Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Thistle - 1st of the 5 cup ties
That was woeful viewing today.

I can't really think of any positives, only Partick's poor finishing stopped it from being 4 or 5.

Can't win them all but that was a terrible performance the day. Very few pass marks - Partick far hungrier - hope the boys didn't think after the Well result last night that they were already safe.

That was crap the ref did not help

For a brief moment I thought I might have to change my signature. Its safe for another season though.
For anyone who thought we were almost safe today was a sharp reminder that we are not. A really poor performance against a side who were sharper and more determined. No complaints from me, the better side won.
Mark Brown made some good saves and that plus some poor finishing from PT made the defeat look better because believe me that could have been a lot worse.
Its not over yet.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

A bad day at the office, that is all!! Have a few beers tonight, snuggle up to the mrs and move on to next sat and Motherwell!!

Bad performance today.

Reckord was shocking in my opinion, Boyce worked his socks off, Not convinced by Curran at all, does lots of gurning and not a lot else!

The referee had a bit of a belter today, pretty sure the challenge on Cardle should have been a pen.

Overall not a great day, only saving grace is St Mirren beat kilmarnock so we can keep looking to move up rather than have a gap above us.

Only other thing to add is Lyle Taylor is a bellend.

Yeah well beaten, we didn't deserve to be ahead or to be 1-1 at HT.
Thistle were like we have been recently - sharp, in your face, fighting for everything. We looked sluggish and disjointed. Obviously the dynamic was affected with the suspension of Irvine, but there was more to it than just that.
Been praising them recently but several players were just not at the races.

No need to panic, been a fantastic 9 unbeaten run, still 6 ahead of Motherwell, massive game next week.

Be there.

Lyle Taylor doesn't half love himself!

(04-25-2015, 06:05 PM)ShEp Wrote: Not convinced by Curran at all, does lots of gurning and not a lot else!

Get a grip.

Jings, one bad result and it's a disaster. I think we struggled with Kiss in for Irvine. There was less movement in midfield, we didn't close down as well as we've been doing. That resulted in the equaliser, we shouldn't be allowing a shot from there. But all in all I wasnt too concerned at half time.

A break of any kind in the second half would have been good. Boyce running across the box was brought down by two defenders. Penalty or dive? Neither was strange, either it was a foul or he dived. Cardle chopped down in the box, nothing. Decision after decision seemed to go against us. Bad day at the office.

Still 12 points to go, 6 ahead of Motherwell, we'll be fine.

Jeez. Not quite sure where that came from?!

Been giving Jackson Irvine a lot of credit recently and think today showed how much he contributes. More to it than that though, several players just weren't on it which is strange given recent performances.

The result was fair, or even a bit kind to us? However, surely we should have had a pen? The third shout looked to be a straight tackle from behind if nothing else.

Been a fantastic run and suppose the players have earned the right to get away with a blip! Certainly makes next Saturday interesting!

P.S, yes, Lyle Taylor is an utter ****!

Just negated a home advantage game. Squeaky bum time as on that performance we won't beat Motherwell away. Brown should not have been beaten on both goals. Curren was indeed ineffective up front and his industrious efforts did not counter his limited ability. Saying that, Archiebald got the upper hand on Jim and Billy and the whole team were not allowed to perform.
This was a step back to the pre Christmas days. We have to pick ourselves up before a rot sets in. Over to Jim and Billy!

(04-25-2015, 06:24 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Jings, one bad result and it's a disaster. I think we struggled with Kiss in for Irvine. There was less movement in midfield, we didn't close down as well as we've been doing. That resulted in the equaliser, we shouldn't be allowing a shot from there. But all in all I wasnt too concerned at half time.

A break of any kind in the second half would have been good. Boyce running across the box was brought down by two defenders. Penalty or dive? Neither was strange, either it was a foul or he dived. Cardle chopped down in the box, nothing. Decision after decision seemed to go against us. Bad day at the office.

Still 12 points to go, 6 ahead of Motherwell, we'll be fine.
I felt Boyce left a leg in and dived I thought he was lucky not to be yellow carded, however, the challenge on Cardle looked a stonewaller to me up in the ESE.
P.s. I'm on beer no2!!

Not sure what the Boyce incident in the box was - thought it was Gardyne?? If same incident then initial thought was that it was a pen. But if the ref did not think it was then
why was player not booked for diving?
Cardle one looked stonewaller but I think the ref played advantage to Partick as I think the linesman flagged for offside when the ball was played through - never seen it but heard boys saying that round about me.
Taylor made a c*** of the ref when coming off - should have been booked.

But we were p**h poor the day from start to finish

(04-25-2015, 07:50 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Just negated a home advantage game. Squeaky bum time as on that performance we won't beat Motherwell away. Brown should not have been beaten on both goals. Curren was indeed ineffective up front and his industrious efforts did not counter his limited ability. Saying that, Archiebald got the upper hand on Jim and Billy and the whole team were not allowed to perform.
This was a step back to the pre Christmas days. We have to pick ourselves up before a rot sets in. Over to Jim and Billy!

It's unfair to blame Brown for the goals. The first one was an absolute belter from outside the box. Even our supporters were applauding it. Couldn't quite see for the second one but that looked like a rocket too. I thought Brown had one of his best games today apart from when he almost gifted them a goal by not clearing quickly enough.

We were well beaten today. We were very poor but fair play to Thistle they were well worth the points. I don;t think we were able to adjust to the weather conditions. A strong blustery wind, which we couldn't handle.

It was FREEZING in the ESE.

Not over yet but let's hope that was just a blip.

Boyce one certainly didn't look a pen to me looked like he went over after he lost the ball did think Cardles was but agree with most we were poor today and Thistle I'm afraid to say deserved it. We have been great of late but today less so and I don't think all down to Irvine. Reckord poor don't think Woods was as good as he has been and Curran lacked spark even Grdyne for the first half was not as good as he has been.

Still the boys have worked really hard of late and have given us an advantage - was good to see Quinn back and we are still 6 ahead of Motherwell thank goodness they lost is all I can say.

Totally outclassed. Jags streets ahead in every department.

The run was going to come to an end sometime, it was the manner of it that frankly puzzled me today. most of the team looked heavy legged and a bit clueless. Hopefully just getting the rust out of the legs after a week lay off.

Nice to see Rocko back...

Our midfield was overrun today and there was a lack of urgency from most of the players. I'm in west stand and the linesman on our side was shocking Gardyne was taken out inside the box in second half when going for a return pass (the rest of linesman mistakes were to numerous to mention)sorry did I call him a linesman thats my mistake. With the weather the way it was we should have got the ball down and passed a lot better than we were I think Partick wanted win more than we did. All is not lost that Jim and Billy will sort out problems before the Well game.

Players who have been brilliant for us lately, the likes of Boyd, Reckord, Woods and Curran, were all shocking yesterday.

Just a bad day at the office, I think. Missed Irvine in that midfield a lot too.

Brown's distribution really is terrible though - and that's not just a one off.

Doesn't matter how badly we played, a penalty is a penalty, and Cardle's was a stonewaller from where I was sat.

(04-25-2015, 07:50 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Just negated a home advantage game. Squeaky bum time as on that performance we won't beat Motherwell away. Brown should not have been beaten on both goals. Curren was indeed ineffective up front and his industrious efforts did not counter his limited ability. Saying that, Archiebald got the upper hand on Jim and Billy and the whole team were not allowed to perform.

Disagree about Brown for first goal,it was some strike ,going in off post,second goal was messy,no one on the thrower,(looked a foul throw to me), was it a shot or cross? Brown should have done much better anyway.
Partick were excellent, really up for it,fully deserved the win as we were not in the game.

(04-25-2015, 11:02 PM)cdam Wrote: The run was going to come to an end sometime, it was the manner of it that frankly puzzled me today. most of the team looked heavy legged and a bit clueless. Hopefully just getting the rust out of the legs after a week lay off.

Nice to see Rocko back...

It was good to see Rocco back,but I thought it was a strange substitution at the time,Curran off for Rocco?