Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties
Having just seen the highlights not surprised the keeper is getting some stick for the first goal....I mean it was his fault that Reckford turned his back on the shot, instead of making himself big to block the shot.

The run couldn't continue forever, better to lose to Thistle than to lose to Motherwell next week, hopefully this spurs the team forward.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

McIntyre:
"I was slightly concerned coming into the game as we knew we had a few players carrying knocks and hadn't done a lot of training this week".

Wonder who the players were?
Plenty decent options on the bench, and Carey not even involved.

Think Reckord was nursing an injury, had his hamstring taped up, didn't look too comfortable running.

(04-26-2015, 02:40 PM)ShEp Wrote: Think Reckord was nursing an injury, had his hamstring taped up, didn't look too comfortable running.

I did think Reckord was struggling, I think Carey would've been a better option than a half-fit Reckord

(04-26-2015, 03:22 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: I did think Reckord was struggling, I think Carey would've been a better option than a half-fit Reckord

I thought this Burges guy we've signed on loan from Fulham was meant to be a decent left back, don't even think he's made the bench.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing maybe we should have started with a fit back line.

Honestly didn't think Rocco added anything and both him and Ritchie will struggle to get back into this team if all first eleven from previous weeks are fit and available!

Just too many of our players not at the races - but the tirade of shouts when a pass goes wrong doesn't help anything - think this is why the team appears to perform better away from home!

Hopefully a blip and we'll get something from the Motherwell game and stay six clear!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Don't think the fans are to blame for yesterday's poor performance Staggie 2509. To blame us sounds like a Celtic / SFA concocted story to try and explain failure. If indeed the fans are to blame for county playing better away from home, maybe we should take a hit on gate receipts and drop the fans by playing to an empty stadium.
If the fans are not happy then they should be heard!

Oh my.

(04-26-2015, 08:24 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Don't think the fans are to blame for yesterday's poor performance Staggie 2509. To blame us sounds like a Celtic / SFA concocted story to try and explain failure. If indeed the fans are to blame for county playing better away from home, maybe we should take a hit on gate receipts and drop the fans by playing to an empty stadium.
If the fans are not happy then they should be heard!

I'm not saying the fans are to blame - just that it doesn't do anything to help the situation if you berate certain individuals for making a mistake - I'm sure if we all had someone sitting on our shoulder at work shouting abuse or FFS - we'd all be rubbish at our jobs as well.....I can shout with the best of them and was annoyed at the performance, but some of the ranting was over the top.....and would have been audible to the likes of Brown - that just makes them more nervous!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-26-2015, 10:43 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Oh my.

A tad misleading that youtube video name, as he missed by over a foot!

(04-26-2015, 10:43 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: Oh my.

Mark Brown got away with one there but he was probably our best player on the day.
The quality saves he made kept us within a goal of partick so there was always a chance that we might nick an equaliser, it never happened but partick should/could have had two or three more goals, if not for BrownUndecided

(04-27-2015, 10:17 AM)frankthetank Wrote: Mark Brown got away with one there but he was probably our best player on the day.
The quality saves he made kept us within a goal of partick so there was always a chance that we might nick an equaliser, it never happened but partick should/could have had two or three more goals, if not for BrownUndecided

Brown's been getting some stick on other threads, but like you say, he was all that kept us in touching distance of Partick. I'd like to see him stay this summer and possibly someone else brought in.

Brown was our best player on Saturday? Huh?

He was shocking for the second goal and somehow totally unprepared for the first.

What kept the score down was Partick's poor finishing. Their chances were either off target or straight at Brown. Brown made a good save in the second half in a one-on-one, I'll give him that. But his distribution was pretty atrocious all game and the mistake with Stevenson was awful and very lucky not to result in a goal.

I like Brown, good goalkeeper, but he had a bit of a nightmare on Saturday and certainly wasn't our best player.

Just a bad day at the office.

I'd agree that Particks poor finishing was the reason we weren't 5 down.

Brown had a bit of a howler, Although it can be forgiven as I've seen a vast improvement in his game this season, but everyone kind of took a step backwards on Saturday, so I don't think singling Brown out is fair,

Only good thing to take from Saturday is that the pressure of keeping this run going is over now, maybe we will be left along to get on with what we need to do, and that starts with a win away to Motherwell Smile

(04-27-2015, 11:10 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Brown was our best player on Saturday? Huh?

He was shocking for the second goal and somehow totally unprepared for the first.

What kept the score down was Partick's poor finishing. Their chances were either off target or straight at Brown. Brown made a good save in the second half in a one-on-one, I'll give him that. But his distribution was pretty atrocious all game and the mistake with Stevenson was awful and very lucky not to result in a goal.

I like Brown, good goalkeeper, but he had a bit of a nightmare on Saturday and certainly wasn't our best player.

Distribution wasn't great, but that wind was a pain in the ass, seemed to be against us in both halves, lol

(04-26-2015, 10:43 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: McIntyre:
"I was slightly concerned coming into the game as we knew we had a few players carrying knocks and hadn't done a lot of training this week".

Wonder who the players were?
Plenty decent options on the bench, and Carey not even involved.

Rekord is carrying a slight leg problem. Boyd speaking to supporters after the game has a back problem. This would explain some of the performances.

They're only human and they didn't have a good day.

After 9 matches unbeaten, I am tentatively contemplating some forgiveness.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

(04-26-2015, 10:38 AM)Mackie Wrote: Having just seen the highlights not surprised the keeper is getting some stick for the first goal....I mean it was his fault that Reckford turned his back on the shot, instead of making himself big to block the shot.

The run couldn't continue forever, better to lose to Thistle than to lose to Motherwell next week, hopefully this spurs the team forward.

Having watched the highlights of the first PT goal it confirms what I saw at the game. Why was Woods across on the right side of the park? That is why PT had all the time in the world to tee up the shot. Woods should have been at that side of the park in that area and blocked the attempt.

Let's put things in perspective. Although defeat to Partick was disappointing have been on an amazing run and this was a minor setback.

Motherwell's result on Friday means that we have maintained our points advantage over them and improved the gap in goal difference with one fewer game for them to close the gap. They will also now be looking over the shoulders just a little more concerned about St Mirren whereas we are in the happy position of having no more concerns about automatic relegation.

All in all, despite a narrow defeat, the weekend leaves us another small step closer to safety.

(04-27-2015, 11:10 AM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Brown was our best player on Saturday? Huh?

Defence did not help him!
First one , was he was slightly unsighted?
The defender then turns away from the ball, instead of facing the ball and throwing himself towards the ball, perhaps try to block it.
Next goal, Partick player takes a throw in, County defender heads it straight back to the thrower then accepts the pass, runs in on goal with no challenge.
Yes, bad day, but let's not lay all the blame on the keeper.

(04-27-2015, 08:13 PM)the reaper Wrote: Rekord is carrying a slight leg problem. Boyd speaking to supporters after the game has a back problem. This would explain some of the performances.

Doesn't explain to me why a manager picks injured players in a game where we're fighting for league survival !!

"I was slightly concerned coming into the game as we knew we had a few players carrying knocks and hadn't done a lot of training this week." JM after the game

So why did he pick them? Shows how much he thinks about the other players in the squad.