Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v TRFC/RIFC/Sevco Sun 6th Nov
(11-04-2016, 01:43 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Sounds like it's approaching a sell-out.  Hopefully all the Highlands-based Rangers fans who have bought tickets for the home end manage to behave themselves.

If not, hopefully they receive a slap. Horrible lot.

Big game for JM. Well actually huge.

(11-04-2016, 01:43 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Sounds like it's approaching a sell-out.  Hopefully all the Highlands-based Rangers fans who have bought tickets for the home end manage to behave themselves.

Hopefully they will have no reason to celebrate.
However, if there any disruptions from them, lets hope the stewards and police eject them.
Thanks for purchasing the ticket, but TA-TA!
Come on the COUNTY!!
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Just checked Willie Hills, Ross County to win 1-0 Woods the scorer 100-1 Tongue any takers? Pete the Jakey? winnings could help pay for Wimpy's  Angel

(11-04-2016, 05:26 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Just checked Willie Hills, Ross County to win 1-0 Woods the scorer 100-1 Tongue any takers? Pete the Jakey? winnings could help pay for Wimpy's  Angel

That would quite literally be a win win situation. Please put a fiver on for me, I'll square you up in Wimpey.

Best of luck all. Come on Jim and team, give it 100% please Smile

Just to give this a little perspective.

Our last home game was Celtic and tomorrow's home game is against Rangers. If you'd said that 10 years ago, people would have thought you were speaking from your room in Craig Dunain. We've come a long way.

Having said that, if we don't do something tomorrow and the next few weeks it could be the last time for a very long time that we play them in the league again.

Funny to think playing Rangers is a kind of must win game. If we play like we've been playing we don't stand a chance of winning, but you never know..............

It's difficult to know where the goals will come from, how we'll stop them from scoring and how we'll be able to control midfield, but apart from that we should be OK.

Come on Staggies. Give us something to shout about tomorrow.

To put it in perspective you need to take into consideration the decline in the standard of Scottish football.

After Dundee getting 3 points today we have to get something from the game tomorrow

I suspect it could get lively on here tomorrow evening. Pep G, Jose M ... be prepared to head north should we suffer a heavy loss to Scotland's second best!

(11-05-2016, 09:56 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: After Dundee getting 3 points today we have to get something from the game tomorrow

No we don't. It would be good but there's a long way to go. Even if we lose tomorrow we will only be 4 points behind 6th place.

(11-05-2016, 10:32 PM)staggie52 Wrote: No we don't. It would be good but there's a long way to go. Even if we lose tomorrow we will only be 4 points behind 6th place.

Sensible post. Absolutely no place for that on this thread!!!!!

C'mon administrator, surely a warning for talking sense!!  Tongue

Completely agree jamiepscot.... we can't have people raising the tone of the thread.... lol!!!

(11-05-2016, 10:49 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Sensible post. Absolutely no place for that on this thread!!!!!

C'mon administrator, surely a warning for talking sense!!  Tongue

I apologise profusely.

(11-05-2016, 07:37 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: To put it in perspective you need to take into consideration the decline in the  standard of Scottish football.

Certainly not the fault of Ross County or Caley.
Scottish Football has been on the decline for almost 30 years.
Since the last Scottish club won a European trophy, our league and national teams have gone downhill and won nothing.
Decade after decade we hear the same old tune, we are going to fix it, right, yeah, heard it all before.
Fact is Ross County and Caley since joining the Scottish League have won more than many of the other provincial clubs put together, reference to your Montrose, Alloa, Arbroath etc.
I just used those clubs as an example, but most of them have sat on their backsides and done sweet nothing over the years.
I read a column in the Sunday Post recently, Ron Scott, we must get Hibs, Dundee United, Falkirk etc. back into the top level, a similar plight was made by that EEJIT Archie Macpherson.
What do they propose, propelling every club they fancy into to the top flight?
Fact is these clubs are there by virtue of their own mismanagement, both on and off the park.
OH! they are too big to be down there, well Rangers are bigger than all of them put together, they went down and came back, that's life, you get relegated, you reform and get back up.
By the sounds of it, if there was Kangaroo court in the Central Belt run by some of these EEJITS, they would only have their choice of clubs in the top league.
Sick and tired of hearing the same MOANERS, it's a 3 hour trip up North, give me strength, most people spend more time waiting at Glasgow/Edinburgh Airports from arriving there to flight departure! ( think about it? )
Have to laugh when I hear , how big some of those clubs are, week after his statement, Hibs had 3,000 at home and were knocked out of the cup by Morton.
The Tayside Derbies, Saint Johnstone against Dundee/Dundee Utd, well they don't exactly fill McDiarmid Park, be lucky if it has ever been more than half full, County Caley have been better than that.

Here, that's a fair rant for a Saturday night, better go and get my makeup off ready for tomorrow's victory over Rangers.
See you all there.
Come on the COUNTY!
Immoral Cow Den Bender

C'mon County, today seems like a good day to turn our form around and take the three points available to us.

Some fast paced high tempo football that'll hopefully waken up what has been a very sleepy Viccy Park this season.

Nobody is giving us a chance today, including a lot of our own fans!!! That's perfect.
Nobody gave us a chance 2 seasons ago when we were relegated at this time of the season!!
JM and the majority of our squad have been here before and showed what they are made of.
They will again!!!!
Will the real Ross County please step up.

(11-05-2016, 10:30 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: I suspect it could get lively on here tomorrow evening.  Pep G, Jose M ... be prepared to head north should we suffer a heavy loss to Scotland's second best!

We arent playing Aberdeen....

Cit Reath I agree with most of your above most except Rangers going down and coming back up, they were of course liquidated and had to start all over again but we all know that, they are not the millionaires that came up here in 2001 and 2002 they are a bunch of journeymen that are been built up to a team to match Real Madrid according to our 'un-partisan' press. This is a club that has had to have more director loans just to see it through to the end of the season, they are a financial basket case which is making a mockery of competiton in Scotland.
We need to show them that we have a spirit at this club that will see us through this poor run and take us back up the table, we need to get at them today if we sit in they'll run over us but we need to have a go at their dodgy defence and take something from this game.
C'mon the County!!

Well, JM has shaken up the team quite radically. That's good! Let's hope the players that come in respond. Come on County!

Dreadful start. Sad