Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County Vs Saint J
It was a bad day at the office all round.
Curran and Davies injuries before ko.
A very poor first half performance.
Boyce injury near the end.

The starting 11 announced looked ok, Morrison in for the injured Curran. However when the teams took to the field and McEveley had replaced Davies, confidence drained.
(I heard a story about some in hospitality at half time moaning that Davies had been sh!te  Rolleyes)

The back 4 v Rangers and Hearts had done very well. McEveley on the other hand has been a liability so far. He looks composed on the ball, wins his fair share in the air, but is then prone to a brain-fart.

All St Johnstone in that first half, 2nd half was better, but I don't think the double substitution helped us at all.
Game over when 2nd goal went in.

Impressed with young Morrison, and Quinn and Fraser did fine I thought.

Maybe a good time to have the international break, given the injuries we have, and more time for Burke and Dow to work on fitness. 

4 points off bottom and our run of games until the next international break: Aberdeen away, Partick away, Celtic home, Motherwell away, Rangers home.

Note to club: Jailend seats need a hosing, covered in bird poop and cobwebs. Thanks.

(10-03-2016, 10:53 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: It was a bad day at the office all round.
Curran and Davies injuries before ko.
A very poor first half performance.
Boyce injury near the end.

The starting 11 announced looked ok, Morrison in for the injured Curran. However when the teams took to the field and McEveley had replaced Davies, confidence drained.
(I heard a story about some in hospitality at half time moaning that Davies had been sh!te  Rolleyes)

The back 4 v Rangers and Hearts had done very well. McEveley on the other hand has been a liability so far. He looks composed on the ball, wins his fair share in the air, but is then prone to a brain-fart.

All St Johnstone in that first half, 2nd half was better, but I don't think the double substitution helped us at all.
Game over when 2nd goal went in.

Impressed with young Morrison, and Quinn and Fraser did fine I thought.

Maybe a good time to have the international break, given the injuries we have, and more time for Burke and Dow to work on fitness. 

4 points off bottom and our run of games until the next international break: Aberdeen away, Partick away, Celtic home, Motherwell away, Rangers home.

Note to club: Jailend seats need a hosing, covered in bird poop and cobwebs. Thanks.

Also the singing section seats have chewing gum or something on them as the guys n gals have been unable to stand and sing since the start of the season!!!!

I think they should be renamed 'The mute section'.

It's about time we put them behind the goal at the jailend, nobody else is even sitting there. The jailend is a sad sight nowadays unfortunately!

(10-03-2016, 11:25 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Also the singing section seats have chewing gum or something on them as the guys n gals have been unable to stand and sing since the start of the season!!!!

I think they should be renamed 'The mute section'.

It's about time we put them behind the goal at the jailend, nobody else is even sitting there. The jailend is a sad sight nowadays unfortunately!

Well said Jamie.
Get the fans in behind the goals.
Where have all the supporters gone?
I remember not long ago, before seats went in, Jailend looked quite full.
On the Jailend song video for example, crowd looks great all round the ground.
Where are they?
Immoral Cow Den Bender

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the Jailend is massively overrated. It's got a terrible view, especially if you have to sit down. If it had some atmosphere that'd mitigate it, but it doesn't even have that. The sooner we can install safe standing in there the better.

It's not too bad if you are in the back 2 or 3 rows, but there is a reason there are rows of empty seats behind the goal, the view is terrible. I'll enjoy watching tonight's dev game from the West stand.

Seriously something should be done about the atmosphere in the ground on match days. It must be like playing in a morgue for the players. (Admittedly they haven't given us that much to get enthusiastic about in recent home games but you get the feeling even if we scored 4 or 5 goals it might be greeted with muted applause)

Last Saturday was as bad as I can remember atmosphere-wise.

If anyone dared to start a chant in the East Stand and Extension, apart from being glared at from all sides, they'd probably be thrown out for unruly behaviour.

The singing section in the Jail End looked to be a great idea but it's disappeared... More's the pity.

I think there's a genuine danger that if we start losing a lot of our home games, are down near the bottom of the league and the atmosphere remains as dead as it is, we might lose more spectators.

I'm a boring old F*** and it's been many years since I've been behind the goals at any game but I'm surprised younger fans don't bother. There's been discussion before but it seems if we want to generate some atmosphere we should be pushing 100% for standing in the Jail End.

Also on the Woods issue and other rants at players. I can't understand it at all. How on earth fans think giving players abuse is a good idea is beyond me. Trouble is the ground is so quiet you can hear all these idiots.

Looking forward to home games against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen - at least we get some noise from the away end, and you feel you're at a proper football match and not someone's funeral.

(10-04-2016, 12:24 PM)It Wrote: Seriously something should be done about the atmosphere in the ground on match days. It must be like playing in a morgue for the players. (Admittedly they haven't given us that much to get enthusiastic about in recent home games but you get the feeling even if we scored 4 or 5 goals it might be greeted with muted applause)

Last Saturday was as bad as I can remember atmosphere-wise.

If anyone dared to start a chant in the East Stand and Extension, apart from being glared at from all sides, they'd probably be thrown out for unruly behaviour.

The singing section in the Jail End looked to be a great idea but it's disappeared...  More's the pity.

I think there's a genuine danger that if we start losing a lot of our home games, are down near the bottom of the league and the atmosphere remains as dead as it is, we might lose more spectators.

I'm a boring old F*** and it's been many years since I've been behind the goals at any game but I'm surprised younger fans don't bother.  There's been discussion before but it seems if we want to generate some atmosphere we should be pushing 100% for standing in the Jail End.

Also on the Woods issue and other rants at players. I can't understand it at all. How on earth fans think giving players abuse is a good idea is beyond me. Trouble is the ground is so quiet you can hear all these idiots.

Looking forward to home games against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen - at least we get some noise from the away end, and you feel you're at a proper football match and not someone's funeral.

Brilliant post!
Let's get fans behind the goals, get the younger ones prepared to sing and back the team in there.
And you are correct on the "if anyone dared to start a chant" line, appears the same to me, if you shout at the referee, linesperson, try and encourage the County, you do get the stare and look, how dare you?
And some of these people that turn round and stare, are the ones abusing players.
They are the same people that are quite prepared to report their own supporters for the slightest sign of a swear word.
One lad in the East Stand, great supporter, backs the team 100%, minute he gets exited and shouts for the team, the "STARE MOB" turn and look at him.
On the player abuse, I have just watched Italy V Spain, multi million Euro/Pound value players unable to cross a ball, one of the cheaper players attempted a cross, crowd are still waiting for the ball to come down, it went over the stands of the Turin stadium.
Ok, he is only valued at 20 million Euros.
Immoral Cow Den Bender