Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Accies v County
Tony Dingwall coming on......come on Tony score a goal and give us something to cheer!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

All I can say is thank goodness St Mirren are doing terrible to.

4-0 full time Jason Scotland

Come on County! still time!

We are rock bottom right now, but that's football. We all have to accept the highs and lows and this is part of supporting a team. We all chose to follow Ross County and no one said it would be easy so we all have to be patient and as long as we don't get down about where we are but instead see the uphill climb as a challenge and remain behind the team then I am sure we can turn this around.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(08-30-2014, 05:00 PM)Ed Wrote: I always try and post something positive after a game.
At least we wont lose next weekend.

Not so sure, we've arranged a friendly against the blind school!

Stay positive folks - yes it's hard, but we have to roll with the punches for now and hope that whoever is appointed gets things sorted. Lot of damage has been done and we have to now rectify things with the same squad - so we'll have to get on with it!

One word, shambles.
Actually not angry though, it was painful to watch. Could have been much worse.
Like lost sheep.
Hamilton tore through us time and time again.
Gutted for Fergie.
If you think the players were rejoicing at Adams being sacked, you would expect a reaction, but on that evidence they are in shock.
Break next weekend is a mercy, there is much to be sorted out at this club.
Positives, we'll soon be in Auchterarder for chips.

Totally agree Stuart, I think a lot of people thought that County would be an inspired team without Adams - WRONG!

(08-30-2014, 05:32 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Totally agree Stuart, I think a lot of people thought that County would be an inspired team without Adams - WRONG!

Well he would have gone tonight if it wasnt earlier in the week.

We need to sign tokely and munro again.
Even maclean was better than we have.

Oh dear! That was shockingly bad. We looked like a poor Championship team. No creativity whatsoever - Carey was badly missed. The marking by the full backs was at times all over the place, giving Hamilton acres of room and time. Frempah and Boyd did ok in the centre though. Mark Brown was our best player by a mile, and kept the score down a bit! Boyce didn't get much service, but seemed fairly static playing the sole man up front. Jervis is far more mobile and goes looking for the ball more. Willie Collum was hopeless as usual - as soon as anyone was touched or dived he gave a free kick - or penalty! He seemed to favour Hamilton, shall we say! However, we deserved to be soundly beaten today and we were. Not sure where we go from here, but it looks like we need an experienced manager who knows the Scottish game to tighten up the gaps. Perhaps Danny Lennon is the guy for the job after all. Depressing day even though the sun shone all afternoon. Onwards and... downwards?

Needs more than a new manager - serious loan players required for most areas to shore things up - we can't keep giving teams these amount of goals!

Team is simply not good enough and it's a huge task for someone to turn this around!

(08-30-2014, 06:57 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Needs more than a new manager - serious loan players required for most areas to shore things up - we can't keep giving teams these amount of goals!

Team is simply not good enough and it's a huge task for someone to turn this around!
Yes, and we need a new manager to do it Smile

(08-30-2014, 04:36 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: A rudderless ship. I'm genuinely concerned that County will get relegated then be content sitting in the Championship, doing nothing of note, but preaching about being a "community club". I'll openly admit it, I look enviously at ICT and St. Johnstone. Two clubs that are a similar size to County, yet they're streets ahead on the pitch.

Aye, have to say I find that line being trotted out every time we're going through some difficulty to be wearing a bit thin.

(08-30-2014, 07:11 PM)doninblue Wrote: Yes, and we need a new manager to do it Smile

Not enough time for a new manager and new players before window shuts someone at the club needs to get on the phone and get some players in and he can start by phoning Blackburn for Songo'o and I wouldn't mind Slew back he puts a shift in.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Listening to Roy today he definitely wants to stay in this league - we just need to hope that he gets the right man to turn things around!

Remember, Caley in season 2011 with the same squad as they have now went eight games without a win and were the last team to go five games unbeaten - they also survived that season and finished it strongly!

They are not streets ahead - they just have a settled side that has been together for three seasons! We had the same consistency with our first SPFL side, remember 40 odd games unbeaten, that team had to be replaced as some left, others were getting on.

It was always going to be tough, but George was adamant with the "one year contract" scenario which lost us a few players over the last two years.

Roy said today that he maybe has to offer longer contracts so that appears to be one of the differences between George and Roy.....it'll come good, but we may have a rocky road....we need to come out on mass for the Motherwell game and roar them to three points.

Stuff the sweetie rustlers, give it laldy and maybe, just maybe we'll get our first win!!!

First time I've managed to get to a game this season and a pretty appalling display it was. Its difficult to be sure about the quality of the players because as individuals they all had some good moments. But there was absolutely no cohesion to the team. It looked as if they had just meet up in the dressing room.

Defensively it was a shambles. I think the midfield were much more to blame than the back four. No-one tracked runners. Cardle, Brittan, Kiss and Quinn were all equally to blame. We've got to be hard to beat.

When we did mange to get hold of the ball we were clueless either dithering in possession or just lumping it forward. There was no communication. No-one looking for the ball.

Ironically I thought we were slightly better in the second half. We should have been well behind at half time.

I'm always wary of expecting too much from youngsters but have to say that Dingwall looked like he might be a player. Needs to be nurtured carefully though.

Hopefully the new manager will be able to bring a bit of order to the chaos.

It was a very painful experience sitting through this one. We were second best in every aspect and lacked any kind of leadership on the park. I was looking forward to seeing MDL and Boyce from the start but we had nothing up front, Carey was a big miss today IMO. After the past week maybe this kind of result was to be expected and the two week break can only do us good. I do believe the right manager can turn this around but it's going to take time and things will no doubt get worse before they get better.
Hear Me Roar!

(08-30-2014, 09:53 PM)Max Wrote: First time I've managed to get to a game this season and a pretty appalling display it was. Its difficult to be sure about the quality of the players because as individuals they all had some good moments. But there was absolutely no cohesion to the team. It looked as if they had just meet up in the dressing room.

Defensively it was a shambles. I think the midfield were much more to blame than the back four. No-one tracked runners. Cardle, Brittan, Kiss and Quinn were all equally to blame. We've got to be hard to beat.

When we did mange to get hold of the ball we were clueless either dithering in possession or just lumping it forward. There was no communication. No-one looking for the ball.

Ironically I thought we were slightly better in the second half. We should have been well behind at half time.

I'm always wary of expecting too much from youngsters but have to say that Dingwall looked like he might be a player. Needs to be nurtured carefully though.

Hopefully the new manager will be able to bring a bit of order to the chaos.

Been saying since pre-season that our problem is in midfield, everyone keeps pointing at our defence, but if you put pressure on any defence over a prolonged period it will collapse!

Fact is, Brittain, Quinn, Kiss, Cardle and to an extent Carey do not track back or close down who they are up against. We are too weak in midfield and it's been a problem since Lawson and Vigurs left! They were both very good at tracking back, and keeping tight to the runners!

I said to the guy standing beside me at the Clach pre-season game that we looked like headless chickens in midfield - it only sorted itself when Jordi Balk was put into midfield and sat in front of the back four!

As I've said earlier, maybe that is what is required to shore up the defence - sacrifice a midfielder to do the sitting role and break down opposition attacks, take the pressure of our back four! They are needing time to gel and learn each other's game, they are not getting this as they keep getting pressurised on the ball as there is no protection!

It may be that Quinn has to sacrifice his midfield role to allow Balk into the sitting midfield role as below:

-----------------------------------Brown-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quinn-----------------Frempah--------------Boyd-----------------Celcer
-------------------------------------Balk-----------------------------------
De Leeuw-------------Brittain---------------Carey-----------------Cardle
------------------------------------Arquin----------------------------------

Subs: Jervis, Boyce, Kiss, Maatsen, Dingwall, Latouchent, Reguero

I know people want to see 4-4-2 with two up front, but I really don't think we are good enough and way too open at the moment, shore things up at the back and we may get some points!

Complete and utter shambles today. I felt really sorry for Fergie. He looked a lost sole on the touch line. The Board cannot escape criticism for where we are. The feud with the Adams has been running on for a year or more and if they had to go they should have gone in the summer and somebody new brought in to build a new team. You would wonder who would want the challenge of trying to make a team out of the players we currently have.
Will continue to make the 350 mile round trips to watch the team and support them through this but we cannot be blind to the position we now find ourselves in on and of the pitch.