Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Match of the Season St J
Gawd Ive missed competitive football & I'm sick of reasding about little but the OF.

St J at home perhaps without Stevie May and perhaps a European Hangover but they are ahead of us in terms of match fitness.

The County squad is assembled (I still want 1 more hard midfielder) Melvin D is fit, no red cards in the friendlies, pigs are fueled and ready to fly seems like we're good to go Big Grin I feel so positive about this campaign Big GrinBig Grin
Predictions please Ladies & Gents.
Reguero
Fenlon Boyd Dreesen Celcer
Balk
De Leeuw Brittain Kiss (or Carey) Carey (or Cardle)
Arquin

2 - 1 County

May well start with Saunders at RB, Fenlon looks a wee bit short on fitness - but do think it could be 4-1-4-1 - possibly Cardle on the left - Carey also hasn't had much pre-season.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(08-06-2014, 07:43 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: May well start with Saunders at RB, Fenlon looks a wee bit short on fitness - but do think it could be 4-1-4-1 - possibly Cardle on the left - Carey also hasn't had much pre-season.

Get my moans in early Steven Saunders is not a fullback.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

We have a good squad I think we can do well we need to do our bit on sunday by getting behind the boys MON THE COUNTY

I know Saunders isn't a fullback - but Fenlon for me is a bit short on fitness as is Carey and Kiss, may be the following that starts:

Reguero

Saunders
Boyd
Dreesen
Celcer

Balk

De Leeuw
Brittain
Quinn
Cardle

Arquin

Subs: Kiss, Carey, Jervis, Boyce, Fenlon, Maatsen, Brown

Kiss more or less had a full pre-season at Cardiff, he'll start at the weekend.

My ideal line-up would be:

Reguero
Fenlon Boyd Dreesen Celcer
Brittain Balk Kiss Carey
De Leeuw
Arquin

Subs: Brown, Saunders, Latouchent, Quinn, Jervis, Cardle, Boyce

I doubt Carey will start though.

One thing that is obvious is the options DA has now - can't wait!!

Photo 
No it looks like a good job has been done on the signings. If the starting 11 have got to know one another's game,
if everyone fully understands and carries their jobs on the pitch,
if St J are a bit below par from Euro-exertions and
Stevie May goes to Rotherham before Sunday:

County 2 - 1 St Johnstone. (Kiss, Brittain; McLean.)
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Reguero
Fenlon Boyd balk latouchent
Cardle brittain kiss de leeuw
Arquin or Carey
Arquin or Boyce
County till I die

I reckon Adams will go with this; not what I'd like to see but I expect that XI to lineup on Sunday.

Reguero

Saunders Boyd Dreeson Cecler

Brittain Quinn

Arquin - De Leeuw - Cardle

Jervis

Predict 3-0 to County. 2 for RB and one for MDL.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

I see a lot of people are saying they would like Arquin up there on his own I think 2 strikers is better than 1

Is there a bus from Inverness on sunday?

(08-07-2014, 11:29 AM)IDW16 Wrote: I reckon Adams will go with this; not what I'd like to see but I expect that XI to lineup on Sunday.

Reguero

Brittain Quinn

Jervis

Actually I think you will be pretty close with that starting lineup...it'll be interesting to see what the team lines are on Sunday!

Think we should have a whip round for the person that get the team right for Saturday. Going to be interesting.

Well, that Stevie May confirmed as signing for Sheffield Wed - glad we won't be dealing with him tomorrow!

I'm going to go with the following - Quinn reported as having an ankle knock, so I think it may be:

Reguero

Brittain Balk

Jervis

Subs: Boyce, Carey, Fenlon, Kiss, Frempah, Maatsen, Brown

[Image: ConsiderateScornfulIndri.gif]

Apropos of nothing, I stumbled across the highlights for this match when searching for something else, but it reminded me just how quickly Ross County could up the tempo. Lawson and Vigurs had such a great understanding. The quick switch got the best out of Quinn, too, who could press high up the park.

County scored from that move, with Vigurs beating Dillon and standing up the cross for Sproule to head. It makes me pine a little for what we had in the second half of 2013.

But it also makes me optimistic for the future, because we saw some of Balk's switches in play in the pre-season friendlies and how effective they can be. He didn't play any first-time balls behind the defence first-time with his weaker foot, but he did play some outrageously accurate balls (and I didn't see an overhit one) behind the defence for people to get on to, when he was given the time to lift his head.

Vigurs was imperious in taking someone on 1v1 and County have several players capable of doing that now to varying degrees: Cardle, de Leeuw, Carey, Arquin and Maatsen could all benefit hugely from Balk's vision and that's why the 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 shape, with de Leeuw and Arquin flanking, seems to me to be the ideal way to play to the strengths. I just hope Balk is able to go up a gear when it comes to the Premiership.

----------------------------
Reguero

Fenlon Boyd Dreeson Celcer

Balk

Brittain Kiss

Arquin Boyce de Leeuw

----------------------------

That's not the team I expect to start tomorrow - I expect something similar to the starting XI against Utrecht, maybe with Kiss coming straight in - but it could be something to gear towards in the future.

I wonder if the weather may be a huge factor in this match. Weather warnings issued.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Hope we start with Mark Brown in goal - Reguero on bench.

(08-09-2014, 08:14 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Hope we start with Mark Brown in goal - Reguero on bench.

Hope we don't.