Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Fans Group Meeting.
(02-06-2015, 09:31 AM)Wicky Wrote: I'm a bit torn here. I am a big supporter of Roy and grateful for all he has done for the club in recent years. But I have mixed feelings about his latest funding undertakings if they have been properly reported. If they work, and keep us in the Premiership until we can find a sustainable business plan, great. But if they don't, experience should tell us that when the plug is eventually pulled the slide down the leagues will be more dramatic.

I hope that Roy is not abandoning his previous stated aim of establishing a firm sustainable base for the club. Any talk on that?

That's exactly what his message was. They had lost their way when they got promoted, concentrated on the stadium, signing policy was wrong etc. They've recognised that, planning has started for the long term, starting from identifying players as young as 8 or 9. Stevie has a structure in place to take them up to the development stage where Ketts takes over. Signing policy will change and budget is there if we do go down to keep us full time and focussed on coming back up.

I am reassured. Thanks S'52.

Based on size of club, support etc we have to accept that our natural level is second tier. We have punched above our weight since promotion to SPL. If we do go back down then I'd rather go back down financially stable and not implode like a Livi or Gretna.
Roy has done a fantastic job. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but those calling for Roy to go need to take a step back and consider the implications of this.
Do they expect a billionaire to come in an invest a shed load of cash? No chance.
Time to be realistic.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(02-06-2015, 09:39 AM)staggie52 Wrote: That's exactly what his message was. They had lost their way when they got promoted, concentrated on the stadium, signing policy was wrong etc. They've recognised that, planning has started for the long term, starting from identifying players as young as 8 or 9. Stevie has a structure in place to take them up to the development stage where Ketts takes over. Signing policy will change and budget is there if we do go down to keep us full time and focussed on coming back up.

Well said Staggie, our chair was open and honest,

(02-05-2015, 10:23 AM)Fleackeuy Wrote: Hmmm!
Not sure on that one.
Despite Yogi's best efforts, he/Caley failed to attract any new players during the transfer window.
County on the other hand, did sign some players.
Not your point, but to all the other negative posters and management.
We have to stop this "NONSENSICAL ATTITUDE” and thinking out loud, that players don't want to come here.
Ok, as another poster pointed out quote! (One or two players from the Central belt don't want to leave their Mammies).
Far from making negative quotes about “not wanting” to come here, we should be promoting why they “should want” to come here.
The plus points are there, low crime, no religious bigotry, (or very little), great countryside, good schools with very few problems.
There is an airport close by, oh and a railway station, and of course the A9 is due to be dual by 2025 (tongue in cheek)
As we all know, there were quite a few Dutch players here for a period, and appears as if most of them settled in ok.
I understand there are some players settled in locally, ok Ketts is now retired.
In the past, the good old days Fred Newton, Frank Thompson, they offered a great opportunity to a lot of players, ask any of the old timers, many of the players from that era are still living locally, most now retired.

Yep! lots of positives for the Highlands!
Was reliably informed that the schools are very good.
Dingwall Academy produced 7 students with 7 straight A's, 5 of them came from Dingwall Primary!

(02-06-2015, 10:46 PM)staggie34 Wrote: Based on size of club, support etc we have to accept that our natural level is second tier. We have punched above our weight since promotion to SPL. If we do go back down then I'd rather go back down financially stable and not implode like a Livi or Gretna.
Roy has done a fantastic job. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but those calling for Roy to go need to take a step back and consider the implications of this.
Do they expect a billionaire to come in an invest a shed load of cash? No chance.
Time to be realistic.

Could not agree more.

Remember before we were promoted the typical County fan (Myself included) believed that a 16 team top tier was our only chance at SPL football.

Time to lick our wounds and rebuild.

No such thing as a mistake if you learn a lesson from it.
Highlander29

Was there any word of a social club type thing?
Really think there's an opportunity there.

(02-07-2015, 09:28 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Was there any word of a social club type thing?
Really think there's an opportunity there.

No, but there was mention of extending facilities at the ground for a drink before and after the game. Roy said that they were happy with hospitality but had to realise not everyone can afford that. No details though. It was part of a continuing theme that they had lost contact with fans.

(02-07-2015, 09:00 AM)Son of Earl. Wrote: Could not agree more.

Remember before we were promoted the typical County fan (Myself included) believed that a 16 team top tier was our only chance at SPL football.

Time to lick our wounds and rebuild.

No such thing as a mistake if you learn a lesson from it.

Could not "DISAGREE MORE", Ross County are just as deserving to be in the SPL as any other club.
With the exception of Celtic, Aberdeen, (Hearts when they come back up), possibly Dundee Utd,(and Rangers if they get sorted out)
Ross County are almost on an even keel with the remainder. Do you honestly think the supporters of clubs like Saint Johnstone and Caley are thinking they belong in the lower divisions.
Ross County are in the SPL on merit, lets try and stay there.
With the exception of Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee Utd, possibly Hibs, all the remaining clubs are cable of nose diving, support wise, the big few clubs will always have at least double the support of all the remainder.
Look at Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup 2010, huge turn out, next home game 6,000.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

(02-07-2015, 12:29 PM)Cit Reath Wrote: Could not "DISAGREE MORE", Ross County are just as deserving to be in the SPL as any other club.
With the exception of Celtic, Aberdeen, (Hearts when they come back up), possibly Dundee Utd,(and Rangers if they get sorted out)
Ross County are almost on an even keel with the remainder. Do you honestly think the supporters of clubs like Saint Johnstone and Caley are thinking they belong in the lower divisions.
Ross County are in the SPL on merit, lets try and stay there.
With the exception of Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee Utd, possibly Hibs, all the remaining clubs are cable of nose diving, support wise, the big few clubs will always have at least double the support of all the remainder.
Look at Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup 2010, huge turn out, next home game 6,000.

100% agree - but we do need to sort our house out - it's a bit of a mess off the field at the moment - but if anyone can sort it - it'll be Roy!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

There's a great pretender at the club - the one who instigated Ranald's departure - pretending that the experience brought from his previous employment can benefit the club. We need footballing business people who are genuine and not just there for the Merc!

I admire the disagreement with my post above but without MacGregors money we would be a 1st division club. Yes in the SPL on merit but merit that is bank rolled.
Highlander29

(02-07-2015, 06:24 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote: I admire the disagreement with my post above but without MacGregors money we would be a 1st division club. Yes in the SPL on merit but merit that is bank rolled.

Agreed. There is no point in plunging the Club into financial meltdown just to achieve a top half SPL finish. If we do go back down, we need to be in good shape to bounce back up. I only wish we could have won a cup during our SPL stay.

(02-07-2015, 06:24 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote: I admire the disagreement with my post above but without MacGregors money we would be a 1st division club. Yes in the SPL on merit but merit that is bank rolled.

Agreed. There is no point in plunging the Club into financial meltdown just to achieve a top half SPL finish. If we do go back down, we need to be in good shape to bounce back up. I only wish we could have won a cup during our SPL stay.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Don't be fooled into thinking the club is a healthy financial position. Nothing could be further from the truth. And worse, it has no assets.

(02-07-2015, 04:51 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: There's a great pretender at the club - the one who instigated Ranald's departure - pretending that the experience brought from his previous employment can benefit the club. We need footballing business people who are genuine and not just there for the Merc!

Who are you referring to? From what I heard, was that Ranald wanted to leave so did. But who is driving the merc? I'm intrigued.