Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 1.79 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
(05-28-2021, 12:58 PM)Johnr Wrote: What a strange comment to make, you, not Vigurs that is.

Why should he keep it inhouse??? 
He had every right to speak to the press about the situation. I'm pretty sure he didn't need to go running to the press. They would have been on the blower soon as they heard asking him for his opinion and he gave it. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

So the club should have no accountability for how they treat employees they no longer wish to keep?? Roy should have been there in person full stop. No excuses. Zoom calls to tell players they aren't wanted anymore, pathetic. Wait until you can speak to that player in person, travel to him if you have to. It's called respect.

Fair point, perhaps i should have worded it better, my apologies.

(05-28-2021, 12:52 PM)sheltie79 Wrote: Its a shame Vigurs went running to the press rather than speak to the club directly about his grievances and kept it in house. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/f...yers-zoom/

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...uad-update

" Our Chairman will be paying his own tribute to the departing players independently. "
Kept it in house?!
He’s just been told to leave the house in an entirely undignified manner  along with club legend Michael Gardyne. As the club captain I don’t blame him in the slightest for standing up for his mates and querying the “family club” mantra which is regular spouted. No wonder John Hughes made a sharp exit.

(05-28-2021, 01:07 PM)sheltie79 Wrote: Fair point, perhaps i should have worded it better, my apologies.

I honestly just think it all could have been handled a lot better, with a bit more finesse, now the club is in the papers for all the wrong reasons this week.

(05-28-2021, 01:10 PM)Polarbare Wrote: Kept it in house?!
He’s just been told to leave the house in an entirely undignified manner  along with club legend Michael Gardyne. As the club captain I don’t blame him in the slightest for standing up for his mates and querying the “family club” mantra which is regular spouted. No wonder John Hughes made a sharp exit.

100% agreed.

(05-28-2021, 01:10 PM)Polarbare Wrote: Kept it in house?!

Sorry mate, in retrospect i got it wrong. 

Club statement from Roy 

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...ng-players

During our End of Season Show, I spoke about the importance of people and how big a role people play in success. Today I want to highlight some of the people departing us that have made our journey as successful, enjoyable and memorable as it has been over more than a decade.
Firstly, Michael Gardyne & Iain Vigurs. If we look at our watershed moment in 2010, when we reached the Scottish Cup final, both of those players contributed massively to what was both a cause and a moment of history for Ross County and the Highlands. Equally, they would both play pivotal roles in our promotion to the Premiership for the first time in our history in 2012 and then in regaining our Premiership status in 2019. Michael would also be part of the team that brought the Scottish League Cup success in 2016, a day that will never be forgotten.
Within both Michael & Iain there is strong character, passion and strength- attributes that are so important within a person, and attributes that for over 15 years Ross County has had at its luxury through both of these players.
When we look at Ross County, whether it be today, next year or in 10 years’ time, Michael and Iain will still be at the forefront of our minds for the memories they have created for us on the field- Michael as our record appearance holder and goal scorer, Iain as a Club Captain and his 239 appearances. Both of them have so much to be proud of from their time here in Dingwall.
I am sure that every fan will echo me in simply relaying two words to both Iain and Michael, ‘Thank You’.
I would finally like to pay tribute to Callum Morris, Billy Mckay, Ross Draper, Jason Naismith, Jermaine Hylton, Carl Tremarco, Tony Andreu & Mohamed Maouche. Jason has had two spells here whilst Callum, Billy & Ross were integral parts of regaining our Premiership status in 2019 which was vital for our club.
Everybody mentioned has contributed to our club on our journey, and we wish them all every success in their next chapter.

(05-28-2021, 01:50 PM)sheltie79 Wrote: Sorry mate, in retrospect i got it wrong. 

Club statement from Roy 

During our End of Season Show, I spoke about the importance of people and how big a role people play in success. Today I want to highlight some of the people departing us that have made our journey as successful, enjoyable and memorable as it has been over more than a decade.
Firstly, Michael Gardyne & Iain Vigurs. If we look at our watershed moment in 2010, when we reached the Scottish Cup final, both of those players contributed massively to what was both a cause and a moment of history for Ross County and the Highlands. Equally, they would both play pivotal roles in our promotion to the Premiership for the first time in our history in 2012 and then in regaining our Premiership status in 2019. Michael would also be part of the team that brought the Scottish League Cup success in 2016, a day that will never be forgotten.
Within both Michael & Iain there is strong character, passion and strength- attributes that are so important within a person, and attributes that for over 15 years Ross County has had at its luxury through both of these players.
When we look at Ross County, whether it be today, next year or in 10 years’ time, Michael and Iain will still be at the forefront of our minds for the memories they have created for us on the field- Michael as our record appearance holder and goal scorer, Iain as a Club Captain and his 239 appearances. Both of them have so much to be proud of from their time here in Dingwall.
I am sure that every fan will echo me in simply relaying two words to both Iain and Michael, ‘Thank You’.
I would finally like to pay tribute to Callum Morris, Billy Mckay, Ross Draper, Jason Naismith, Jermaine Hylton, Carl Tremarco, Tony Andreu & Mohamed Maouche. Jason has had two spells here whilst Callum, Billy & Ross were integral parts of regaining our Premiership status in 2019 which was vital for our club.
Everybody mentioned has contributed to our club on our journey, and we wish them all every success in their next chapter.

Thanks  for sharing that.
I have to admit, that I actually read it previously.
However with all the accusations, counter arguments etc. I thought, ach I’ll just leave that one out.
It’s precisely the the point I made previously, we have to stick to the facts.
I appreciate the anger, discomfort that supporters are feeling right now.
And, it’s not always easy to quickly read an article and take it all in.
Note, the P & J has it’s take from Ian Vigurs.
The Sun has portrayed him as “Raging”
Therefore, as it stands, is it safe to say that the Chairman did speak to the players, and that most of them were taken in individually by the Chief Executive?

(05-28-2021, 01:50 PM)sheltie79 Wrote: Sorry mate, in retrospect i got it wrong. 

Club statement from Roy 

It's a nice sentiment, but i think it would have meant so much to the likes of midge and vigurs if he had said it to them in person. You could tell by what Vigurs said in the press that he and the boys were hurting by how it went down. I feel that this won't remedy the bad feelings left by the whole situation. 

Oh well time to move on, i feel the club have a distance growing between fans and club that needs to be addressed, before it loses all community to it.

Yes, we're all gutted at not getting to see gardyne, vigurs, Naismith etc next season and the way the club have managed things.
From the club point of view and the video call to gardyne, perhaps they thought it best it had to be done that way as he wasn't going to be there until the next day.
From a personal point of view I'd prefer it that way and hear it from my employers rather than hear it from someone else first.
The club could redeem themselves here if they were to announce a testimonial for gardyne once fans are fully allowed back into grounds, a rerun with players from both clubs from the Scottish cup final would be great and a fitting tribute.
I don't think I'll hold my breath, though.

Ok, a lot of seethe here, but let’s look at facts.
All the players who were released were out of contract, and the majority were in their “later “years.
Contracts are a way of life for footballers, which they can take advantage of,and unfortunately for some lose out on.
The team that is getting broken up, had us skirting too close to relegation.
I brought up the Zoom call that was made to Gardyne, which I was not happy with, to, a friend down south,but he said in this day and age Zoom is acceptable, as a) he was in Dundee and b) if they waited until he came back up,then told him,would that not be worse?
A question to everyone, if we had been relegated, would there have been the same criticism ?Just a thought.

(05-28-2021, 08:35 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Ok, a lot of seethe here, but let’s look at facts.
All the players who were released were out of contract, and  the majority were in their “later “years.
Contracts are a way of life for footballers, which they can take advantage of,and  unfortunately for some lose out on.
The team that is getting broken up, had us skirting too close to relegation.
I brought up the Zoom call that was made to Gardyne,  which I was not happy with, to, a friend down south,but he said in this day and age Zoom is acceptable, as a) he was in Dundee and b) if they waited until he came back up,then told him,would that not be worse?
A question to everyone, if we had been relegated, would there have been the same criticism ?Just a thought.

Can’t disagree with that Tattie.
I can understand the MM argument, people are upset by that.
Over the last few weeks on here, posters, supporters, writing the following, keep, punt, worth a shot, maybe, and so on.
Others wanted a complete new squad.
Oh! And a new Manager, get rid of Yogi, we didn’t want him in the first place.
In the end, good job we did get him.
And to be honest, most of the squad were struggling at SPL level.
So! What was the option?
Keep them all for sentimental reasons, and face the same again this season.
And of course, there will be hurting from the players.
I liked Michael, Vigurs, Draper, Mackay, in fact  I praised them, supported them on many occasions, when others were giving them pelters.
I was not going to throw this one up.
But here goes, the club stuck by some players, supported them through injury and incident.
Don’t forget p...gate, the incident on the aircraft on the way to a break paid for by the Directors.
Foxgate.
And the club defended Michael when he was wrongly accused.
A few of them have down very well.
Wish them all the best.

I have worked on Teams meetings, whole days, weeks of work from distance through it.

Yes vigurs and gardyne are legends but remember they were quick enough to jump ship when Motherwell and Dundee united came calling , wish them all the best and hope midge gets a testimonial but it was the correct time to move on and the chairman has now come out and shown thanks

On the bright side, we've all seen how ruthless mcgregor can be.
If big Malky doesn't deliver, he'll be doon the road quicker than Owen Coyle, willie macstay, dick Campbell, John Robertson etc.

(05-28-2021, 09:28 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Yes vigurs and gardyne are legends but remember they were quick enough to jump ship when Motherwell and Dundee united came calling 

This is a bit disingenuous IMO. Both of these moves were significant steps up in stature (and no doubt remuneration) at the time the moves were made- Motherwell had just finished 2nd in the league when Vigurs signed for them!

A legitimate footballing case can be made for the departures of Vigurs and Gardyne, however if either MacGregor and/or Mackay had bothered to make themselves available for a proper conversation surrounding their release then this is a non-story. Yet another PR mis-step from the club in a week that's been full of them
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(05-28-2021, 10:44 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: This is a bit disingenuous IMO. Both of these moves were significant steps up in stature (and no doubt remuneration) at the time the moves were made- Motherwell had just finished 2nd in the league when Vigurs signed for them!

A legitimate footballing case can be made for the departures of Vigurs and Gardyne, however if either MacGregor and/or Mackay had bothered to make themselves available for a proper conversation surrounding their release then this is a non-story. Yet another PR mis-step from the club in a week that's been full of them
I think this gets back to my case about contracts.

(05-28-2021, 10:44 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: This is a bit disingenuous IMO. Both of these moves were significant steps up in stature (and no doubt remuneration) at the time the moves were made- Motherwell had just finished 2nd in the league when Vigurs signed for them!

You’re bang on.  Ross County PR has always been horrific. Roy doesn’t do PR, and when he does it’s too late and frankly too pish.

The club did this last time as well, hence the likes of Foster being so upset. As I recall Boydie’s departure wasn’t well managed, although he at least eventually had a testimonial.
This way of doing things would appear to be the hallmark of Mr. McGregor. He has done wonderful things for our club, but this style of flippancy, especially when we are talking about club legends, is a slur on County that needs addressing.

Any news on spittal, Watson , Munro? I wonder if they're reluctant to sign up, given what has just happened at the club?

(05-31-2021, 08:52 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Any news on spittal, Watson , Munro?  I wonder if they're reluctant to sign up, given what has just happened at the club?

not heard anything , mind boggling we offered watson a deal but not Naismith , spittal is the only one I’m really bothered about keeping but happy to keep the 3 as long as Ross Munro goes out on loan to develop further

(05-29-2021, 02:14 PM)cdam Wrote: The club did this last time as well, hence the likes of Foster being so upset. As I recall Boydie’s departure wasn’t well managed, although he at least eventually had a testimonial.
This way of doing things would appear to be the hallmark of Mr. McGregor.  He has done wonderful things for our club, but this style of flippancy, especially when we are talking about club legends, is a slur on County that needs addressing.

Its just got Oil and Gas all over it, having worked for big companies in the industry this is generally how they do thier business to workers, and thats probably how he views player deals, with a ruthless streak, lacking compassion.

The fact we didn't even sound out Naismith for a new contract is beyond negligence.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/f...unty-zoom/

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...-with-joma

New kit kit supplier.