Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 1.95 Average
Former Players & Managers
(03-29-2019, 08:52 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: One of the best players we’ve ever had at County. The guy’s in uries just caught up. His first season was outstanding.

So on one season you say one of the best players , no way a defender maybe but player never

(03-29-2019, 10:16 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: So on one season you say one of the best players , no way a defender maybe but player never

He had three full seasons for County, the first he was excellent, the second very good and the third his body just fell to pieces.

Only defender I rate higher than him at County was Lee Wilkie in his brief loan stint, he was levels above everyone on the pitch.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Harry Souter choosing to play for Australia. Good luck to him!

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/fo...ia-2726920

Greg Tansey still not sorted. Poor guy's not had much luck in the last 2 years. Always thought he was a good player. Obviously County never saw the best, or much, of him due to injury.
All the best Greg, hopefully you'll get back playing soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47915640

(03-30-2019, 11:34 AM)Despot Wrote: He had three full seasons for County, the first he was excellent, the second very good and the third his body just fell to pieces.

Only defender I rate higher than him at County was Lee Wilkie in his brief loan stint, he was levels above everyone on the pitch.

He was that good we were fighting fires each season ,great in air ,it is the time he spent getting going coming down After heading ball play was away from him and by the way if you call heading balls clear only to opposition fair enough .

I'm with Despot, Davies was clearly one of our top defenders, he was a revelation for us until injuries caught up with him. We clearly got the best couple of year out of him.

(04-19-2019, 09:47 AM)frankthetank Wrote: I'm with Despot, Davies was clearly one of our top defenders, he was a revelation for us until injuries caught up with him. We clearly got the best couple of year out of him.

Where did we land between Macintyre Dodds Davies , oh yes Macintyre looks like he is doing same with Dundee

(04-24-2019, 09:27 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Where did we land between Macintyre Dodds Davies , oh yes Macintyre looks like he is doing same with Dundee

We won the league cup.

We’ve just sacked Derek Adams after 4 years.

It feels sad in a way, at the start he was a breath of fresh air, a Wembley final, promotion etc. But this season things have turned nasty. Awful summer recruitment, awful football, fallings out with the fans, media and his own players recently. 5 defeats on the bounce.

Now we have 1 game to save our L1 status.

Been coming TBH.

Its almost exactly the story that unfolded at County.

May be a while B4 we hear he is back in management. His style must have questions asked now for longer than 12 months.

He obviously has something to turn things round but longer term, jury oot

It looks like Adams lost the plot this season, sounds familiar.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(04-29-2019, 08:07 AM)Despot Wrote: It looks like Adams lost the plot this season, sounds familiar.

It does sound very much like his last season with County, although minus the falling out with fans. I think most County fans still hold him in high regard, even if his time maybe was up.

Considering the low standard of the players he took south, you'd have to say on the balance of things his time at Plymouth was more positive than negative.

But the poor recruitment in his final year mirrors what happened up here. A very good manager but his somewhat abrasive manner and highly drilled training doesn't sit well with more egotistical players after a while.

He'll get a job soon enough. Wouldn't be surprised if Dundee was his next port of call.

(04-29-2019, 09:27 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: He'll get a job soon enough. Wouldn't be surprised if Dundee was his next port of call.

He'll be back in Scotland for sure. There is clearly is a good manager in there somewhere, but his ability to build a squad is atrocious.

(02-24-2018, 07:58 PM)Rossinwest Wrote: Bottom in November, now in the play offs, 1 defeat in 15, 6 wins on the bounce, one of the smallest budgets in the League, Derek Adams take a bow.

Oh how times change...

(04-29-2019, 09:59 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: He'll be back in Scotland for sure. There is clearly is a good manager in there somewhere, but his ability to build a squad is atrocious.

Oh how times change...

He built the invincibles. And, to be fair, promptly dismantled it when they proved not quite up to the challenge of the top flight with all the subtlety of a punch in the face.

I think he's an excellent manager for three seasons.

The last quotation is evidence of the fickle nature of football fans. Bit unfair to single out our Plymouth supporting friend for that. I do wonder if Graham Carey is still viewed as a million pound player though... he completely disappeared last year.

(04-30-2019, 12:29 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: He built the invincibles. And, to be fair, promptly dismantled it when they proved not quite up to the challenge of the top flight with all the subtlety of a punch in the face.

I think he's an excellent manager for three seasons.

The last quotation is evidence of the fickle nature of football fans. Bit unfair to single out our Plymouth supporting friend for that. I do wonder if Graham Carey is still viewed as a million pound player though... he completely disappeared last year.

Carey disappearing after an excellent season........ I'm sure that's familiar too!

Gary Miller just released by Carlisle. Always thought he was a good player
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(05-06-2019, 05:34 PM)staggie34 Wrote: Gary Miller just released by Carlisle. Always thought he was a good player

Yeah,WAS ,a good player

Wee jimbo mac no more.

(05-12-2019, 12:43 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Wee jimbo mac no more.

He's been sacked, not died...!
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Adams for Dundee job?