Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hibs - Tuesday 6th May.
I'd have Dingwall and possibly MacLeod on the bench tomorrow night in case things are looking dodgy - throw them both on and see what they can do.....no worse than the youngsters at Hearts and other clubs!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Great idea. The most important game of the season, so let's throw on 2 untested U20s. Why not try Billy Ferries at left back while we're at it.

(05-05-2014, 10:47 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Great idea. The most important game of the season, so let's throw on 2 untested U20s. Why not try Billy Ferries at left back while we're at it.

Surely if we are chasing the game though it would be more beneficial to play Tony Dingwall upfront than Brian Mclean ??

I would go with Arquin and Slew in a more attack minded 4-4-2 formation. They have a good understanding and given their physicality (6ft.3 and 6ft. 2.5) they would cause the makeshift Hibs defence all sorts of problems. MDL to be brought on later in the game to stretch the Hibs defence - if fit.

Would also bring Iko back in to LB and would opt for a midfield four of RB, PK, MT and GC (injuries dependent).

Hibs were a few minutes away from their seventh straight league defeat on Saturday and have thereby only picked up a single point from the 21 that was available. They are the lowest scorers in the premiership this season. In addition they have only scored three goals in their last twelve hours of league football.

Would also like to see more urgency, drive, closing down and commitment from the County team that were in Paisley Saturday just gone.

Given the above I cannot see any reason why County cannot get the prize win against Hibs……..

I have not felt so excited or nervous about a match since the cup final. This single game has the potential to define not just this season but many seasons to come.

Everybody, players, coaches and fans have to be up for it and pulling together for the entire 90 minutes. Butcher has a poor record in Dingwall, let's keep it that way.

(05-06-2014, 04:50 AM)Brora Boy Wrote: I have not felt so excited or nervous about a match since the cup final. This single game has the potential to define not just this season but many seasons to come.

Everybody, players, coaches and fans have to be up for it and pulling together for the entire 90 minutes. Butcher has a poor record in Dingwall, let's keep it that way.

Hibs have won every game in Dingwall,So that's the Butcher theory out of the window. personally I think we have to be more adventurous. go for a win instead of setting up not to lose.we are better going forward against the poorest Hibs team in years.

(05-05-2014, 09:51 PM)gudgie67 Wrote:
(05-05-2014, 08:43 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: It seems Arquin is going to turn up this time, he is tweeting about it being an important game!

I do not condone his behaviour but he must start tomorrow.

Absolutely.
Slew puts in a shift but doesn't look as though he would score in a barrel of fannies. The 2 of them together hopefully will do ok tonight.
I dunno if Melvin would be better coming on in the 2nd half, when the game is possibly more stretched, he looked exhausted on Saturday.

We need the same fight and desire tonight like we did a few years ago in the quarter final !!!!!!!!!
If we turn up with this it is ours for the taking
County till I die

(05-06-2014, 01:51 AM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: I would go with Arquin and Slew in a more attack minded 4-4-2 formation. They have a good understanding and given their physicality (6ft.3 and 6ft. 2.5) they would cause the makeshift Hibs defence all sorts of problems. MDL to be brought on later in the game to stretch the Hibs defence - if fit.

Would also bring Iko back in to LB and would opt for a midfield four of RB, PK, MT and GC (injuries dependent).

Hibs were a few minutes away from their seventh straight league defeat on Saturday and have thereby only picked up a single point from the 21 that was available. They are the lowest scorers in the premiership this season. In addition they have only scored three goals in their last twelve hours of league football.

Would also like to see more urgency, drive, closing down and commitment from the County team that were in Paisley Saturday just gone.

Given the above I cannot see any reason why County cannot get the prize win against Hibs……..

That is exactly how I see it also. MDL just hasn't the legs to start another game. We would get more out of him coming on for 25 mins or so.

For me Tempo is vital tonight, Don't let them settle on the ball. Our midfielders must get tighter than they have in the last two games. Do that and we have the quality to beat them.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

It's vital that we show desire and hunger to match Hibs tonight, they caused Partick all sorts of problems and really only failed to score due to an outstanding goalkeeping show from Gallagher.

We need to be right in their faces and not let them play or bully us - this will be a battle and only the team that shows discipline, strength and determination will prevail!

I've never been so nervous, excited and concerned about a game in ages.....who knows how it will end up, but it's in our own hands and we have the players that can go out and win this!

Come on County - one more outstanding performance and three points!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-05-2014, 10:47 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Great idea. The most important game of the season, so let's throw on 2 untested U20s. Why not try Billy Ferries at left back while we're at it.

The reason they are untested is our managers absolute refusal to try young players who are performing well in the U20 league. Tony and Kyle have been playing against premier league players regularly and score just about every week. They both deserved a try but did not get it.

One of the reasons we are in the predicament we are is because of a sometimes blinkered and dogmatic style of management. He has been great for the club but sometimes does not seem to learn from mistakes. To pick the same team because they won the week before is poor management sometimes. You should pick your team that offer the best chance to win against the style of play of your opposition.

When you need goals you put someone on that can score them. Arquin created havoc when we played St Mirren in Dingwall. I like Slew but he is predictable and sometimes makes the wrong decision. He looks busy but not really effective, especially with high balls where he tends to just stick his bum out to put the jumper off. Melvin seems to have gone a wee bit stale, perhaps he is carrying an injury? What ever the reason for Arquins absence he has given the same effort on his return. If he needed punished it can be done to his pocket and not punish the supporters by leaving him out. If he was legitimately away then he should have been back in the team on his return. He is what we needed from the start in our last 2 games. We may have scored last week in the first half if he was playing. I will never forget Goodwin bouncing off him in Dingwall when we got the winner.

If we dont start with Arquin tonight I fear we will be stuffed once again by Mr Butcher. We have looked a bit lacking in belief and desire the last few games. Even clueless and ineffective up front at times. Some have said we looked tired but I am not sure that is what it is. When warming up there appear to be cliques. Last season they fought for each other to a man because they were and still are good friends. Even though some have moved to other clubs. It is great team spirit and togetherness that is lacking this season. Only some of the team have it. I have a gut feeling we are once again going to be the first team Hibs beat for months if we dont get at them with fire and desire.

There is no doubt that when the players we have want to win in a game like tonight they do. The question is how many of tonights team play like they want to win.

Just my subjective view and no team member has been hurt when making it Smile

Im not getting that "build up to the game" feeling at all today, just growing more and more nervous!! What's worse is im stuck in Aberdeen and wont make it either so the Radio for me tonight. I was going to wait until 10pm and watch it "as live" but stuff that!

(05-06-2014, 11:31 AM)theweehighlander Wrote: Im not getting that "build up to the game" feeling at all today, just growing more and more nervous!! What's worse is im stuck in Aberdeen and wont make it either so the Radio for me tonight. I was going to wait until 10pm and watch it "as live" but stuff that!

No! No!
Leave it until 10pm.
Have several beers and your other favourite tipple beside you.
Switch on BBC Alba, for the “live” game.
Sit back, relax, and watch County beat Hibs for the 3 points!

(05-06-2014, 12:38 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote:
(05-06-2014, 11:31 AM)theweehighlander Wrote: Im not getting that "build up to the game" feeling at all today, just growing more and more nervous!! What's worse is im stuck in Aberdeen and wont make it either so the Radio for me tonight. I was going to wait until 10pm and watch it "as live" but stuff that!

No! No!
Leave it until 10pm.
Have several beers and your other favourite tipple beside you.
Switch on BBC Alba, for the “live” game.
Sit back, relax, and watch County beat Hibs for the 3 points!

I was pretty tempted for that - och still am! Ill decided at 7pm :p

Already $h1!!ing myself - Midweeks far worse than Saturdays!!!! Being forced to wait longer in an information desert is pure He!!.
I'm starting to hate match days - next seasons going to be a relief whatever happens.
Mon County

We need to make as much noise as we can so the team know that we are 100% behind them

I'm more nervous than I was before the cup final. Should really have booked the day off and gone on the drink!

Mallard for a pub lunch followed by a 'liquid dessert' to 'lubricate' one's vocal chords and then the game. I have no nerves, worries or concerns, what will be will be. Full disclosure - I may have eaten an entire plate of brownies from the students across the road, which accounts for a relaxed point of view and my god my hands are so huge!!!!

The only issue I'm currently debating about is whether to leave early for the Train back or wait till 10:30(ish) for the bus back home.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

Arquin on twitter effectively urging the fans to show loyalty ......eh

Heading for pub, need some soothing drink, mon the Staggies!