Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Celtic vs Ross County - Sat 1 Aug
(07-28-2015, 06:28 AM)ProCounty Wrote: Is on Sky or BT Sport? can watch in house if BT but will have to go drinking if on Sky!!!

Sky Sports 1

(07-24-2015, 11:39 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Now, who else thinks Celtic are having a laugh?  £26 for what is probably the worst supporter experience in the Premiership.  You get to sit near a corner flag with a terrible view, in a stadium with terrible catering and is a trek from the centre of town.  It's also kicking off at 12:45 and is live on TV.
When Darren Maatsen cracked  that ball off the underside of the bar to put us one up on our last flag day trip to Celtic it will live in the memory forever, that's up there with the best of them and well worth the admission fee

The view from the corner isn't that bad, if you can keep away from that green stantion you'll be fine.
In our own Jailend in the big three fixtures we charge £22 and there you have to try and dodge a stantion.
Some of you will remember our Scottish League debut and the illubrious surroundings of Central Park Cowdenbeath, well now we are playing the Scottish champions on their flag day in one of the most Iconic  
Stadia in world football who wouldn't want to see their team in this environment 

The walk from town is ok, if you leave yourself plenty time, the walk down the Gallowgate has many a fine Ale-House, frequented by the Celtic hoards they will give you a warm welcome or take the London Road route along to Bridgeton where the local clientele in the Rangers pubs will give you an even bigger welcome.

So don't let people put you off going, we don't want the team running out to a sparse away support

All in all a good day out, unless we get totally humped then it's [censored]  Smile

Here we go another 10 months of agony, tears and gnawed knuckles, hiding in the mancave listening to the radio, crapping myself while the bollox BBC nonsensical updates roll in on the tablet.
Wild optimism - CHECK, Heart pills - CHECK, Hankies - CHECK, Clean pants - CHECK, Hard hat - CHECK, Chuck up bowl - CHECK – I tell you, you guys that can get to matches have it easy!! Roll on Saturday I cant wait.

Only three sleeps to go - Then?????

(07-28-2015, 06:28 AM)ProCounty Wrote: Is on Sky or BT Sport? can watch in house if BT but will have to go drinking if on Sky!!!
It's on Sky, starts 12 noon KO 12:45 so you'll have to go drinking I'm afraid!

A goalless match tonight would be good for us, i'd expect them to rest several players against us. Not that we need that though but every little helps lol

(07-29-2015, 05:40 PM)scottyshell Wrote: It's on Sky, starts 12 noon KO 12:45 so you'll have to go drinking I'm afraid!

Ah well C'est la vie Cheers. anybody else watching in Aberdeen

Anyone watching in London town? Give me a shout!

Only a single goal in it, in their European qualifier, I think they'll be bricking it in case anyone gets injured against us.

My choice for team would be
Fox
Fraser Robertson Davis Foster
Gardyne Irvine Murdoch DeVita
Curren Graham
If Davis had not been named captain I would have had Boyd at CB
Subs would be Bachmann Reckford Boyd Boyce and McShane
I was impressed with Murdoch in all friendlies Irvine should be holding midfield player as I saw him playing CB last season in one game and was outstanding
We should use the wings to attack as our main line of attack with fullbacks pushing on
Also have Curren dropping back into midfield as the link player and ruffling Scott Brown up a bit
Com on STAGGIES get into them

(07-29-2015, 11:07 PM)The county lad Wrote: My choice for team would be
                     Fox
Fraser Robertson Davis  Foster
Gardyne Irvine Murdoch DeVita
               Curren Graham
If Davis had not been named captain I would have had Boyd at CB
Subs would be Bachmann Reckford Boyd Boyce and McShane
I was impressed with Murdoch in all friendlies Irvine should be holding midfield player as I saw him playing CB last season in one game and was outstanding
We should use the wings to attack as our main line of attack with fullbacks pushing on
Also have Curren dropping back into midfield as the link player and ruffling Scott Brown  up a bit
Com on STAGGIES get into them
Interestingly, although his energy and effort is an annoyance to opposing defenders, and makes him a starter for me every week, he actually isn't that much of a rough-em-up style player - I remember him bouncing off goodwin a few times (on his debut IIRC), although fair play to him he kept at it! Its the chasing every lost cause, giving defenders no time on the ball, and being in the right place at the right time that makes him stand out.
Hopefully Jackson can be the one to get in about Scott Brown, I'm sure he'll be up for showing Celtic how good he can be!

Morning folks,

I've not been on here for a very long time so thought I better pop in, I've not been able to make a Ross County game since the Queen of the South League game at Dumfries in the promotion season (far too long!), therefore a friend and I from Crewe decided we really needed to get our backsides in gear and come and get in a game whilst we are still in the SPL and as we've both not ticked of Celtic Park it was a great opportunity to finally do it with Nantwich Town not starting for a couple of weeks. I must admit I was surprised about the ticket price I thought they would be more around the £20 price, but then again it's nothing compared to English League football, the reason I stopped watching Nott'm Forest years ago and switched to non-league, is because I got fed up of paying £30 + Petrol just to watch a home game.

Really interested to see how we start this season, given how much of a disaster the start was last year. However with Jim turning it around, I'd like to see what he can do over a full season and fingers crossed get us more secure in the mid -table would be nice.

Anyway I've managed to get cheap trains which have cost me £27 but not leaving Glasgow Central until 6pm so I'd be interested to know if there are any fellow Staggies who are not travelling back straight away who fancy a wee drink in Glasgow after the game.

COYS

There will be plenty, but be advised you have to buy your tickets in advance for Celtic Park. You can't just pay at the gate.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(07-30-2015, 10:59 AM)Spain Wrote: There will be plenty, but be advised you have to buy your tickets in advance for Celtic Park. You can't just pay at the gate.

Glad I checked the forum. I now live in Glasgow and was just going to pop along on Saturday for the game, but now I find I cant because of needing to buy in advance? 

Nonsense when its on my door step.

I guess pub it is.

You can still buy online I think, not sure of the procedures though. I suspect you can collect at the ground, but you certainly have to buy in advance.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

If you phone up the club they can send tickets recorded delivery (£2 a go) so if you do it this afternoon it should arrive tomorrow.

Ticket arrived in the post today Smile
Going as it's the first match of the season, so it will be great to see the new team, plus the added bonus of Jackson Irvine trying to shove it up them! Not expecting anything, but you never know. Memories of Darren Maatsen's screamer keep me optimistic. Hoping for a good performance, and I'm sure our new boys will be well up for this one.
Will make sure I have something to eat BEFORE I go to the ground Wink
Top 6 this season? It's possible, and the bookies odds were so good I just had to back the team. Roll on Saturday!

Only 1 more sleep. So Excited, new season like Xmas.
But I'm already bricking it (I think the last 2 seasons have taken their toll) Padding newly installed in the man cave in readiness.
William Hill have County 12/1 to win against Celtic & 9/1 for a top six finish. Now thats gotta be worth a punt.
2 - 1 County a good positive start, Mon County

EuroCelts v Plucky Ross County?

We're doomed, I tell you. Doomed.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Celtic will be ahead of us in terms of match sharpness, but you never know what can happen.
Be interesting to see what starting 11 Jim plays, I recall at the 0-0 it was 5 across the middle, although we were disrupted when Midge went off early.

As has been said already, a good one to get out of the way as a first game, nobody expecting anything other than a home victory and there will be little criticism if we take a beating.

Hope the traveling staggies have a great day and look forward to the twitter updates!