Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross vs Patrick - Sat 19 Sept
(09-19-2015, 05:52 PM)ELincognito Wrote: Zzzzzz

Never doubted the CB pairing. The ever dependable Boyd and Robertson. Robertson our best CB IMO. 

Good win

Body dud well ,we got 3 points but whoeful at times ,first half we had tall centre forward and duly tried to play ball,on deck  
Second half subs then we hof highballs out of defence because we are too deep no chance Fir Rafa Franks Or Dingwall to get into game and by the way ,I'm fearing fir Midge on burn out,he was feeling it hard going today. Flagging a bit, 
We are not finishing off games not enough midfield aggression, Boyce shows aggression runs his heart out challenges and wins a lot of knock on balls, midfield staying of players too far

Our best CB pairing is easily Robertson and Davies, in saying that however Boyd did not put a single foot wrong and put a real good shout for a starting place again.

Am I right in saying we haven't scored in the 2nd half yet this season? (outside the cup game)
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

When you win it is hard to be critical, but that was a poor game. It reminded me of the Dundee Utd game of a few weeks ago when we sat deep and pressure was piled on us.
Thought Reckord had a good first half and Irvine had some lovely touches. Robertson was for me MotM and he deserved the award. He put in a solid performance. Fox didn't have much to do but he did make 2 good saves to keep the score level.
We missed the hard work of Curran.
Great goal by Boyce, he placed it superbly past the Partick keeper.

We will have to do better to overcome Falkirk as I am sure they will be up for the challenge.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(09-19-2015, 06:02 PM)Mackie Wrote: Our best CB pairing is easily Robertson and Davies, in saying that however Boyd did not put a single foot wrong and put a real good shout for a starting place again.

Am I right in saying we haven't scored in the 2nd half yet this season? (outside the cup game)

Yup.  On both Counts.  

Davies is so central to our play, and he's the captain, that he'll come back in. What's the issue with him?

It's also no surprise that we weren't quite as fluent today.  Davies really is at the heart of everything we do.

I thought it was a good game but there was a issue in the singing section that took the edge off the game during the first half but over all a good performance in the first half in the second half I thought we played well had some chance to score a 2nd which I think we need to kill the game but the last 10-15 mins was a worrie because I fealt that we sat back and defended and that gave Partick time to get chances I think that if Irvine was given time and space to run the game we would have won 2 or 3

(09-16-2015, 08:07 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Funny that I was doing my usual wee Deek at training ,speaking to. Youth trainer and Billy Dodds as I missed the game being in hospital for tests ,anyway I asked bith guys at different times ,plus Dingwalls father who is honest with opinion,everybody praised Dingwall saying he played well Dodds especially said great assist by him for the goal ,he got leg injury ( dead leg )  couldn't run but was game , plus Dodds and JM  pleased with him ,I sincerely hooe he sees this, jailender gave a good report mentioned  his  assist  doesn'tadd up,with what you say  were  there  Angel

I hope that today puts to bed that Tony Dingwall is the Messi of the Highlands played out of position.  He got to play in the middle and was pretty ineffective.  He is ok but has a lot to learn before he is a certain starter.  I think a loan at a championship club where he may get regular games would do him the world of good.  It is a shame the hype that some folk create about him it must put pressure on him.

(09-19-2015, 07:35 PM)Boff Wrote: I hope that today puts to bed that Tony Dingwall is the Messi of the Highlands played out of position.  He got to play in the middle and was pretty ineffective.  He is ok but has a lot to learn before he is a certain starter.  I think a loan at a championship club where he may get regular games would do him the world of good.  It is a shame the hype that some folk create about him it must put pressure on him.

Not sure why you've singled out Dingwall's performance today. Gardyne was shocking, De Vita wasn't much better. The less said about Graham the better. Where's their criticism?

Dingwall desperately needs a loan spell, I've been saying it all season. 20-30 minutes here and there isn't enough for his development, he needs to be playing every week.

(09-18-2015, 11:25 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I reckon thistle* be 1-0 with County having dominated possession but only managing to score once against a resolute Partick defence.

Not often I'm right, but today I am.

What was the fighting in the singing section all about?

(09-19-2015, 08:05 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Not sure why you've singled out Dingwall's performance today. Gardyne was shocking, De Vita wasn't much better. The less said about Graham the better. Where's their criticism?

Dingwall desperately needs a loan spell, I've been saying it all season. 20-30 minutes here and there isn't enough for his development, he needs to be playing every week.

Biff just being silly to see if buff bites,well least said easier mended,but obviously Boff is a failed player from Dingwall jealous of  someone called Dingwall,from Dingwall  who has done better for himself ,
Quite FRNK.  Ly. Second half bad. Too deep hoofing high balls out of defence not many  good  things today ,here today ,but we sit fourth in table ,Celtic beat Dundee Sunday's,then we are clear , 
So,instead of downing players on tye forum  give them encouragement ,

The fight in the singing section was an unfortunate incident caused by two men of an age that should know bloody better. Two gents who I've never seen before came into the section and sat around the middle area - when the game kicked off, they asked the young guys at the front to sit down - one of the young guys tried to explain that the singing section tend to stand - it got a bit heated and one of the older gents caught the young lad by the throat - all visible to a female steward who stood there and did nothing!!!!

A few people tried to calm things down and explain the situation to these two idiots - but one of them then spat on the young singing section lad - sorry, but if it had been me he'd have been planted!!

They eventually left, but stewards asked for them to be pointed out - unfortunately the young lad a regular at away and home games also got thrown out - sad affair on a day where Jim McIntyre asked to meet the singing section drummers and we got a tour of stadium and interview on Ross County TV - shame that incident soured things!

Whoever those two muppets are - they need to take a close look at themselves tonight!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Thanks for the info, love the gossip!

Caley fan's for sure! ;-)

To be honest it's gossip that everyone and the club could do without! Thats not what football is about and genuine fans don't go along to witness that. The spitting thing is just disgusting. I appreciate the lad who was spat on been angry but that where the young lad needed to take a step back when an idiot starts to spit at people and highlight it to the stewards. By all accounts he took the law into his own hands and as soon as you do that your lowering yourself to there level. At that point as soon as punches are thrown etc. then it leaves no option for the stewards to remove as at that point the safety of others becomes a concern but also families are in the area and that's not the lasting memory the club want to give of a day out at the game. Football has come along way and the club has put more in this season in trying to improve the fans experience than ever before so the fans have to play ball as well. The individuals I hope tonight look back and feel ashamed of their conduct. Credit to Gary Bisset and Angela getting involved and trying to put cool heads on it and calming the situation down as the last thing anyone at the club needs is bad publicity with all the positives going on.

For what's it's worth I was really impressed with the noise from the singing section pre kick off and I hope that today's incident does not tarnish them or people in that area. I did not agree how things were put on social media from sections of the singing section in the summer on their return to jailend as even though they were welcome back to Jailend it was not a competition but fair play thy have got on with it now and they have done a lot of positives in improving the atmosphere. The guys complaining about people standing in that section, I am sorry but on this one there has to be a happy medium. Concerns were raised about singing section in the middle of the jailend so an agreement was reached to move it to that area of the jailend where they could stand and have drums etc. so people cannot complain when people do stand. The singing section were fair enough to compromise for the good of the club and so the people complaining about the standing will also have to compromise. Sorry if that offends them but on this occasion they can move if they are not happy to other seats in the jailend as it was not full. I have always endorsed and approved of a singing section and I will give Gary Bisset credit for that idea and driving it. I don't agree with some of their conduct and shouts towards others in the jailend about not singing etc. but I think they are realising now that if they want to improve things then they have to engage better with all and others so the lad spitting on people in the singing section does not help either. It works both ways and this time it's not the singing section to blame so I hope they don't get tarred with a brush on this one.

As regards the game, I am disagreeing with some of the comments about Graham and De Vita on here! For me you could see today the benefit of going with Graham in Curran's absence. Graham's physical presence meant that Partick could not get time at the back on the ball and last season in Dingwall bullied the County front line and were allowed to run into the midfield with the ball which resulted in both the Partick goals in the last match. You could see when Graham came off and Dingwall came on that the greaseball centre half then did not have to deal with Graham keeping them pushed back and they could push up and squeeze the game in County's half which made for an uncomfortable last 20 minutes. I feel Graham has taken some unfair criticism as the lad has hardly played due to the form of Curran & Boyce. People forget this is a striker who had a goal every second game ratio last season so we are lucky to have 3 stickers now that have that ability to score. How many years did we not have 1 striker that carried that threat. Once Graham gets his first goal he will be hitting that ratio again but today his work rate with him and Boyce kept Partick pegged back and they only started to come into it when Graham came off.

It also stops this stupid shout for Dingwall to start ahead of Graham. I am not bashing Tony but he is not physically fit or ready for this level. He falls over to easily, too weak in the challenge and was bullied by the Partick back line from the moment he came on. He made it too easy for them and never was up to pace to put pressure on them and play right up against them. Tony needs to drop down to play for the likes of Elgin on loan like Kyle is doing and build himself up from there but his lack of time spent in the gym is now showing now the players are getting up to speed and full fitness. I just don't see Tony making an impact with the strength of the current squad and he got to play in his favoured position today and if I am been honest contributed very little. Harsh maybe but he is now on a first team contract so he has to handle that pressure and expectation.

I thought Rafa covered every blade of grass today and it's good to see that the injury problems that were impacting him at start of season look like they are lifting and that he is running more free again. He had a couple of great balls in today but players were just short with their movement on to them. Midge came off feeling ill so hopefully he will recover if not for Tuesday, Dundee away on Saturday but you could see he was a bit heavy legged today as game went on and was missing that bit of zip he normally has. Robertson and Fox were emense again today. Again Fox like Graham has taken some unfair stick pre and start of season but is certainly proving the doubters wrong with his performances. How many points over the past couple of weeks has Fox won us. Again in the past couple of seasons how many points did Mikey Fraser or Ruguero cost us? Glad of the points today against a strong, physical Partick team. This time last year we would have lost this game so the progress we have made is like night and day over the past 12 months. Glad the days of Lewis Toshney are a distant memory now!

Anyway well done the Singing Section today. Worked away the whole time without much support from the rest of us.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

(09-19-2015, 08:05 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Not sure why you've singled out Dingwall's performance today. Gardyne was shocking, De Vita wasn't much better. The less said about Graham the better. Where's their criticism?

Either Midge was carrying a knock or was unwell as at the end of the first half he sat down by the east stand for a good 30/40 seconds looking completely drained before trudging down the trunnel, he only lasted a few mins before being subbed in the second half.  Despite that, he was still able to track back and provided support with Fraser, maybe not up front as much before but still thought he was doing ok.  As for De Vita, well I have been a bit critical in the past few games, but again thought he was ok....not setting the heather alight but doing what was needed.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

Well said Culbokie County
Although Partick are sitting a the bottom off the league there is know easy game in this league.
Partick have some good players but our players were better that's how we won the game, sure some off them were not perfect but even when they are off form they are all still trying.
County are doing great we all would have loved County to be in this situation at start off season.
I hope someone finds out who that plonkers were that caused the problems in the singing section today so they can be barred footballers get banned for spitting so should that prat.

The reason I "singled" out Tony is because people like RSB  scream he is better than those playing ahead of him.  They put him on a pedestal to be knocked off.  Give the boy a break and be realistic about his ability.

just so there is no confusion here - the young lad asked three times for a female steward who was standing in direct view of the incident to help out before he was spat on - so the stewards had the chance to sort this before spitting and raised hands came into the mix!

Steward did nothing to help - this has all been reported to the club who will check CCTV - possibly the club need to be clearer with people buying tickets in that section that it's noisy, and mainly standing!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

The 'highlights'....... https://us2.proxysite.com/process.php?d=...65S2MT&b=1

(09-19-2015, 11:17 PM)CulbokieCounty Wrote: To be honest it's gossip that everyone and the club could do without! Thats not what football is about and genuine fans don't go along to witness that. The spitting thing is just disgusting. I appreciate the lad who was spat on been angry but that where the young lad needed to take a step back when an idiot starts to spit at people and highlight it to the stewards. By all accounts he took the law into his own hands and as soon as you do that your lowering yourself to there level. At that point as soon as punches are thrown etc. then it leaves no option for the stewards to remove as at that point the safety of others becomes a concern but also families are in the area and that's not the lasting memory the club want to give of a day out at the game.  Football has come along way and the club has put more in this season  in trying to improve the fans experience than ever before so the fans have to play ball as well. The individuals I hope tonight look back and feel ashamed of their conduct. Credit to Gary Bisset and Angela getting involved and trying to put cool heads on it and calming the situation  down as the last thing anyone at the club needs is bad publicity with all the positives going on.

For what's it's worth I was really impressed with the noise from the singing section pre kick off and I hope that today's incident does not tarnish them or people in that area. I did not agree how things were put on social media from sections of the singing section in the summer on their return  to jailend as even though they were welcome back to Jailend it was not a competition but fair play thy have got on with it now and they have done a lot of positives in improving the atmosphere. The guys complaining about people standing in that section, I am sorry but on this one there has to be a happy medium. Concerns were raised about singing section in the middle of the jailend so an agreement was reached to move it to that area of the jailend where they could stand and have drums etc. so people cannot complain when people do stand. The singing section were fair enough to compromise for the good of the club and so the people complaining about the standing will also have to compromise. Sorry if that offends them but on this occasion they can move if they are not happy to other seats in the jailend as it was not full.  I have always endorsed and approved of a singing section and I will give Gary Bisset credit for that idea and driving it.  I don't agree with some of their conduct and shouts towards others in the jailend about not singing etc. but I think they are realising now that if they want to improve things then they have to engage better with all and others so  the lad spitting on people in the singing section does not help either. It works both ways and this time it's not the singing section to blame so I hope they don't get tarred with a brush on this one.

As regards the game, I am disagreeing with some of the comments about Graham and De Vita on here! For me you could see today the benefit of going with Graham in Curran's absence. Graham's physical presence meant that Partick could not get time at the back on the ball and last season in Dingwall bullied the County front line and were allowed to run into the midfield with the ball which resulted in both the Partick goals in the last match. You could see when Graham came off and Dingwall came on that the greaseball centre half then did not have to deal with Graham keeping them pushed back and they could push up and squeeze the game in County's half which made for an uncomfortable last 20 minutes. I feel Graham has taken some unfair criticism as the lad has hardly played due to the form of Curran & Boyce. People forget this is a striker who had a goal every second game ratio last season so we are lucky to have 3 stickers now that have that ability to score.  How many years did we not have 1 striker that carried that threat. Once Graham gets his first goal he will be hitting that ratio again but today his work rate with him and Boyce kept Partick pegged back and they only started to come into it when Graham came off.

It also stops this stupid shout for Dingwall to start ahead of Graham. I am not bashing Tony but he is not physically fit or ready for this level. He falls over to easily, too weak in the challenge and was bullied by the Partick back line from the moment he came on. He made it too easy for them and never was up to pace to put pressure on them and play right up against them. Tony needs to drop down to play for the likes of Elgin on loan like Kyle is doing and build himself up from there but his lack of time spent in the gym is now showing now the players are getting up to speed and full fitness.  I just don't see Tony making an impact with the strength of the current squad and he got to play in his favoured position today and if I am been honest contributed very little. Harsh maybe but he is now on a first team contract so he has to handle that pressure and expectation.

I thought Rafa covered every blade of grass today and it's good to see that the injury problems that were impacting him at start of season look like they are lifting and that he is running more free again. He had a couple of great balls in today but players were just short with their movement on to them. Midge came off feeling ill so hopefully he will recover if not for Tuesday, Dundee away on Saturday but you could see he was a bit heavy legged today as game went on and was missing that bit of zip he normally has. Robertson and Fox were emense again today. Again Fox like Graham has taken some unfair stick pre and start of season but is certainly proving the doubters wrong with his performances. How many points over the past couple of weeks has Fox won us. Again in the past couple of seasons how many points did Mikey Fraser or Ruguero cost us? Glad of the points today against a strong, physical Partick team. This time last year we would have lost this game so the progress we have made is like night and day over the past 12 months. Glad the days of Lewis Toshney are a distant memory now!

Thank you for those comments ,they are very much appreciated after previous happenings...
We like to be able to police ourselves within that area and up to a point we were very successful ,I do however feel let let down by the steward ,she was asked by the young lad for assistance as the situation looked like it would get heated ...she didn't intervene ...it then got out of hand,I won't go into details but myself and Angela intervened and brought it under control ....

But I really think the football club have to take this on board ....when they are selling tickets for that small section it should be stipulated that it is a singing section,where it is mostly standing,if they wish to sit then don't buy for that area .

Hopefully incidents like that will be few and far between.

On the game itself ...its pleasing the position we are in at this time,however a very long season ahead and I've got hardly any fingernails left after the last 15 minutes ...but a win is a win