Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
(06-09-2016, 10:15 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Sorry to be the first to bite at what seems obvious fishing ? but I'd be very disappointed and critical if individually these players left for those misery sums.  Also if both were to leave for the amounts you quote I'd be very disappointed in the board of directors.

Those fees would both break Ross County's transfer record.  I think we have to taper expectations - in  no market other than England is Jackson Irvine a half a million pound player. 

We'll see, but I think a bid will be accepted for Irvine this week .  I'd be very surprised if to for more than the figure I quoted.

(06-10-2016, 03:36 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Those fees would both break Ross County's transfer record.  I think we have to taper expectations - in  no market other than England is Jackson Irvine a half a million pound player. 

We'll see, but I think a bid will be accepted for Irvine this week .  I'd be very surprised if to for more than the figure I quoted.

Everyone on here has Jackson away to pastures new. It won't surprise me if there's an announcement this week saying he's extended his contract till the end of the 17/18 season!!!!!

I for one trust Roy will do what's best for County and if JM says he needs Jackson then Roy will deliver, additionally I think Jackson has been underappreciated and underutilised in previous clubs but is happy and settled here. 

He could sign improved terms and reassess the situation next summer. There better clubs out there for him if he continues his development with us.  Shy

Better clubs? They are in the second tier of English football. A much higher standard of football. It would be an incredible move for him.

(06-10-2016, 09:07 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Everyone on here has Jackson away to pastures new. It won't surprise me if there's an announcement this week saying he's extended his contract till the end of the 17/18 season!!!!!

I for one trust Roy will do what's best for County and if JM says he needs Jackson then Roy will deliver, additionally I think Jackson has been underappreciated and underutilised in previous clubs but is happy and settled here. 

He could sign improved terms and reassess the situation next summer. There better clubs out there for him if he continues his development with us.  Shy

Rotherham and Burton are both bigger clubs than Ross County.  He could continue his development at a higher level there, and then move on again.

If it's not broken don't fix it. He has it pretty nailed down at County

Then lower end English championship might be or might not be better than Scotland....let's remember kirk broadfoot is captain of Rotherham is he not! But why would JI move at present. Regular games, recently lifted his first pro trophy in a settled squad on the way up and a regular in the Oz squad with a good chance he will be playing if he continues his level of performance. It's not exactly bad news at the moment. Ultimately it will come down to money. How much will it take for us to sell...if we are willing and how much it will take to turn his head. Hopefully Roy can keep his head straight and then we sell him.next summer for a tidy sum.

We would need some replacement if not as a midfield of Woods and Mcshane isn't keeping us top 6.
No sacrifice no victory 

(06-11-2016, 05:58 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Rotherham and Burton are both bigger clubs than Ross County.  He could continue his development at a higher level there, and then move on again
Obviously both teams play at a higher standard than Ross County but the facilities at our wee club are as good as Rotherham's and better than Burton's. When I say there are better clubs out there for Jackson, if he continues his development with us and continues to improve, then there may be a better club interested. I'm not talking Premiership but a mid table championship team!
One thing I don't understand is why people are so keen to cash in, where's your ambition and belief in what we're building at Ross County. Luckily Roy has belief in the plan and won't sell unless it's right for us. I also believe that he'll do it only after speaking to JM who will know of a possible replacement.

Folk have to face facts that Scottish football is skint - as a minimum Irvine should at least treble his wages by moving down south. If things dont work out he knows he can always get a club in Scotland even Goodwillie and Fyvie two abject failures down south found their way back up here.

Talking money is all fine and well but he's getting guaranteed first team football here as has been said already. I hope with every shred of me he's here for years to come never mind another one!

(06-12-2016, 03:51 PM)Deldad7 Wrote: Talking money is all fine and well but he's  getting guaranteed first team football here as has been said already. I hope with every shred of me he's here for years to come never mind another one!

This is the ideal, unfortunately history is littered with the broken careers of players that have decided to take a bumper payday and 'hope to break into the side' at a bigger club. If English championship teams want him, I think we can consider him gone, England seems to be the footballing holy grail for a lot of players, people can't see past the money, unfortunately.

I would be surprised if any footballer thought I will sign for a Championship club in England I know I am not good enough but it's a pay day.
They would all assume that they have the abilities to progress and some do the ones that don't make it eventually find there way back to the SPFL for every Andrew Shinnie and David Goodwillie there is Craig Conway and Ross McCormack.

No player is going to turn down the opportunity to play at a higher level unless they have a genuine family reason to stay.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Loads of players have come from Scotland to have a really solid careers in England.

McCormack, Berra, Snodgrass, McArthur, Robertson, Conway, Fletcher, Greer, Broadfoot, Caddis, Shinnie, Bryson, McDonald, Murphy, Russell and May to name a few! Some of them were great in Scotland, but some of them definitely weren't and have still gone on to have good careers in England.

If Irvine accepts his limitations, he could have a good career down there aswell. Playing regularly at a higher level for more money should be a no-brainer for any player with ambition.

Football is a relatively short career so I would think that the money on offer will always be a part of any decision of where to play.

Saw a tweet suggesting Sheffield United have made a bid. No idea how reliable it is, but...

Anyone but the Blunts !

Steady son !

(06-14-2016, 08:01 AM)IBrown Savoy Wrote: Anyone but the Blunts !

Hear hear, an abortion of a football club.

Lionel Ainsworth.

That's more like it.

(06-18-2016, 11:44 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Lionel Ainsworth.

That's more like it.

Ainsworth would be a tremendous signing, is there any truth in it?

Players start pre-season training tomorrow (P&J) and JM saying he is "still trying to get a couple of players in".

On Cikos, "Once we get him fit he'll be good competition for Marcus Fraser".

If Cikos gets back to the level he was at with us in 2014, Fraser will be warming the bench for the foreseeable!

I hope what I'm I'm hearing is wrong but we could still be needing another left back and a striker.