Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Post split fixtures?
Reckon this is how they will pan out - Killie A, Partick H, St Mirren H, Motherwell A and ( Hamilton H or Dundee A) not necessarily in that order...

We are capable of beating any of these teams given we broke down one of the best defences last night - wouldn't have said that before Chirstmas!

I think Motherwell are gathering momentum, so as long as we stay in front of them - they play a good counter-attacking team in Partick on Saturday, so that could be a tricky game for them - we need to beat St Mirren to stay in front....and potentially go further ahead depending on how Motherwell get on....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Don't think the SPL would risk giving us 3 away games whilst, at this stage at least, there is a chance we could be in the play offs. If they did this it would be 18 home and 20 away fixtures. Thus if Dundee are in the bottom 6 and are out of relegation danger they could be allocated another trip to Dingwall. it would also mean that its an even 2/2 split between the play off candidates.

We are almost certain to have 3 home matches after the split as we had only 2 last year. By the same token, Motherwell, St Mirren and Dundee/Hamilton will each have 2 home matches, and Partick and Kilmarnock will have 3 like us.

Our home matches are likely to be St Mirren, Partick and Dundee/Hamilton.

Motherwell away would be key, but unlikely to be the last game of the season.

Just guessing, so don't plan your holidays around this!

(04-08-2015, 09:26 AM)Wicky Wrote: We are almost certain to have 3 home matches after the split as we had only 2 last year. By the same token, Motherwell, St Mirren and Dundee/Hamilton will each have 2 home matches, and Partick and Kilmarnock will have 3 like us.

Our home matches are likely to be St Mirren, Partick and Dundee/Hamilton.

Motherwell away would be key, but unlikely to be the last game of the season.

Just guessing, so don't plan your holidays around this!

I'd happily see us win the remainder but close the door - two banks of four against Motherwell and draw that one so we remain in front....they look like they have plenty fire power - mind you, it was against St Mirren who appear to be in freefall...
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-08-2015, 12:21 AM)elephant_stone Wrote: Reckon this is how they will pan out - Killie A, Partick H, St Mirren H, Motherwell A and ( Hamilton H or Dundee A) not necessarily in that order...

With united beating hamilton yesterday the top and bottom six are just about set (killie need to beat aberdeen today then celtic on Wednesday to have any chance of sneaking in above dundee).

So as elephant_stone predicted we should have the following fixtures.

partick, hamilton and st mirren at Viccy Park

And away days to motherwell and killie.

If my memory serves me right there's usually one midweek fixture, I'd like it if one of our three home matches were under the floodlights.

I don't have a record of it, but I saw the fixtures panning out elsewhere as all being weekend matches.

Considering the potential headache with the Scottish Cup final and play-off final second leg on consecutive days, only having weekend fixtures would be mad.

Think the penultimate game is usually midweek before final game on the Saturday?

(04-12-2015, 10:21 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Think the penultimate game is usually midweek before final game on the Saturday?

That's what happened last season. In our first season we were of course in the top 6 and the last 5 games were 4 on Sundays and one on a Friday night.

Cant recall what happened last season, were the fixtures announced together with TV slots, or did we have to wait another couple of days while TV decided what they wanted?

(04-12-2015, 11:07 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Cant recall what happened last season, were the fixtures announced together with TV slots, or did we have to wait another couple of days while TV decided what they wanted?

Think we had a bit of a wait and both came out together, or certainly for the first 2-3 weeks.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Looking back at last seasons posts it looks like they came out in one go. It was a bit earlier than this year, date seemed to be 2 April or thereabouts.

The post split fixtures are all scheduled for Saturday, apart from the last week of fixtures(round 38) which are listed as Saturday/Sunday.
TV will obviously move some fixtures to Friday/Sunday perhaps Monday, but wouldn't have thought to midweek.

(04-12-2015, 12:04 PM)MayHam Wrote: The post split fixtures are all scheduled for Saturday, apart from the last week of fixtures(round 38) which are listed as Saturday/Sunday.
TV will obviously move some fixtures to Friday/Sunday perhaps Monday, but wouldn't have thought to midweek.

Don't know if it's relevant but we had one Mid week game last year.

Dates are here, but I suppose TV schedule will dictate changes:

APRIL 2015
Sat 25 Scottish Premiership fixture round 34

MAY 2015
Sat 2 Scottish Premiership fixture round 35
Sat 9 Scottish Premiership fixture round 36
Sat 16 Scottish Premiership fixture round 37
Sat/Sun 23/24 Scottish Premiership fixture round 38
Thurs 28 Scottish Premiership play-off final, 1st leg
Sun 31 Scottish Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg

http://spfl.co.uk/key-dates/

I suppose what will trigger midweek fixtures is, if the top 6/bottom 6 is not decided soon, ie if Kilmarnock win their next two games it will come down to goal difference with Dundee, who do not play Celtic until the 22nd April!

That's that bit sorted Killie lost to Aberdeen, so we know who's where in the split.

(04-12-2015, 12:06 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Dates are here, but I suppose TV schedule will dictate changes:
MAY 2015

Thurs 28 Scottish Premiership play-off final, 1st leg

http://spfl.co.uk/key-dates/

Fun fact: that's been moved to a Thursday night under UEFA orders not to clash with the Europa League Final the day before
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

It will not be possible for all the bottom six to get an even amount of home and away matches over the season. County, Motherwell, Hamilton and Kilmarnock will have played sixteen home games by the split. This means that one of these teams will only get two home matches post split.

Does anyone know if there are rules to decide who loses out?

(04-13-2015, 05:00 PM)Mijoir Wrote: It will not be possible for all the bottom six to get an even amount of home and away matches over the season. County, Motherwell, Hamilton and Kilmarnock will have played sixteen home games by the split. This means that one of these teams will only get two home matches post split.

Does anyone know if there are rules to decide who loses out?

Well we had 3 away last season so in the interest of fairness we should play Accies, Thistle and st Mirren at home this time around...