Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
(06-06-2019, 05:15 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: No. That transfer market thing isn’t very reliable.

Hearing that Jamie Lindsay also signed a two year deal when he signed his permanent contract - anyone know if that is the case - most reports don't seem to mention the length of contract he signed and I notice the club don't put the length of contract up on the website anymore.....also other stating that Watson and Morris both signed two year deals - so it may be that the first team squad has been pretty much secured which would be great news.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Well, the confirmation wasn't what I hoped for.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Ross county reject bid from Rotherham for Jamie Lindsay, however it doesn't seem to have put them off.

Hmmm with a young family would ge want to go, hopefully not. He was a big player for us last season and hopefully bigger this coming season.

One year left on his contract, how much can we afford to knock back?

I’d take 500k no bother , he’s good but everyone’s got a price

I hope we get another year out of him, he's a key player for us and a big part of the managers plans....

Read somewhere that Rotherham offered 150k but staggies are holding out for 200k, goal scoring midfielders are hard to come by and English clubs have money to burn, Boyce and Irvine went on the cheap in my opinion, Celtic have just offered 3 million for a Motherwell player who will be lucky to get a game, I'd be telling Rotherham to come back when they've stuck another zero on their offer and a sell on clause.

(06-13-2019, 01:03 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Read somewhere that Rotherham offered 150k but staggies are holding out for 200k, goal scoring midfielders are hard to come by and English clubs have money to burn, Boyce and Irvine went on the cheap in my opinion, Celtic have just offered 3 million for a Motherwell player who will be lucky to get a game, I'd be telling Rotherham to come back when they've stuck another zero on their offer and a sell on clause.

Agreed, would think Jamie is quite settled and with a new baby on the way they will be looking for some stability - he's also going to have another ex-Celtic youth team mate arriving in Chalmers - so think he's probably quite happy where he is, but money talks at the end of the day.....

(06-12-2019, 10:02 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: I’d take 500k no bother , he’s good but everyone’s got a price

We won't get anything near that.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(06-13-2019, 08:00 PM)Despot Wrote: We won't get anything near that.

£200,000 and he’s off. Likely to go through if reports are to be believed.

(06-13-2019, 08:22 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: £200,000 and he’s off. Likely to go through if reports are to be believed.

Hopefully they've negotiated at least a 20% sell on clause.

(06-13-2019, 01:03 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Celtic have just offered 3 million for a Motherwell player who will be lucky to get a game

You're seriously underestimating just how good David Turnbull is. Celtic could easily quadruple their investment in him within 2 years at that price

Back to Lindsay- folk need to contextualise £200k as part of our budget- it's also commensurate with the sums Naismith, Boyce and Irvine went for. As good as Lindsay is (and he gets better every week), we could do an awful lot with that sort of sum- we could easily secure 2 starting level Premiership players with it(or test the waters in Paisley for Hladky)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Yeah I agree with above posts 200k or there abouts could bring in at least two more strong signings so as much as I like him would sell Lindsay for 200k or there abouts

(06-14-2019, 11:33 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: You're seriously underestimating just how good David Turnbull is. Celtic could easily quadruple their investment in him within 2 years at that price

Back to Lindsay- folk need to contextualise £200k as part of our budget- it's also commensurate with the sums Naismith, Boyce and Irvine went for. As good as Lindsay is (and he gets better every week), we could do an awful lot with that sort of sum- we could easily secure 2 starting level Premiership players with it(or test the waters in Paisley for Hladky)

Irvine and Boyce were chronically undervalued, though. It’s obviously club policy not to play hard ball, but the money Irvine went for was pretty scandalous considering there wasn’t a sell on fee. Boy, I hope they at least put one in for Boyce.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/spor...ow-179210/

Not for sale, player happy where he is!

(06-14-2019, 12:10 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/spor...ow-179210/

With a bit of digging, you'd probably find almost identical quotes from McIntyre regarding Jackson Irvine at the start of summer 2016. This reads like the opening salvo of what will be a relatively protracted saga that will ultimately end with Lindsay departing for either Rotherham or someone gazumping them

If anyone believes otherwise, then I have several bridges to sell you
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(06-14-2019, 12:21 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: With a bit of digging, you'd probably find almost identical quotes from McIntyre regarding Jackson Irvine at the start of summer 2016. This reads like the opening salvo of what will be a relatively protracted saga that will ultimately end with Lindsay departing for either Rotherham or someone gazumping them

If anyone believes otherwise, then I have several bridges to sell you
I agree with your analysis of the situation. I rather suspect he will be here for the first half of next season unless there is a very substantial offer as he may want the opportunity to showcase himself at a higher level and hope to attract an English Championship club. Perhaps explains the move for Chalmers.

(06-14-2019, 12:10 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/spor...ow-179210/

Uh huh. The club turned a £150,000 bid, but said they will accept a £200,000 offer.
Nothing in that article says Lindsay won’t leave if they receive another improved bid.

Struggle to see how 200k benefits the management or fans for the season ahead. Haven’t heard that we’re in dire need of the cash so let’s keep hold of our best players and do our best to remain in the top tier. Relegation will cost a helluva lot more than 200-300k.

(06-14-2019, 03:52 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Struggle to see how 200k benefits the management or fans for the season ahead. Haven’t heard that we’re in dire need of the cash so let’s keep hold of our best players and do our best to remain in the top tier. Relegation will cost a helluva lot more than 200-300k.

I imagine we are still feeling the cost of relegation, obviously we are very lucky with Roy, but running at those sort of costs is not a sustainable model.

Kieran Maguire put up some figures a month or two back.

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status...7983216641

Be interesting to see how they compare to last season.