Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County Vs Saint J
First time I can remember getting to a match day and no thread. Confused
IMO St J at home is always a good benchmark for where the squad is at Win and I think we could challenge for another top 6 spot, lose & well???
Team? dont know as I havent got my head round the squad yet but would like to see 442 from the off with Boyce & Curran up front then at some point 2nd half revert to 4141 if we can get in front perhaps giving Dingwall his chance to play as an attacking midfielder / No 10 to help clog the middle. I think if TD's going to have any future at County this is where he will need to play.
Will Davies be chanced after last weeks head knock? McEveley could come in with VDW at LB, doubt that Burk or Dow will start but could be on the bench and I'm pleased Foster wont play this one for them.
Result? Who knows our defence is tighter than last season but a big performance will stil be needed to get through this one. I think we can do it so home win or at worst a draw.
Looking forward to reading more informed opinions

After the last goalless draws I'm hoping we'll see a few goals from County today. St J are always tricky opponents in Dingwall and their supporters expect a top 6 finish every season nowadays. If we beat them today though we can get above them in the table so there's a big incentive for a win.

I'm pretty sure we'll play with two upfront- hope so anyway. As someone said after last week's draw, Boyce is pretty useless as a sole striker. Not sure how badly injured Schalk and Davies are. I guess Burke's a good signing but not sure how he'll fit in to the team. Franks or Gardyne to leave in January?? Another nail in Tony's coffin sad to say.

Couldn't buy a ticket in the East Stand Extension online and was only offered the Jail End or North East Stand. Seems to be the same for the Celtic game. Anyone else have the same problem? I ended up buying one from the shop. I wonder if it's a tactic to try and get more people in the Jail End.

Lovely day for a football match and really looking forward to it.

Feeling confident here and going to predict a win. I am trying to work out if we easier to predict these days, think we might be coming out of the spell where it was impossible to tell how we would fair.

Looking forward to this game, I thought I was the only one going to it!.  It's strange how apathy creeps in when things are ticking over okay.  Just wait, a couple of poor results and folk will be foaming at the mouth demanding action of some kind is taken  Tongue Rolleyes

Hopefully the only change from last weekend is Curran in for McShane.

I'd like to see one or both of Burke and Dow at some stage in what will be a very tough match.

2-0 to the County, Boyce & Curran Cool

From JM's comments in press today it seems Burke more likely to feature than Dow.
Cracking day for it.
After waiting donkeys for a home draw, wouldn't be surprised if it's 2 in a row.

Greg Morrison starting up front.

Beat me to it JLo & Curran not on the bench - Wow here's his chance and perhaps when Boyce runs outa steam Tony Dingwall to come on - Buffy's fairytale strike partnership

0-1. No complaints. Can only improve second half.

Looking at the BBC "live" text it does not look like much of a game. Come on boys, need a goal!

Shocking referee again.

Dow on for Morrison and Burke on for Franks. Interesting.

Still time.....

0-2 Sad Sad

Boyce off injured now and all subs used.   Not a good day at the office.

I know we can't win every game but what's the point in keeping clean sheets and earning points on the road in two consecutive games and then getting turned over by St Johnstone at home? Frustrating doesn't even begin to describe it Huh

Well that was.... Well it was something, I'm not sure I can say what on a family forum....

The solidity at the back that's shine through in the last 2 games has evaporated, we looked clueless up front and Boyce picked up a knock. Not a good day

Poor result, poor game, beautiful weather.

We didn't deserve anything from that. They were much better than us. Our 4-4-2 is really like a 4 -2-4 with 2 wide players Franks and Gardyne, so Routis and Woods were overrun in midfield.

Boyce looked badly injured when he went off. ( I wish we'd kept Graham ) The young boy Morrison had some nice touches but neither he nor Boyce ever looked like scoring.

Franks was putting in some good crosses and looked our best bet going forward when he was pulled off for Burke, who was far less effective ( let's hope he's just short of match practice, but didn't look a patch on Franks )

Dow & Chow came on but didn't look up to much.

Annoying to see Foster, one of our best and most versatile players, playing for the opposition.

Fox ( & their goalkeeper TBH) just hoofs the ball upfield every time he has it. Wouldn't it be nice to see us developing a move from the back and through the midfield.......

No atmosphere again but the fans need something to shout about. First half I think their goalkeeper didn't have a save to make.

Difficult to find positives in that performance I'm afraid.

If we finish above St J in the league it'll be a minor miracle.

The moaners are out again. We conceded a penalty in the first half, we went for it on the second half and lost a breakaway goal.

Like our previous two games we conceded possession  but defended well. We were almost even at half time. That wouldn't have been a disaster. They scored from a penalty and I firmly believe if they hadn't had that they wouldn't have scored. Second half we were chasing the game, plenty of pressure and lost to a breakaway, these things happen. Then of course we went down to ten men for the last bit which ende the fight back.

Lessons? Lots of people were crying out for 442, they got it. It doesn't work without good wide players and/or a strong central mid-field. We didn't start with either. For me, either Boyce or Morrison up front but not both. Morrison looks as if he could have a future. Both need better support.

Sorry to annoy the Woods aficionados, but he doesn't cut it for me. An occasional run or pass forward isn't enough and don't get me started on his dead ball skills. We miss Irvine and I don't see anyone we have replacing him.

That means we need more from the wide players and I'm sorry but Franks isn't the man to do it. Midge did well but we can't rely on him alone. Burke might be the answer, he needs game time and despite a mistake early on looked like he may well become a fans favourite.

Early in the season, pity we lost, but no need to panic.

(10-01-2016, 08:14 PM)staggie52 Wrote: The moaners are out again. We conceded a penalty in the first half, we went for it on the second half and lost a breakaway goal.

Like our previous two games we conceded possession  but defended well. We were almost even at half time. That wouldn't have been a disaster. They scored from a penalty and I firmly believe if they hadn't had that they wouldn't have scored. Second half we were chasing the game, plenty of pressure and lost to a breakaway, these things happen. Then of course we went down to ten men for the last bit which ende the fight back.

Lessons? Lots of people were crying out for 442, they got it. It doesn't work without good wide players and/or a strong central mid-field. We didn't start with either. For me, either Boyce or Morrison up front but not both. Morrison looks as if he could have a future. Both need better support.

Sorry to annoy the Woods aficionados, but he doesn't cut it for me. An occasional run or pass forward isn't enough and don't get me started on his dead ball skills. We miss Irvine and I don't see anyone we have replacing him.

That means we need more from the wide players and I'm sorry but Franks isn't the man to do it. Midge did well but we can't rely on him alone. Burke might be the answer, he needs game time and despite a mistake early on looked like he may well become a fans favourite.

Early in the season, pity we lost, but no need to panic.

Oh come on !  We didn't even get near their goal in the first half.  There was no more than 10/15 minutes in the match when we looked like we might possibly score and the crowd got slightly excited.  Fans were walking out before the end.

Did you really  think you got your money's worth today?

When County play well I'll acknowledge it and be as chuffed as the next man, but if we play badly aren't fans entitled to criticise the players and the management?

Aberdeen (a), Partick Th (a), Celtic (h) ... we could have done with 3 points today before this run of games. Hopefully Burke and Dow will hit the ground running otherwise we're gonna be scrambling about at the wrong end of the league

(10-01-2016, 08:41 PM)It Wrote: Oh come on !  We didn't even get near their goal in the first half.  There was no more than 10/15 minutes in the match when we looked like we might possibly score and the crowd got slightly excited.  Fans were walking out before the end.

Did you really  think you got your money's worth today?

When County play well I'll acknowledge it and be as chuffed as the next man, but if we play badly aren't fans entitled to criticise the players and the management?

I don't think I said that we played well, I implied that St Johnstone had a bit of luck to get the penalty because I didn't see them scoring otherwise. I also implied that their second goal came because we were chasing the game because of the penalty. No we didn't play well, but it wasn't a disaster. I also pointed out areas that I thought we needed to improve and where that might be coming from. There were good points and bad points to our game.

Did I get my money's worth? Yes, I went to see a game of football and I saw one, I don't pay thinking that I'll see a great game every time I go, that would be a ludicrous. If fans walk out because they don't like the game that's up to them, I watch football never mind the score.

I can never quite grasp why people can go and pay good money and spew abuse to one member of a team, who granted didn't play well but didn't play any worse than any other in the team. No one played well today, but for fukz sake, we support the team don't we? I am a Martin Woods aficionado but the abuse some halfwits in the west stand gave him today, that even made him look up, and by people that up until a few weeks ago were in positions within the club really make me feel that if you go to spew bike, don't bother coming in the first place