Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hearts away 24th Sept.
(09-24-2016, 04:19 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Davies pulled over before he could connect with a header, penalty? Not with this ref, shocking.

Again, another blinkered display from Muir.
Hearts foul, no action, no card, County foul, action, and cards.
Hearts throw in, close to corner flag, by the time the players takes it, he is closer tot he half way  line than the corner flag
County player about to take free kick couple of yards away from spot, Gorgie  shouting their mouths off, Muir runs over. Consistency PLEASE!
Hearts free kick late on game, embarrassing, as Muir is trying to spray the line, and get player back, Hearts player  keeps moving the ball forward.
Mr Muir, you spray the spot where the foul took place, then mark out ten yard and spray the line there.
As for the person masquerading as the Hearts manager, Mr Levein sorry Mr Neilson, what on earth was he doing? apart from trying so very hard to influence the game, he spent most of the game in the 4th officials  ear.
County sending off, fair enough, but some of the rest, unbelievable.
http://videocelts.com/2015/10/blogs/late...alan-muir/
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footb...rd-7947693
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Going by the not-very-good Youtube highlights, the Davies header probably didn't go in.

Some of County's defending was flat out awful - Van Der Weg was nowhere to be seen on Hearts breakaways. I realise he's a big unit, but he looks unbelievably slow. Fox made a great couple of saves, and Fraser bailed him out when the Hearts striker went to sleep. Fox really is a class above any County keeper since Tony Bullock.

A County player - Woods? - was very lucky not to get a red card on one of the Hearts breakaways - he tries a swipe at a Hearts player off the ball and fortunately missed completely.

Definite second yellow for McShane.

The Hearts keeper takes out Davies, but I don't think I've ever seen that penalised. I think it should be, but it'd take a brave referee.

Woods definitely took a swing at Sammon early on, didn't notice it at the game but just saw it in sportscene. Very lucky he didn't connect, lucky that it wasn't noticed by the linesman or anything too!

Plenty determination and intensity, but need to improve discipline then.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Guys played well and fought hard for each other, under difficult (refereeing) circumstances.
Any news on how Andrew Davies is after being assaulted on the pitch, and what looked like being knocked unconscious?

I read online yesterday that both Davies and Fox were named in the team of the week, second week in a row for Davies, well done guys.

Was happy leaving with the point, it was a decent performance, better than at Ibrox, but Fox kept us in it.

The back 4 of Fraser, Quinn, Davies and VdW again did well, two clean sheets at difficult venues. Fraser was very impressive considering how little he has played, great competition there with Cikos.

We held the ball better than at Ibrox, even if we created very little, and that's my only concern. Set pieces are our best bet, especially with Davies.
We are at home this week and it will be a different game, but as mentioned on Sportscene we are far too reliant on Boyce so far this season. Curran and Schalk will chip in with a few I'm sure, but from midfield there has been very little.

Rumours on Saturday that we have another midfeilder on trial?

Any word on Dow, fit yet?

(09-26-2016, 06:59 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Was happy leaving with the point, it was a decent performance, better than at Ibrox, but Fox kept us in it.

The back 4 of Fraser, Quinn, Davies and VdW again did well, two clean sheets at difficult venues. Fraser was very impressive considering how little he has played, great competition there with Cikos.

We held the ball better than at Ibrox, even if we created very little, and that's my only concern. Set pieces are our best bet, especially with Davies.
We are at home this week and it will be a different game, but as mentioned on Sportscene we are far too reliant on Boyce so far this season. Curran and Schalk will chip in with a few I'm sure, but from midfield there has been very little.

Rumours on Saturday that we have another midfeilder on trial?

100% agree with your summing up.  I think we offered little up front because Boyce was very poor as a lone striker.  His work rate was not good and he did not seem to be able to read the game.  He is at his best when he has a Curran to do all the running for him.

Can't complain at 2 draws away to Rangers and Hearts.

(09-28-2016, 11:10 AM)CraigyStaggie Wrote: Can't complain at 2 draws away to Rangers and Hearts.

There's a well known saying........... you're only as good as your last game!!!!

Well on this forum and within the walls of Victoria Pk............... you're only as good as your last pass is closer to the truth!!!!  Wink