Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
There have been strong rumours all close season on him coming over the bridge so I wouldn't be too surprised if this happened.

(07-02-2019, 09:34 AM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Im afraid NO. I think we have enough cover here with injury returns etc, and im sure he will not win the staggies over very easily with past actions.

- remember Grant Munro?
(I didn't - was calling him Ross Munro at first!)

* IF * the gaffers want Coll Donaldson; and he wants to come; I'd expect it'd work out fine.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

He's not going to get much playing time in the team captains preferred playing position, would there be much point in signing him and would he come knowing this?

(07-02-2019, 04:38 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: He's not going to get much playing time in the team captains preferred playing position, would there be much point in signing him and would he come knowing this?

Fraser is not strong enough to play in central defence

(07-02-2019, 04:38 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: He's not going to get much playing time in the team captains preferred playing position, would there be much point in signing him and would he come knowing this?

Is Coll Donaldson not a left footed left sided CH? Fraser is a r footed full back who is not going to be playing CH.
We have enough cover at CH, I'd rather see us sign some full backs.

I'd be very happy to see Donaldson sign. Big strong commanding Ch something I think we need for coming season. While Grivosti has improved, he's not going to be able to dominate the box in the same way.

Saw a story saying we are set to sign Irish striker Michael o Connor in the coming days' can't find it now to see if it was an old story or not, it was on Facebook so it must be true.
Anyone in the know???

I saw that as well, not sure what he offers that Graham and Stewart don't?
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

As with both full back positions, I'd have liked us to have upgraded on Graham and McManus too. I'm not entirely convinced what damage they'll do to opponents in the premiership.

(07-06-2019, 09:00 AM)frankthetank Wrote: As with both full back positions, I'd have liked us to have upgraded on Graham and McManus too. I'm not entirely convinced what damage they'll do to opponents in the premiership.
Completely agree - weak in both full-back positions and could do with another option up front..

(07-06-2019, 09:00 AM)frankthetank Wrote: As with both full back positions, I'd have liked us to have upgraded on Graham and McManus too. I'm not entirely convinced what damage they'll do to opponents in the premiership.

I’m hoping Stewart and McKay are seen as the strikers in contention to start , I’d keep Graham but would’ve got rid of and replaced McManus

Stevie May???? Yes please!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot...n-17764396

(07-10-2019, 07:52 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Stevie May???? Yes please!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot...n-17764396

He scored two goals last season, and looks absolutely spent. Wouldn’t go near him. Hopefully agent talk.

Would be open to giving this a shot

There's a very decent footballer in there somewhere, I'd give him a shot.

(07-10-2019, 09:22 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: There's a very decent footballer in there somewhere, I'd give him a shot.
I agree. How much of this is due to relationships inside Aberdeen, personal issues etc. I have no doubt homework was done before showing interest. I would like to see him here.

Doubt it, more likely an agent trying to drum up interest or Aberdeen trying to screw a few more £ out of St J

(07-10-2019, 10:12 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Doubt it, more likely an agent trying to drum up interest or Aberdeen trying to screw a few more £ out of St J

Would be very surprised if this happened - although there is a player in there, it seems to have gone missing while he was at Aberdeen.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Remarkable difference in goals & assists return between St Johnstone days and subsequently.
Aberdeen payed £440K for him IIRC. Very little return on that to date.

Maysterious.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

He brings more than just goals to a team and unlike Savage, I don't believe he's spent. He's only 26 ffs!