Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 1.79 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
Big shock that tbh

Vigurs, Naismith, Morris, tremarco, Andreu, maouche and hylton are all away as well, that's 10 now.
Really disappointed that Naismith wasn't offered a new deal.

In discussions with Watson, spittal and Ross Munro, really hope spittal stays.

Naismith? Holy moly

(05-27-2021, 06:38 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Vigurs, Naismith, Morris, tremarco, Andreu, maouche and hylton are all away as well, that's 10 now.
Really disappointed that Naismith wasn't offered a new deal

Looks like the club have decided not to offer anyone who would have been on the higher end of the wage bill. Big rebuild required, that's the spine of the team and experience gone. Replacing those players with better quality will not come easy or cheaply given the clubs location. Interesting to see how recruitment goes.

Only players signed up for next season are laidlaw, Randall, lacovetti, Donaldson, grivosti, Paton, tillson, Charles-cook, white and shaw, there's a couple there who wouldn't have been missed, losing Naismith is a huge blow.
Hope grivosti can put his injury worries behind him and show our defence how it's done.

Who'd have thought Malky Mackay lacked any decent morals, what a shocker.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...e-respect/

(05-28-2021, 03:09 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Who'd have thought Malky Mackay lacked any decent morals, what a shocker.

I would say by this report the main criticism is toward the club, Steven Ferguson and Roy MacGregor and the way it was done, not totally directed against MM.

(05-28-2021, 03:09 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Who'd have thought Malky Mackay lacked any decent morals, what a shocker.

I have to say this reads very poorly with regard to what would be expected of our family and community club. We seem to be losing the plot, I refer to a previous post I made about this under keep, punt or whatever it was headed.

05-22-2021, 09:08 AM 

Personally I dislike this sort of line, treating guys who, in the main, have given their best sometimes under dubious instruction. They have hopes and feelings and should not be treated like pieces of meat.

Whilst the reality is that several players have not fitted in this season and will need to ply their trade elsewhere we must trust that the management team who train them daily will know who they are and treat them fairly.

Come on Ross County - get a grip!!

(05-28-2021, 09:09 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote:  
I have to say this reads very poorly with regard to what would be expected of our family and community club. We seem to be losing the plot,

That's the issue, fair enough don't offer them a new deal but do it face to face. It can be argued Gardyne is our greatest player of all time, and to do that to the lad, it's abysmal. 

An end to a horrendous week.

Dear me, that is absolutely appalling!  Since the new manager obviously made the these decisions, he should have had the courage to communicate them to the players.  That is not the best of starts!  Let's hope he knows what he is doing?

(05-28-2021, 07:37 AM)tattiedave Wrote: I would say by this report the main criticism is toward the club, Steven Ferguson and Roy MacGregor and the way it was done, not totally directed against MM.

Tattie, I would say you are correct.
Take the MM baggage out if the equation just for five minutes, ok a minute.
There is no way he would have had time to go through all that.
Furthermore, up until last night, he has not set foot in Victoria Park.
Which leads me to think this was already planned.
Personally, I do not like to see anyone get paid off, however, in football it’s almost a certainty at some stage in life.
Wish them all the best, hopefully and most of them should be at other clubs soon.

(05-28-2021, 09:30 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: That's the issue, fair enough don't offer them a new deal but do it face to face. It can be argued Gardyne is our greatest player of all time, and to do that to the lad, it's abysmal. 

An end to a horrendous week.
Agreed. It’s bad enough that the club waffle on about “community “ without articulating what that means in reality, it’s now apparent that they don’t show any respect to those who were directly employed by them. Midge released over Zoom is despicable and completely unforgivable. I first watched County in the 60’s and this week’s events have made it very difficult to stay onboard. The Chairman must come out with explanations next week as he has taken misreading the room to new levels.

This has really been the icing on the cake. I can't but feel that Roy is stepping away from his responsibilities, he should have been there in person to shake the hands of the players that kept his club up, wished them all the best, and explained why he had come to his decisions.

Vigurs and Midge are probably two of the best players to have pulled on the shirt, they gave their everything for the club. Unfortunately the club and Roy especially have shown absolutely no class whatsoever in handling this situation.

The club is acting in the complete opposite manner of what it claims to be. Shameful.

(05-28-2021, 11:07 AM)Johnr Wrote: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...e-respect/

This has really been the icing on the cake. I can't but feel that Roy is stepping away from his responsibilities, he should have been there in person to shake the hands of the players that kept his club up, wished them all the best, and explained why he had come to his decisions. 

Vigurs and Midge are probably two of the best players to have pulled on the shirt, they gave their everything for the club. Unfortunately the club and Roy especially have shown absolutely no class whatsoever in handling this situation.

The club is acting in the complete opposite manner of what it claims to be. Shameful.

Johnr
Please don’t take this as criticism or having a go at you.
But read the article in the P&J
Quote! “They took us in one by one” and actually had the cheek to call some by Zoom. Like Michael Gardyne, the most decorated Ross County player there has ever been.

Therefore, the club will come out and say, we did speak to as many as possible, and use the Zoom as an excuse.
Do I think it was an appropriate way to say goodbye to Michael Gardyne?
Absolutely not .
Ian Vigurs will go down for me as one of the most gifted players we have seen in recent times, I just wish we could have held on to him, therefore very disappointed to see him released.
Good to see so many people coming out in support of the players, Vigurs in particular, who was subject to some serious criticism on this site by some individuals.

(05-28-2021, 11:29 AM)MOGO Wrote: Good to see so many people coming out in support of the players, Vigurs in particular, who was subject to some serious criticism on this site by some individuals.

It doesn't matter if it is players, the kit man or the tea lady. It isn't how you conduct business. The club acting like this has a negative effect overall.

(05-28-2021, 11:56 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: It doesn't matter if it is players, the kit man or the tea lady. It isn't how you conduct business. The club acting like this has a negative effect overall.

Look, I am not disagreeing with many aspects here.
But, here is my input/take on that latest one.
As you know, occasionally we have Supporters meetings with the club, Chairman etc.
What we don’t want is Supporters shouting their mouth off at issues that are not correct.
In this latest one, a Supporter has stated the club should have spoken to them one by one.
Reading Ian Vigurs comments in the P & J, it would appear that they did speak to the players.
Any other issues, then each individual has the right to voice their concerns with the club.
But, it has to be done in the correct manner and stick to the facts.

(05-28-2021, 12:07 PM)MOGO Wrote: As you know, occasionally we have Supporters meetings with the club, Chairman etc.

What do they actually achieve though? Having been to numerous over the years, most people that attend use them as a chance to ask questions like "why don't we serve macaroni pies anymore?" or "is there enough budget to sign Messi". It is very rare that MacGregor or others are actually asked pressing questions. Which in fairness might be because on the whole we haven't had a great deal to moan about.

On a similar note, what I have found to be incredibly disappointing is the lack of communication from the current SLO. There was an initial tweet on the morning on the appointment, but apart from that we have heard nothing. I can only imagine how hot his inbox is at the moment, but as a go between for the supporters and the club I would have hoped there would be at least an update. Even if it is simply "I have raised concerns to the club, yet to have any feedback" that is fine, but let people know what is happening.

(05-28-2021, 11:29 AM)MOGO Wrote: Johnr
Please don’t take this as criticism or having a go at you.
But read the article in the P&J
Quote! “They took us in one by one” and actually had the cheek to call some by Zoom. Like Michael Gardyne, the most decorated Ross County player there has ever been.

Therefore, the club will come out and say, we did speak to as many as possible, and use the Zoom as an excuse.
Do I think it was an appropriate way to say goodbye to Michael Gardyne?
Absolutely not .
Ian Vigurs will go down for me as one of the most gifted players we have seen in recent times, I just wish we could have held on to him, therefore very disappointed to see him released.
Good to see so many people coming out in support of the players, Vigurs in particular, who was subject to some serious criticism on this site by some individuals.

Yeah sorry, i know they were called into the club, but i probably should have been more clear, i think Roy should have been there also in person. That is what I was meaning to convey in my post. The chairman should have been there, not just Stephen Ferguson. For Roy not to be there in person to see these players off is what I have issue with. Very disrespectful to these long serving players.

Its a shame Vigurs went running to the press rather than speak to the club directly about his grievances and kept it in house. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/f...yers-zoom/

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...uad-update

" Our Chairman will be paying his own tribute to the departing players independently. "

(05-28-2021, 12:52 PM)sheltie79 Wrote: Its a shame Vigurs went running to the press rather than speak to the club directly about his grievances and kept it in house. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/f...yers-zoom/
What a strange comment to make, you, not Vigurs that is.

Why should he keep it inhouse??? 
He had every right to speak to the press about the situation. I'm pretty sure he didn't need to go running to the press. They would have been on the blower soon as they heard asking him for his opinion and he gave it. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

So the club should have no accountability for how they treat employees they no longer wish to keep?? Roy should have been there in person full stop. No excuses. Zoom calls to tell players they aren't wanted anymore, pathetic. Wait until you can speak to that player in person, travel to him if you have to. It's called respect.