Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
Does anyone know if Boydy has left the Club or been offered a new deal? I thought it was only a one year deal he signed last year.

(06-23-2016, 06:41 PM)Drakies Staggie Wrote: Does anyone know if Boydy has left the Club or been offered a new deal? I thought it was only a one year deal he signed last year.

I thought that it was a 2 year deal that he signed, because I seem to remember that when he signed the deal it was  reported that the deal allowed him to complete 10yrs at the club, and since he 1st signed (though it was only on loan) in 2007 it would make sense for his deal to still have a year to run on it

Yes he has another season on his contract left, and some testimonial stuff coming up apparently. Well deserved.

Good, he's been a good servant to the club.

(06-23-2016, 05:18 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I hope what I'm I'm hearing is wrong but we could still be needing another left back and a striker.

Ok I'll bite........what you hearing?

That we will need to sign another left back and a big tall striker unfortunately, players choices not the clubs.

(06-23-2016, 07:43 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Yes he has another season on his contract left, and some testimonial stuff coming up apparently. Well deserved.

I'll back everything Scotty is in great servant real decent human being  honest to tge core,and he still has playing in him

(06-23-2016, 07:43 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Yes he has another season on his contract left, and some testimonial stuff coming up apparently. Well deserved.

I'll back everything Scotty is in great servant real decent human being  honest to tge core,and he still has playing in him

(06-24-2016, 07:15 AM)frankthetank Wrote: That we will need to sign another left back and a big tall striker unfortunately, players choices not the clubs.

Well it looks like we've just signed another left back - https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...rnational/

Yup, a left back or left sided centre half. maybe it's true that Ricky Foster is away then, a shame if that's the case.

Wiki says he was appointed Sheff United's captain at the start of last season but new manager Chris Wilder decided to release him.

I find it hard to believe that Brian Graham is away. He was our best striker for parts of the season. And he made that lung bursting sprint.

May be neither here nor there, but McEveley is wearing 5 in that picture.

(06-24-2016, 10:34 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: May be neither here nor their, but McEveley is wearing 5 in that picture.

I noticed that too, could just be a re-jigging of the squad numbers, or like you say it may be nothing.

(06-24-2016, 10:17 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Yup, a left back or left sided centre half. maybe it's true that Ricky Foster is away then, a shame if that's the case.

Wiki says he was appointed Sheff United's captain at the start of last season but new manager Chris Wilder decided to release him.

Hope Foster stays, despite coming in for a lot of stick in the begining he's more than proved himself which shows he has character to go with his ability. I had always wondered if Foster might fit a midfield role, perhaps as an anchor or a covering role, he has the vision know how and passing range.

(06-24-2016, 12:11 PM)dorsetstaggie Wrote: Hope Foster stays, despite coming in for a lot of stick in the begining he's more than proved himself which shows he has character to go with his ability. I had always wondered if Foster might fit a midfield role, perhaps as an anchor or a covering role, he has the vision know how and passing range.

I hope Foster stays too, he is/was our best right and left fullback last season imo.

He also covered well in the centre when his pace was required to cover Davies and Quinn.  One of our top performers from our most successful season ever imo, I hope the rumour that he's looking to move on is incorrect Sad

Why do people automatically Assume that Foster & Graham will be leaving?

(06-24-2016, 11:24 AM)Rocco Wrote: I noticed that too, could just be a re-jigging of the squad numbers, or like you say it may be nothing.

We've rejigged our squad numbers every season we've had them
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(06-24-2016, 02:39 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: We've rejigged our squad numbers every season we've had them

Except Scott Boyd has been in possession of the number five shirt ever since we've had to have names/numbers registered.

For what it's worth, I think he'll be released, despite having another year on his contract.

Scott Boyd was training with the 1st team at the Jubilee this morning!!

JM in P&J today (article on McEveley signing)- we are still trying to do a couple of things and that might mean 1 or 2 have to leave.