Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
(07-19-2016, 09:16 PM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Care to explain why ? Confused

I suppose that would count as speculation.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

This is purely speculation (hence the speculation thread) but what's folks thoughts on Peter Pawlett from aberdeen?

I would like to see us sign a wide midfielder and a few aberdeen fans i know seem to think his days at pittodrie could be numbered. He's 25 now, was born in england but has been brought up in aberdeenshire since a young age, he has several scotland u21 caps. Last season he played a lot less first team games and with the new signings this summer he could be falling further down the pecking list.

My memories of him playing are of being a quick, tricky and direct attacker, Oor Jim and aberdeen's boss McInnes have a pretty good relationship from their time together at Bristol, maybe we could work out a deal, maybe just a loan.

Thoughts?

(07-22-2016, 02:17 PM)frankthetank Wrote: This is purely speculation (hence the speculation thread) but what's folks thoughts on Peter Pawlett from aberdeen?

I would like to see us sign a wide midfielder and a few aberdeen fans i know seem to think his days at pittodrie could be numbered.  He's 25 now, was born in england but has been brought up in aberdeenshire since a young age, he has several scotland u21 caps. Last season he played a lot less first team games and with the new signings this summer he could be falling further down the pecking list.

My memories of him playing are of being a quick, tricky and direct attacker, Oor Jim and aberdeen's boss McInnes have a pretty good relationship from their time together at Bristol, maybe we could work out a deal, maybe just a loan.

Thoughts?

Isnt he a diving cheat?

(07-22-2016, 02:33 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Isnt he a diving cheat?

Yes he was done for that two or three seasons ago but aren't they all nowadays?

(07-22-2016, 02:36 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Yes he was done for that two or three seasons ago but aren't they all nowadays?

Pete The Jakey Wrote: [url=http://www.overthebridge.info/showthread.php?pid=60260#pid60260][/url]Isnt he a diving cheat?

Yes, he was punished for diving against Dundee.
I think he has learned his lesson, did not appear to be involved in such activities since.
Just one of many  cheats/divers.
Depends on which club you play for, there have been worse cases of diving/cheating since that incident and no punishment? 
Having said that,  I think the lad has great ability, good turn of pace, and the ability to go at defenders.
Question is, can we fit that type of player in?

(07-22-2016, 02:33 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Isnt he a diving cheat?

Only if he plays for another team.  If he plays for County he is streetwise.  Football logic.

I'd take him but he wants to sign for Hibs and McInnes won't let him go so can't see him coming to County.

(07-22-2016, 08:08 PM)Iker Wrote: I'd take him but he wants to sign for Hibs and McInnes won't let him go so can't see him coming to County.

I did hear the hibs rumour a few weeks ago but i can't imagine why anybody would WANT to sign for hibs Huh

(07-22-2016, 10:29 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I did hear the hibs rumour a few weeks ago but i can't imagine why anybody would WANT to sign for hibs Huh

Me neither. I was surprised when I heard it.

Money?

"Hibs monitoring Graham" http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sp...-1-4188833

Saw Lennon there and couldn't think for the life of me who he'd be looking at. He would be perfect at Hibs this season and would get released if they got promoted. I can see this bring a goer

(07-28-2016, 07:10 PM)Alfiesdad Wrote: Saw Lennon there and couldn't think for the life of me who he'd be looking at. He would be perfect at Hibs this season and would get released if they got promoted.  I can see this bring a goer

I can too.  I think it's going to be a mistake.  Graham's our most effective, most prolific striker.  He's clearly a first pick at this point, so I have to assume he's made his mind up to leave. I can only hope somebody of real quality will come in; probably somebody from the English Championship, who is well known to Premiership fans up here.

I think Boyce should be the one to go.  He's a shadow of the player he was.  

I've been mocked for saying this, but for County not to have number 9 squad shirt I have to conclude someone is going to come in. I think Uncle Roy said something about a "big striker" as well.

I can see three players come in and one or two leave this week.

Going by son (7) who seen Jim a couple of times last week while at the Train Like a Pro and his words were "seen Jim again, but he was on the phone the whole time, again".

Surely a sign...

(07-28-2016, 09:42 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Going  by son (7) who seen Jim a couple of times last week while at the Train Like a Pro and his words were "seen Jim again, but he was on the phone the whole time, again".

Surely a sign...

Maybe he was phoning for pizza's for Kenny van der Weg!!!!

(07-28-2016, 11:14 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Maybe he was phoning for pizza's for Kenny van der Weg!!!!

Or maybe he was on phone to all the pizza shops to bar Kenny from them?!

(07-28-2016, 04:34 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: "Hibs monitoring Graham" http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sp...-1-4188833

Hopefully not,but he would have a field day with Hibs ,and more money.Agree with Savage , he should be a first pick,can understand why the lad could be getting disheartened at not starting games.

(07-28-2016, 07:46 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I can too.  I think it's going to be a mistake.  Graham's our most effective, most prolific striker.  He's clearly a first pick at this point, so I have to assume he's made his mind up to leave. I can only hope somebody of real quality will come in; probably somebody from the English Championship, who is well known to Premiership fans up here.

I think Boyce should be the one to go.  He's a shadow of the player he was.  

I've been mocked for saying this, but for County not to have number 9 squad shirt I have to conclude someone is going to come in. I think Uncle Roy said something about a "big striker" as well.

I can see three players come in and one or two leave this week.

I think your hope of an established english championship player coming this far north
and playing at this standard for our wages is wishful thinking.More journey men that are surplus
to requirements/out of contract or sent out on loan is a possibilty.

(07-28-2016, 11:18 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Or maybe he was on phone to all the pizza shops to bar Kenny from them?!

He looked it on his video, and he still looks more than a little heavy. Of all the signings, he is the one I have the least faith in. And he can't play the piano.
(07-29-2016, 02:07 AM)staggie68 Wrote: I think your hope of an established english championship player coming this far north
and playing at this standard for our wages is wishful thinking.More journey men that are surplus
to requirements/out of contract or sent out on loan is a possibilty.

I'm predicting one of those guys who scored a barrowload for Motherwell and then who disappears at Derby or Preston.

(07-29-2016, 01:52 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I'm predicting one of those guys who scored a barrowload for Motherwell and then who disappears at Derby or Preston.

Stevie May missed almost all of last season for PNE with a knee ligament injury and they have several other 'decent' forwards like Beckford and Makienok on loan from Palermo, could be worth a loan deal to get him back to the forefront of Simon Greyson's mind?