong way.
It was like the Gestapo; some guys were having a fly puff in the toilets (ok, I know) but, judging by the stewards over reaction, you would think it was a major incident.

Back to the football, feel that was 2 points dropped by County today, we should have won.

The stewarding was completely inept today.  They were checking everyone going in but still the 4 fans got into the Jailend and then when the fans were screaming at the steward about it, one of them just looked at the county fans and then looked away.  Took way too long to eject them but they still had the audacity to have a go at a few of the fans as they were being ejected.

And I have been led to bel;ieve that there was a steward before the game started that was heavy handed with the County fans when it came to one of the flags, instead of letting the fans take it down and put it away he was intent on dragging it off them and trying to rip it.

That is totally atrocious behaviour.  If this is the level of stewarding at our games then there definitely is a problem

Definitely thought we were in for a hiding when they scored so early but well done to County for getting back into the game and then to almost win it on numerous occasions in the last 10mins.

Bit of a surprise with today's line up.  Completely missing were Woods and Gardyne (although the word is he is carrying a longer term problem which might need earlier treatment) and Quinn.  Does anyone know what brough this on, or is it  JM/BD now getting players match fit..  McShane back to the bench, a recall for Routis and Chow both of whom I thought had a very strong game.  There was rarely  'gap' in the middle of the park today.  Got the impression Routis was playing in front of the back four with a midfield of Burke, Boyce, Chow and Dow (sounds like the Trumpton fire brigade!!) in front of him.  I thought this was a very strong setup and the players seemd well suited to the formation.

TBH I feel the team actually had 11 players in it.  I am not a great fan of Woods - more due to his inconsistency and lack of effort tracking back - but the midfield today covered a lot of ground.  Pity about Cikos as he was looking really impressive.  Burke - just a different class of player.  Hope he will stay for next season as the younger players will learn a lot from him.  Fraser really should be playing centre half for us.  His shift today really deserves praise and could easily have been MOTM.  When Cikos comes back I'd like to see Fraser move to centre half which is where I believe he played when he was at Celtic.

Keep playing like this and the goals and wins will come.  Feeling a lot happier tonight.  Hope this team gets a few games to gel better as there were some really clever interaction going on which will only get better by playing together regularly.

Some personally thoughts

Gutted for Cikos he looked excellent before the injury.
McElvey scares the living daylights out of me.
Chow turned up today.
Fraser should play centre half.
We didn't miss Woods or Quinn.

Great performances from Burke and Boyce and Curran were excellent today.

Why can't we play like this more often.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

It's frustrating to see the level of performance against Celtic and Sevco but then see us get stuffed by a poor Motherwell side, those are the kind of games we really need to be picking up points from!

We played better today. Hard to say how Fraser at CB with Cikos alongside him will do, 20 minutes wasn't long enough but I'd like to see it tried again. I'm hoping that the changes were made because JM was trying something out rather than coping with injuries.
I don't see why Dow gets a game each week. To me he looks like being in a league above his ability, Dingwall is a better player to my eyes and would be a better starter, if not Schalk would also be better and of course we shouldn't forget Gardyne.
Hopefully the team takes some confidence from today, the squad has the ability to be top six as far as I can see but we have to question why they lack confidence and commitment in so many games.

Two pretty average teams but an enjoyable game. I wonder if someone's worked out how many missed passes there were.

How many of our players got booked?! I've never seen so many professional fouls by a team in one game.
Is there such a thing these days as long studs? It was like watching Holiday on Ice some of the time.
Good to hear the home crowd getting behind the team towards the end.
I think Fraser's maybe too small for a centre back.
Not sure what Dow brings to the team.
Can't fault the team on effort.

The gulf in class between Celtic and Rangers is huge and a point was good, but a team like Rangers we have to beat at home if we want to move up the table.