Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hibs - Tuesday 6th May.
Just over an hour to go for possibly the most important game in County's history, all they have to do is go out and believe in themselves and not panic, this Hibs team is there for the taking as long as there is a strong ref who'll not put up with Butchers negative tactics we'll be alright.
All we have to do is turn up and support the team no matter who plays and in what formation!!

C'mon the County......onwards and upwards!!

Yoann arquinn in for graham Carey the only change. Come on county we can do this!

Line ups:

Ross County

01 Brown
02 Cikos
05 Boyd
11 De Leeuw
03 Gordon
28 Songo'o
08 Brittain
04 Kettlewell
25 Slew
27 Arquin
07 Kiss

Substitutes

10 Quinn
14 Maatsen
16 Cooper
20 Fraser
21 McLean
23 Carey
26 Oikonomou

Hibernian

01 Williams
18 Maybury
16 Stevenson
10 Craig
03 McGivern
19 Handling
07 Harris
08 Robertson
35 Cummings
26 Stanton
23 Forster

Substitutes

06 McPake
11 Cairney
14 Collins
17 Tudur Jones
21 Murdoch
22 Watmore
33 Haynes

Ref: John Beaton

(From BBC's Website)

Glad Arquin is back in. Should make our approach more positive. Go for it lads!

1-0 after Richie Penalty! Now to hang on!

Staggies stay up! Well done Richie and the lads! Jeez it's nervy listening on the radio. Smile
We can all enjoy Partick now!

Yes! Well done all. 3 years of SPL is more than what I expected when we were promoted.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

My blackout failed when my phone gave me the half-time alert. Forgot to switch it off...

Anyway, that's a brilliant result. The fans can relax on Saturday and hopefully Adams gives a couple of fringe players (like Maatsen and notable performers in the under-20s) a runout, even if it is just for 15-20 minutes.

That said, a win on Saturday and County could still finish 7th. The aim should be for 7th/8th, and ultimately I don't think any of us would have moaned about that placing at the start of the season, even if the process has been hellish at times.

(05-06-2014, 09:53 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: My blackout failed when my phone gave me the half-time alert. Forgot to switch it off...

Anyway, that's a brilliant result. The fans can relax on Saturday and hopefully Adams gives a couple of fringe players (like Maatsen and notable performers in the under-20s) a runout, even if it is just for 15-20 minutes.

That said, a win on Saturday and County could still finish 7th. The aim should be for 7th/8th, and ultimately I don't think any of us would have moaned about that placing at the start of the season, even if the process has been hellish at times.

I couldn't care much less where we finish now - to be safe for another season is an incredible relief!

I'd be quite happy for Partick to win tomorrow night. Both teams being safe would set up a really enjoyable, relaxed game/party on Saturday! Plus, there's the bonus of potentially not needing to make a trip to Kilmarnock next season.

So happy, just about deserved the result and what passion from Rick Brittain at the end

YAAAASSSSS! And I got to shake Arquin's hand and the end - he ran his heart out tonight - nervy end to the game, we sat too deep at times and that did nothing for my blood pressure - but who gives a sh1t - we are safe!!!!

Ya beauty!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Anyone who has previously said that the loan players don't care only had to observe the scenes on the pitch tonight. Delighted to avoid the play-offs, now to look to next year.

Firstly a huge well done to Derek and the team. You all deserve a huge amount of credit for what you have achieved this season. We are a small team at the edge of Scottish football and we have once again held our own against the more established sides in the top flight of Scottish football.

What a terrific night, it was more like a cup tie as the second half wore on with the game flowing one way then the other. Some of the play wasn't pretty at times but both teams seemed determined not to lose.
It got noisy with 10-15 minutes to go and the supporters did all they could to cheer the side over the finish line. The scenes at the end with the players celebrating was great to see.
Some players will have possibly played their last game for the club tonight. Just want to say thanks to all of you for keeping us in the SPFL.
Onwards and upwards we go.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

PHEW! Well done guys. All played their hearts out and Boydy is a tower of strength! Nuff said...........
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Glad that's over top marks to Richie Brittain big set taking that penalty.

Will admit I thought we were for the drop this season.

Congratulations to the players who helped keep us up good luck to those who will return to their parent clubs.

Songo'o for the World Cup great player.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

I'm just relieved we're not having to go up against 10 goal Accies in a playoff!
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Seeing Kiss throw himself into a pile of Hibs boots for the diving header to clear our penalty box showed they were really up for this tonight and deserved the rewards!

Good luck to any of the guys who are heading back to their parent clubs - thank you!

Songo'o - what a player!!!!!!

The feeling of elation at the final whistle almost made the trauma of the last few weeks worthwhile.

Great all round commitment but a special word for Captain Courageous stepping up to the plate when it came to the penalty.

Yep, very brave young man our Captain!

Yess we have another season to play agants the big teams a well done to Richie Brittain who as gone to hell and back this season both on and off the park who is in the 50 goal club and a well done to Mark Brown who made his 50th app for the club tonight well done to the rest of the players and to the all the other staff at the club and to us fans its been a long hard season and I for one am looking forward to the times a head MON THE STAGGIES