27 54.00%
Not decided yet
6.00%
3 6.00%
Total 50 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rangers away 17-Sep-2016. Our first visit to Ibrox.
Like many others I have no great desire to visit Ibrox, magnificent stadium as it is (or at least probably was 20 years ago). However I've been on the County journey since we joined the Scottish League, I don't care who they are or what they've done, I'm going to support County.

If it turns out to be an iffy experience, then I probably won't go back, the same reason I've avoided our last 3 games at Celtic.

As mentioned above, the OF brings out the worst in Scottish football, the scenes at the weekend were embarrassing for both clubs. What I laugh at most is the belief from one half that they are better than the other half, "they did this, we've never done that" etc etc. Both clubs are as equally culpable, are as the SFA and SPFL who don't have the balls to do anything about it.

Now we are filling our 3rd bus, I trust the club are checking who is actually booking these seats? Did they purchase away end match tickets from us, are they season ticket holders or at least somewhere on our database?
That may sound pathetic, but after hearing about the antics of some local OF fans last Saturday I've no wish to share an 8hr bus journey with them.

(09-12-2016, 01:15 PM)Spain Wrote: They're both just cheeks from the same [censored], Scotlands' shame. 

^This.

Over the past few years the wearing of county tops by locals has become a more common sight in my opinion. I put that down to perhaps the spectacle of the old firm derbies being consigned to the dustbin (at least for a few years). The 'glamour' of supporting one of the 'big 2' lost its shine with Rangers departure to the lower leagues.

It was like old times on saturday though as Celtic and Rangers tops appeared like magic.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

We won't be seeing Dow this weekend then, Jim saying he is still weeks away (P&J).

(09-14-2016, 07:24 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: We won't be seeing Dow this weekend then, Jim saying he is still weeks away (P&J).

Franks had a good game on Saturday so it would have been really harsh to drop him.

Hopefully signing Dow has forced him to up his game and we won't see Dow any time soon!!

(09-14-2016, 01:30 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Franks had a good game on Saturday so it would have been really harsh to drop him.

Hopefully signing Dow has forced him to up his game and we won't see Dow any time soon!!

You would like to think so.  I think Dow's a bit of an odd signing given he isn't necessarily a wide midfielder.  I have no doubts that's where he's been signed to play.  Franks really does have a chance to make himself an essential first pick over the next few games.

Franks's deliveries against Motherwell were probably the most consistently good I've seen from him, hopefully he can keep it up!

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.ph...ad/&page=7

A quick read of their forum should stop any sympathetic feelings towards that bunch.

Hope Liam doesn't upset them too much with his usual goal celebrations

(09-14-2016, 02:30 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.ph...ad/&page=7

A quick read of their forum should stop any sympathetic feelings towards that bunch.

Sympathetic feelings? I have as much sympathy for this bunch of degenerates after the weekend as I do for their ugly sister after last night!

As usual, totally disregarding any other non-OF team. God, I wish they'd both just go elsewhere. The league of Ireland, maybe.

One thing I do take from that link though, is that they are terrified of us having any pace up front, as it looks like they may end up with Danny Wilson and 64-year old Clint Hill at centre half. Curran or Schalk should be more than capable of carving them up and making space for Boyce.

I have jut been told by their ticket office that they operate the same system as Celtic ie tickets can only be purchased from Ross County. I wasn't keen on going anyway but I don't think I'll bother now.I'll maybe go to Kilmarnock to see Boydy ( Scott not Kris).

Was talking to a the guy at the checkout at Braehead Sainsbury the other night who was a rangers fan, talking about the OF game,
I said: never mind my wee team are playing you this weekend
He replied: Who's that
I said: Ross County
He said in all seriousness: Oh thats right Rangers are playing in the League Cup this weekend
I said: eh no, we are one place behind you in the league.

Seriously he had not heard of Ross County, the sheer ignorance of the rest of football to many OF fans is shocking, I really hoped that a tour of all the divisions would have helped Rangers learn a thing or two.
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

(09-15-2016, 12:45 PM)dingwall.cof Wrote: Was talking to a the guy at the checkout at Braehead Sainsbury the other night who was a rangers fan, talking about the OF game,
I said: never mind my wee team are playing you this weekend
He replied: Who's that
I said: Ross County
He said in all seriousness: Oh thats right Rangers are playing in the League Cup this weekend
I said: eh no, we are one place behind you in the league.

Seriously he had not heard of Ross County, the sheer ignorance of the rest of football to many OF fans is shocking, I really hoped that a tour of all the divisions would have helped Rangers learn a thing or two.

Come be fair they've only just joined the top league and there's lots of new names to learn which they haven't heard of yet.  It will take some time before teams with more than a two syllable one word name will mean anything to them.  Ross County is two big new words.  Can't begin to work out how they'll deal with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The central belt at times can be like London.  Down there nothing exists north of the Watford gap and in Scotland nothing exists north of the Forth Clyde canal.

(09-14-2016, 02:30 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.ph...ad/&page=7

I'm a Rangers fan and I haven't looked at the thread on that forum you're speaking of but without even looking at I will agree with you on one thing.  That particular forum is inhabited by a large percentage of what I can only describe as low IQ grunts many of whom have already been banned on other forums but are apparently welcomed there.

On the forum I frequent this sampling are typical comments regarding the upcoming match with Ross County.

Quote:My late Grandfather originally hailed from Maryburgh and was a big County fan. As was his wee brother Harry who also passed away a couple of months back. IIRC, Harry and their sister Ina were both closely involved with Ross County for many years. I think Harry was groundsman for a time before moving to Muir of Ord golf club. Both he and Ina still lived in Maryburgh whilst Syd (my Grandfather) moved down to East Lothian in the late 40s/early 50s and married my Granny (who is thankfully still alive and well)!

As such I've always held a close affinity to the club and will remember all the above privately as we play our first match at Ibrox against County since they were admitted to the Scottish league proper.

Quote:Lets see our bouncebackability. 

It would be good to see the team being freshened up with Rossiter, Holt, Waghorn, Forrester all being back in the starting line up and Windass continuing. 

Also have a soft spot for the Highlanders, as said previously it is a bit of Bear country.

Was looking forward to seeing how slow Barton was, but seems he wont be playing
http://stv.tv/sport/football/1367209-joe...round-row/

(09-15-2016, 06:42 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Was looking forward to seeing how slow Barton was, but seems he wont be playing

He's a thug and a scumbag and has form for this sort of thing. See Ousmane Dabo for example....

(09-15-2016, 06:42 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Was looking forward to seeing how slow Barton was, but seems he wont be playing

That's a shame, they might put someone decent in his place...

(09-15-2016, 07:07 PM)staggie52 Wrote: That's a shame, they might put someone decent in his place...

It's very disappointing.  He's brutal.