Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County Vs Saint J
(10-01-2016, 08:14 PM)staggie52 Wrote: The moaners are out again. We conceded a penalty in the first half, we went for it on the second half and lost a breakaway goal.

Like our previous two games we conceded possession  but defended well. We were almost even at half time. That wouldn't have been a disaster. They scored from a penalty and I firmly believe if they hadn't had that they wouldn't have scored. Second half we were chasing the game, plenty of pressure and lost to a breakaway, these things happen. Then of course we went down to ten men for the last bit which ende the fight back.

Lessons? Lots of people were crying out for 442, they got it. It doesn't work without good wide players and/or a strong central mid-field. We didn't start with either. For me, either Boyce or Morrison up front but not both. Morrison looks as if he could have a future. Both need better support.

Sorry to annoy the Woods aficionados, but he doesn't cut it for me. An occasional run or pass forward isn't enough and don't get me started on his dead ball skills. We miss Irvine and I don't see anyone we have replacing him.

That means we need more from the wide players and I'm sorry but Franks isn't the man to do it. Midge did well but we can't rely on him alone. Burke might be the answer, he needs game time and despite a mistake early on looked like he may well become a fans favourite.

Early in the season, pity we lost, but no need to panic.

Really have to disagree re Woods he worked as hard as anyone think he seems an easy target for some. He had a few passes that went astray but I saw him working and tarcking back and at least one really key tackle and I was impressed by his work and his attempt to get us organised. we weren't great today especially first half and gave away a pointless penalty but tried in the second half maybe the formation wasn't ideal perhaps midge off Boyce but really can't see the lack of win was any more down to Woods than anyone else.

(10-01-2016, 10:33 PM)Alfiesdad Wrote: I can never quite grasp why people can go and pay good money and spew abuse to one member of a team, who granted didn't play well but didn't play any worse than any other in the team. No one played well today, but for fukz sake, we support the team don't we?  I am a Martin Woods aficionado but the abuse some halfwits in the west stand gave him today, that even made him look up, and by people that up until a few weeks ago were in positions within the club really make me feel that if you go to spew bike, don't bother coming in the first place

Thankfully I'm neither a half wit nor someone who sits in the West Stand, nor do I spew bike, but I would question anyones's judgement who thinks he has a particular skill in taking corners or free kicks.

Watched today and was not impressed. If we are to carry on playing with two wide men and fullbacks that try and push on we will have to play with a holding midfielder. St J midfield dominated the game not because we were that bad but because they had more players. We seldom played the ball from the back through the midfield and onto attack and ended playing long balls from Fox and the back four to Boyce and Morrison which if they lost was picked up by their midfield or their keeper. We would have been better imo playing 4-1-4-1
A team something like Fox
Fraser Quinn McEveley Van der Weg
Routis
Franks Woods Chow Gardyne
Boyce

(10-01-2016, 10:44 PM)roth08 Wrote: Really have to disagree re Woods he worked as hard as anyone think he seems an easy target for some. He had a few passes that went astray but I saw him working and tarcking back and at least one really key tackle and I was impressed by his work and his attempt to get us organised. we weren't great today especially first half and gave away a pointless penalty but tried in the second half maybe the formation wasn't ideal perhaps midge off Boyce but really can't see the lack of win was any more down to Woods than anyone else.

My big concern is that he takes all the corners and free kicks whenever  there's a chance at goal and he's not great at either.

(10-01-2016, 10:45 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Thankfully I'm neither a half wit nor someone who sits in the West Stand, nor do I spew bike, but I would question anyones's judgement who thinks he has a particular skill in taking corners or free kicks.

Well done on your tremendous spellcheck control, I can picture your smugness level being quite high.

I thought we would have got a point before the game then I saw who the ref was then I knew we were not going to get anything from the game I don't think I have ever been to a game when Crawford Allan has been ref we have won the game !! If any one can prove me wrong I will take it on the chin

That was the first game I've managed to get to this season, and wow we were awful. Nobody seemed to want to do anything with the ball and there is a distinct lack of drive or speed in our build up play.

Stupid foul to give away for the penalty. Why someone as experienced as McElevey is coming across the back of the striker like that in the box is beyond me. He was just asking for a foul to be given against him.

Woods and Routis seemed too similar to both be playing in the middle without a third player in there. 4-4-2 could work but not when you have the two of them in together. Woods must also have a success rate of about 25% from set pieces. Embarrassing and not consistent enough for someone who clearly has the talent to pick a pass.

Boyce didn't look interested and Morrison looked lost at times. Everyone was flat footed.

St Johnstone didn't look that great either to be honest, but we didn't deserve anything from that game.

Hopefully just an off day.

(10-02-2016, 01:18 AM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: I thought we would have got a point before the game then I saw who the ref was then I knew we were not going to get anything from the game I don't think I have ever been to a game when Crawford Allan has been ref we have won the game !! If any one can prove me wrong I will take it on the chin

Said the exact same thing to my m8 before kick off so you'll get no arguments from me!!!!

He's possibly the worst of a really bad bunch!  Sad

Was there any need for McElvey to make that challenge two clean sheets away in a row when he didn't start.

Happy clappers alert I think Routis is average at best lacks mobility and can't tackle.

Positives Marcus Fraser looked the player he was two seasons ago maybe should have gone for surgery earlier the boy Morrison didn't look out of place.
Burke had one good run and shot.
Kenny Van Der Weg can actually cross a decent ball but he worries me .

Summary midfield not very good and McElvey not a patch on Davis
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

(10-01-2016, 10:45 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Thankfully I'm neither a half wit nor someone who sits in the West Stand, nor do I spew bike, but I would question anyones's judgement who thinks he has a particular skill in taking corners or free kicks.

Copied from the player abuse post.
Sure, some supporters have a moan at a misplace pass etc. but to have the level of abuse dished out.
One word "SHOCKING"
One would think that Martin Woods single handedly caused our defeat.
It is a team game, team effort required.
Team effort required from the support to encourage the team.
Expel some of the vocal energy on the opposition.

I hate to single out players.
But!
Some of the "fans favourites", quite simply were not up to the task against Saint Johnstone, and in recent games the same "fans favourites" have not delivered.
If our support analysed the game properly, some of the cross balls that Woods delivered were good, problem? nobody had the sense to run onto them, it's not a case of waiting for the ball to come to you, regardless of how much you are paid, the recipients or potential recipients should be watching the delivery, and making a run to meet the ball.
We failed miserably on that yesterday, so do we blame Woods for poor delivery, or do we expect better from our attacking force?
Watch the highlights tonight, look at the players inside the area, and then watch where the ball lands, nobody at the back to pick up the scraps, or should Martin Woods run in and get on the end of his own cross?
Sure , some of his delivery was not great, but, for Petes sake ( not Jakey) don't blame Woods for everything.

As for Half-Wits, I reckon they were behind the Jubilee End goal, what on earth were these CLOWNS doing running down and spouting abuse when Boyce was down injured?
Not content with that, they clearly don't like Ryan Dow.
Mind you they did make a bit of noise, clearly led by the proverbial FAT T---D in the very back row.
Reminded me of the Caley supporter , the one that used to lead their singing section, give me a CCCCCC.

On the subject, what has happened to our singing section and drum, is Kenny ok?
Immoral Cow Den Bender

(10-01-2016, 11:56 PM)Alfiesdad Wrote: Well done on your tremendous spellcheck control, I can picture your smugness level being quite high.

No smugness but I think a wee spellchecking dig at someone who calls people halfwits is permissible.

Guys, could be worse, Hibs fans have just booed their team off the park.
Man Utd, just finished, a draw with Stoke, a couple of multi million pound teams, and watch some of the crosses and misplaced passes.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

(10-02-2016, 01:12 PM)Cit Reath Wrote: Copied from the player abuse post.
Sure, some supporters have a moan at a misplace pass etc. but to have the level of abuse dished out.
One word "SHOCKING"
One would think that Martin Woods single handedly caused our defeat.
It is a team game, team effort required.
Team effort required from the support to encourage the team.
Expel some of the vocal energy on the opposition.

I hate to single out players.
But!
Some of the "fans favourites", quite simply were not up to the task against Saint Johnstone, and in recent games the same "fans favourites" have not delivered.
If our support analysed the game properly, some of the cross balls that Woods delivered were good, problem? nobody had the sense to run onto them, it's not a case of waiting for the ball to come to you, regardless of how much you are paid, the recipients or potential recipients should be watching the delivery, and making a run to meet the ball.
We failed miserably on that yesterday, so do we blame Woods for poor delivery, or do we expect better from our attacking force?
Watch the highlights tonight, look at the players inside the area, and then watch where the ball lands, nobody at the back to pick up the scraps, or should Martin Woods run in and get on the end of his own cross?
Sure , some of his delivery was not great, but, for Petes sake ( not Jakey) don't blame Woods for everything.

As for Half-Wits, I reckon they were behind the Jubilee End goal, what on earth were these CLOWNS doing running down and spouting abuse when Boyce was down injured?
Not content with that, they clearly don't like Ryan Dow.
Mind you they did make a bit of noise, clearly led by the proverbial FAT T---D in the very back row.
Reminded me of the Caley supporter , the one that used to lead their singing section, give me a CCCCCC.

On the subject, what has happened to our singing section and drum, is Kenny ok?
Kenny is ok him and some of the others moved from the SS to the west stand because they did not get a good view of the game 

"The moaners are out again..." well those of us that were at the game have every right to moan about the performance thanks very much. With the exception of 15 mins in the 2nd half we looked clueless. No amount of rose tinted specs can alter that.

As for abuse for Woods, shocking. Thank goodness for Woods, yesterday, and most other games. He can have an off day, did lose it last season with some fans but puts in a shift and is a good passionate player. On this display, can't wait for Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers. I suspect those teams can't wait either.

I may have missed the thread, but what is the story with Curran and Davies. It wasn't sounding too good for Boyce yesterday. At least we have a fall back in Graha....oh hang on, we gave him away.

Boyce likely to be out for two to three weeks according to Sportscene. Great chance for someone to come in and show what they can do at Pittodrie and Firhill.

In July, one thing I didn't think we would be short of was strikers.

Noticed the sprinklers came on at half-time at the Jailend only

Surely the Jubilee end should have been watered as we were shooting that way second -half

Someone flicked the wrong switch maybe!

Both ends were watered
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Am I the only one that thinks the St J second goal was offside? Even the player that passed it looked at the linesman/assistant ref to see if the flag went up. Looks offside to me on the highlights Kane was ahead of both of our defenders when he got the ball. I was in line with it yesterday and thought it was offside at the time.

Dodgy referee, sprinklers, offside goal, etc, ... forget it. We got what we deserved on Saturday. Beaten by a team who are not a great deal more talented than ours but they are prepared to scrap for everything. Swanson adds a bit of flair to their midfield but other than that they are fairly ordinary. We lost most of the battles in midfield and rarely threatened up front. Really stupid challenge gifted them a penalty. Nope, in my opinion we were the architects of our own downfall. The forthcoming Thistle away game will give us an idea of what lies ahead. COYS