Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
(05-23-2014, 03:10 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Is there any confirmation from anyone on the Carey situation? I'm fairly sure he had a 2 year contract, but am also fairly sure St Mirren wouldn't pay us for him.

I'm also fairly sure my opinion is not worth relying upon...

He did sign a two-year deal, but it sounds as if the player/club have agreed to a "mutual" parting of the ways.

Not another bloody "mutual consent" parting - FFS! Man we have a job on our hands trying to build a squad of players capable of sustaining our place in this league this year!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

If a player doesn't want to stay, what is the point of keeping him.we want players that want to play for the club.
Also heard that William Deas has baked Yaya Toure a cake.

I believe some of the "2 year deals" were 1 year with a option for the player to agree if they wanted a second year

(05-25-2014, 11:25 AM)Boff Wrote: I believe some of the "2 year deals" were 1 year with a option for the player to agree if they wanted a second year

Pretty sure that was the case with Gordon, maybe same with Carey.
As has been said, if someone doesn't want to be at the club or hasn't settled in the area, better for both parties that they depart.

Agree with the sentiment that if a player doesn't want to be here then away ya go, but Im really hoping that we can attract players who want to come here and do a job for County! We have lost a few bods, and could be more to follow!

Was down renewing my season ticket yesterday and I'm hopeful with the work that Derek is doing we'll see some decent additions coming in, a lot of players in Scotland out of contract!

What we have to remember is that we don't have the background staff that other clubs have, Derek is doing around five if not more jobs at County - he doesn't have the luxury of having a big background setup.

(05-25-2014, 04:38 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: What we have to remember is that we don't have the background staff that other clubs have, Derek is doing around five if not more jobs at County - he doesn't have the luxury of having a big background setup.

What five jobs is that then?

Maybe mentioned elsewhere but Slew has been released by Blackburn.
Wonder if Adams would be interested and Slew can be persuaded to earn much less than he did at Blackburn! Depends what other options he has I suppose.
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...blackburn/

Kiss (90mins) and Cikos (15mins) also played for Slovakia yesterday in their 1-0 defeat v Russia.

Would love to see us grab Jordan back - guy could definitely improve his goals scoring with games, maybe he'd be interested in a one year deal to get regular football?

Sure I heard Slew was on £12k a week at Blackburn. Would be a helluva wage drop to come to County permanently!

(05-27-2014, 11:27 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Would love to see us grab Jordan back - guy could definitely improve his goals scoring with games, maybe he'd be interested in a one year deal to get regular football?

Aye, shop window and all that

(05-25-2014, 11:25 AM)Boff Wrote: I believe some of the "2 year deals" were 1 year with a option for the player to agree if they wanted a second year

Ben Gordon had a year's option - I don't know whether that was club, player, mutual or vesting option but that was what his deal was.

Carey signed a two year contract.

So what is going on with Carey - is he staying?

Is Gordon with us for next season?

(05-27-2014, 02:05 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: So what is going on with Carey - is he staying?

The club never announced the length of Carey's deal. It was 1 year I am led to believe. I have also been tolde from a couple of reliable sources he wont be here next season. He is included in the list below as being out of contract.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index....he-summer/

(05-27-2014, 10:29 PM)Boff Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 02:05 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: So what is going on with Carey - is he staying?

The club never announced the length of Carey's deal. It was 1 year I am led to believe. I have also been tolde from a couple of reliable sources he wont be here next season. He is included in the list below as being out of contract.

The list also has RB and Maatsen both being out though, whereas they're both actually on 2 year deals. They also refer to Branislav "Mimic". Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(05-27-2014, 10:37 PM)Spain Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 10:29 PM)Boff Wrote: The club never announced the length of Carey's deal. It was 1 year I am led to believe. I have also been tolde from a couple of reliable sources he wont be here next season. He is included in the list below as being out of contract.

The list also has RB and Maatsen both being out though, whereas they're both actually on 2 year deals. They also refer to Branislav "Mimic". Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

I believed you till that sentence.

McGowan of St Mirren is a Adams type signing.

(05-28-2014, 11:04 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: McGowan of St Mirren is a Adams type signing.

I said the same thing when I seen he'd been released.

Yep, funny that went through my head also...

Tidser retained by Rotherham according to this, had another year on his contract I think. Suppose he could still be shipped out on loan.

TNC Football League ‏@TNC_FLeague
Michael Tidser Ben Pringle Kieran Agard Robert Milsom Conor Newton Alex Revell have been retained by Rotherham (2/2)